Blueberry F4 - Resinous Males

We all know that a resinous male is hard to find. However, there could be certain lineages which have a higher occurrence.

Are resinous males fairly common in DJ Short’s Blueberry F4? Does anyone have experience with that line here?

8 Likes

Couldn’t say, but I should know soon. Perhaps I’ll have something to report. I will keep an eye on my F4 blueberry plants.

5 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @DainIronFoot

5 Likes

Curious why DJ Short specifies his blueberry lines are F4 or F5? Is he making a point that he actually works these lines vs. the abundance of crosses being made and released without working the lines? Or is it to differentiate this blueberry line from one in the past? Or something entirely different?

Sorry, dont have much to contribute to the resinous male question- it is a good one tho. I’m also curious if there are strains that typically show an abundance of resinous males.

2 Likes

I kind of figured it was because he lost the parents somewhere along the way and that was either the next closest gen he had or hopefully that’s the gen he found plants close to the orginal parents

Just my own high guessing no actual knowledge of what DJ has going on in his lab lol

3 Likes

He works the lines. I do not see F4 available anywhere anymore.

Welcome to Overgrow @DainIronFoot, please keep us updated! I only have seen one F4 male so far…

2 Likes

I had a resinous male of mr nice nhs this spring. was not the normal though so far.

1 Like

I had a resinous male Flo F5 that I got from a pack given to me by Miraculous Meds

His offspring were epic

1 Like