Blueberry Krinkle Gene/Pheno

Just thought I would share this Krinkle deformity that shows up in strains that have Blueberry in them. This is a Blue Magoo, and there is nothing wrong with this plant, it’s completely 100% healthy. This trait shows up in Blueberry plants probably 20% of the time, and in plants with Blueberry as a parent, I would say 10-15% of the time. It’s quite unusual looking, but I would not throw it out until u bring it to harvest. Sometimes these little retarded plants have retard strength. Sometimes they will grow out of it, but more often than not, they won’t. I have seen it in Kimbo Kush, Blue Magoo, and Blue Cheese. It occurred about 20% in my 10 pack of Kimbo, and Blueberry is a grandparent, not a mother or father. Just something interesting I thought I would share.

7 Likes

Looks like a really bad PH problem, no? But you do say they turn this way a certain percentage of time. Have you had entire pack of seeds pop without it happening or same strain just from a different bank? Could be a great name. “Blueberry Krinkle”.

I have a diesel moonshine from Mosca seeds that is exhibiting the same traits, but it’s male. Put it outside to turn it and collect pollen, maybe, but really just don’t want to kill it and don’t want to waste energy on it.

Cool heads up!

I’m pretty sure Moonshine has Blueberry in it, it is a DJ Short strain. It is a genetic trait, 100% healthy.

1 Like

Dj blue line all shows deformity problems in some phenos…
On blueberry related its very common the “salad” like deformity in more purple lines… that usually were the best terpene wise but the lowest yelders, opposite of green pheno that was a very decent yelder but less tasty/smelly. I’ve kept moms of both phenos in different times…
Ds

2 Likes

I completely agree Dee.

Mmmmmm nice… berry berry nice!

Btw it’s the Thai in it that causes those gene deformities

DJ did a write up about it somewhere

2 Likes

Thanks for the info swampthing.

1 Like