Bodhi Dread Bread and Imperial Majesty; Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy; Doc D Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thai, Outer Limits and Sour Diesel x DE

Glad to hear things are going good, and congrats on day 1 of flower! 2mo veg seems completely normal.

Nada man, just about harvest time here. Job’s keeping me busy besides that, spring was all day storms and clouds here for the first time since the 1980s. Been dealing with this every night for two straight months, sensor about 2" above the canopy:

Somehow avoided rot with constant air circulation and exhaust, I hope. Day 65F and letting it ride…

:crossed_fingers: :green_heart:

13 Likes

Wifi #3 is the one you want. Still to this day one of my all time favorites. #43 was found later by JB’s and chosen because of its higher yield.

4 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic here haha. I always veg for at least eight weeks.

Oh, sweet, I didn’t realize you were in a position to grow again. Or maybe I did and forgot. Saw those pics of the Geisel and the Skunktek Sour you posted on that Sour thread yesterday, I think I know where you got those… haha. What else are you flowering? The Blue Dream etc?

Yeahhhhh, it’s been a weird spring/summer for sure. Besides just not liking this weather and being ready for it to warm up, I’m kind of irritated about the fact that I coulda been flowering this whole time, coulda started some new seeds a month before I chopped the other stuff in early March. I just assumed it was gonna start to warm up around then (because it usually always does) and that I’d have to stick to the normal schedule.

Still fucking cold here in the mornings and evenings, though, but I think that’s finally gonna change this week. Hopefully…

12 Likes

I’m not really looking haha.

Big surprise. “Fuck whether or not it’s a true representation of WiFi; all I care about is yields!”

Those guys are idiots…

8 Likes

If I was being sarcastic, it’d be more obvious! 2mo seems like a standard veg time to me, especially from seed.

I haven’t stopped growing, just haven’t been flowering because of having to use our spare bedroom (where the tent is) for lots of family visits in late 2022 and early 2023. Also, I had several packs of beans not germ last summer that were going to be preservation seed runs. It reminds me to keep my seed vault in good storage and to either start popping those older packs, or gift them to people who will run them in a timely fashion and not rush to sell them on IG. lol

It’s back to normal weather here, like someone flipped a switch. Hot & dry, not a cloud in the sky.

As for other stuff I’m running this round, after so many issues with old seeds, I ended up running a bunch of clones this round - TK, Chem D, Chem 91 (Skunk Va), Bubba (pre-93 green cut supposedly from Orgnkid), Giesel, and Sour Diesel (Skunktek). Bubba coming down tomorrow, the rest on Friday which is day 70F.

:peace_symbol:

20 Likes

Alright, here’s the new grow log: Doc D Chocolate Blitz; Freeborn Yesca x Jaro f3; Relic/Professor P/Dynasty Grapefruit f3; and (1) Bodhi Hasplant D

I’m reeeealllllyyyy glad to be done with this one, didn’t mean for it to encompass two grows. I will eventually write smoke reports for some of the stuff from this log that I haven’t written ones for yet, but like I said, I wasn’t thrilled with most of it. I blazed some eight-month-old Imperial Majesty a while back and it was better than ever (pretty good to begin with, too), so I’m kinda hoping that some of the most recent harvest improves after having been in jars since March, as well.

And if it doesn’t, the new stuff’ll be ready by, like, late September :grinning: :rofl: :disappointed_relieved: haha.

17 Likes

Nikah smoke report (this was the plant, chopped on day 62):

Looks:

Bear in mind that those nugs were put into jars on March 8, been sitting in there for five-and-a-half months now haha.

Smell: Total anise. Anise and nothing else. She smelled like that while she was growing, she smelled like that after she was dried and trimmed and she still smells like that now, nearly six months later. Pretty interesting and completely unexpected.

Flavor: same as the smell, with a tiiiiiiny little bit of earthiness on the backend. But mostly it’s just a mouthful of black licorice haha. Even though I would never choose to eat black licorice, I actually like weed that tastes like that.

High: Paralyzing and extremely cerebral. And when I say,“Paralyzing,” I don’t mean “couchlocked.” Or I don’t mean it in the traditional sense, I guess, just because when I think of “couchlocked,” I think of being goofy and just not wanting to get up. I could get up if I wanted to, but I don’t want to.

