Blue Dream's laying, Skywalker's Prayin

Hey guys!

Just like the title says…

These girls are in Octopots and started from seed. They are on day 25 from seed. Using Athena Blended nutrients introduced the first feeding this past Sunday at half levels.
Soil is Fox Farms Coco-Loco.

Here’s Blue Dream on the left

Here’s Skywalker OG looking awesome, with a very saggy Blue Dream in the background.

Other than the Sag, both plants are looking good at day 25 from seed.

Any ideas? I thought maybe too much moisture, so moved RH down a bit. Here’s current readings…

Lights at around 350 PPFD. Just moved to Veg this past Sunday, but still have light below 400 PPFD due to the sagging.

Any help and thoughts appreciated!

6 Likes

I like all this fun stuff people starting now use.
I am seriously considering using this smart pot/ water reservoir system for autos outdoors this year.
what did you pay to put the two of those together?

2 Likes

It is pretty cool. Its all new to me, Psilly one. Been growing less than a year.
I think the two 6 gallon res Octopots with auto-fill (not hooked up - but see some plumming) were $200 with shipping. Thats with Grommets on Rocket sleeves as well.

At this point, Im already geared up for another Octopot grow with Rain Science grow bags. Im really hopeful for that one.

I would definitely recommend Octopots, but there are options for Sleeves/Growbags that may be better that what the company offers.

Check out the thread I started on it!

2 Likes

Thought you might like this @PsillyRabbit

Saw this a few months back on my way to work and had to grab a photo. Check out the license plate as well!

7 Likes

Are they near the end of the light cycle? Lights off soon?

No. I run veg lights 6am-midnight. That schedule allows me some time after work to mess with plants as needed.

Blue Dream has been this way several days. Before the feeding started.

1 Like

There is something to be said about how one is up and the other is down. Good eye.
They do look nice and heathy though.

• that bus is awesome i would go nuts if i saw that.

Here’s Blue Dream on the 15th looking pretty good.

On the 16th kinda droopy and no-bueno in the background.

On the 12th still not exactly praying for light, LOL.

2 Likes

Still unsure about whats going on, or if this is accepable.

I asked about the light schedule because I’ve had some plants basically “go to bed” before the rest. An hour or two before lights out every one is perky except one all drooped down. If that’s the way the plant is all day then perhaps a root issue.

2 Likes

I kinda figured that, lol.
Yeah, looking at the 21 day seedling to veg photos tells me the leaves have never really pointed up.
In my EXTREMELY limited experience, the 6 plants Ive grown (7 with Skywalker) have all pointed up and prayed. Then, at end of day they start to relax.

I have a difficult time thinking its a root issue due to the roots just making to the reservoir in the Octopot. Everything is so new, and they were aggressively seeking and found water.

1 Like

Your comment @ABushOfKush among other things had me thinking…
Could be the roots just poking thru to reservoir water are not getting enough oxygen due to soil being a bit moist. As they hit the res, they will oxygenate.
See how they go for the next day or two.

1 Like

I agree with @ABushOfKush and was going to say the same about light schedule.

I tend to run a few varieties at the same time. All get the exact same treatment (watering, top dress, etc). I’ve noticed there might be one or two of a particular strain that droop before the others. It seems they’ve just had enough light for the day and are calling it quits early.

Over time, them seem to adjust and keep up with the rest. This is just my personal opinion and I don’t have any data to substantiate it. :beers:

That would make sense, but going over the pictures this blue dream plant has never really been perky. Every photo I’ve seen and every time I’ve seen it in person other than brand new leaves sprouting, they are always kind of saggy.

I did just check out the reservoir and roots are starting to populate a lot more now. I’m really hoping it’s just a little bit too much moisture and The Roots making it to the water should help add oxygen.

2 Likes