This weed is not like that at all. It’s a very, very, VERY “electric” body high. I dunno if y’all ever read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but this weed reminds me of the chapter where Hunter takes some of the adrenochrome that his attorney had. Seriously, it’s that uncomfortable of a body high. I feel extremely tense, like my body’s been plugged into a socket, I don’t really wanna move at all, I can’t move haha, but my mind’s racing…

Honestly, it’s pretty unpleasant. After that wears off, though, 45 minutes later, it’s pretty good weed! Haha. Functional and happy and all that. Good legs, too. I suspect that she’s taking wayyyyyyy after the TK female, just based on what I’ve read about TK. The comeup is very lengthy, like I said, 45 minutes at least, very “edgy,” definitely doesn’t remind me of any of the other OMG hybrids I’ve grown and smoked, anyway.

One time nube said something to me about, like, a “white knuckle” sorta high. That’s really the best way to describe the comeup of this smoke. If you’re into that sorta thing, you’d probably really like this one. Sadly, I’m not into that when it comes to my weed… hurumph!

So, yeah, this specific plant would absolutely NOT be a “keeper” for me, but I’ve still got a lot of seeds left, definitely gonna grow it again. If I could find a plant or three where the OMG dad kind of “mellows” that comeup, but still maintains the functional high that follows it, those would be really good plants haha…

25 Likes

Now that I think about it, that Black Triangle affected me kind of the same way. Both of those BT plants made me feel really physically uncomfortable, although the BT’s were a “deeper” sort of uncomfortable, one that I’d literally feel in my bones. The physical aspects of the Nikah comeup are more “surface,” more “in my skin,” if that makes any sense, but also way more intense than the Black Triangles.

I wonder if it’s just a Triangle Kush thing, like that strain just does not agree with me at all or something. I dunno…

But I’m still gonna plant some more of those Nikah seeds at some point haha.

17 Likes

Oh nice report!!

My guess is you’re getting a mix of the two parents. the flowers look like ghash not so much the TK. and Anise is right out for TK. But the electric come up, white knuckle high sounds like TK. I like to call it
ridethesnake-jimcarey
After a week of smoking her consistently though, there’s no more uncomfortableness and/or paranoia. Just a soaring sociable high.

But this part:

reminds me of the TriForce #1. I swear she tenses me up, to the point i sometimes don’t wanna smoke her because it just exacerbates my pain. but the high overall isn’t quite as strong as the TK is. I will say don’t get tense at all off the TK herself, but some of the offspring from her I for sure do. So it’s gotta be something she’s passing on as they’re all unrelated outcrosses :thinking:

19 Likes

OMG, not GHash haha. This is the TK x OMG. But yeah, plant morphology-wise, she was allllll OMG, with those big-ass rails of flowers growing up and down every branch, very little stretch etc etc. One of my Smart Moves grew the same way and although I tend to gravitate towards stretchier “Sativa”-type plants, there’s something about the OMG leaners (any of those hybrids) that I really like and appreciate.

Yeah, I agree. Honestly, if somebody’s a big fan of TK, this would probably be an ideal plant/cross for them to try, just because the high does sound like what I’ve read about TK, but the yields were much, much better than what I’ve heard about straight TK. I think this plant yielded like 90+ grams and was done in 62 days. Lemme look at my notes real quick…

Yeah, 95.5 grams, which I think is pretty good.

But I don’t wanna smoke her for a week straight haha! For real, it’s sooooo fucking uncomfortable that I don’t wanna have to “get used” to her at all. I’ve sniffed like a gram of blow at work in six hours with no alcohol to take the edge off and that was still a more preferable feeling to the way the Nikah feels on the comeup haha!

It’s not something I wanna get used to, is my point. I’ve got other weed I like more.

Side note: if anybody’s in the SFV and wants a bunch of free Nikah, hit me up! Haha…

Yeah, that’s interesting. Very curious. I mean, with the Black Triangles, I wasn’t even in pain, there was no pain to be exacerbated haha, but whenever I’d smoke it, my bones (specifically the bones in my hands and feet) would really hurt. It was uncomfortable and super-unpleasant.

The Nikah’s not like that, it’s more of a “battery acid in my veins” sorta feeling. Which I also don’t like haha.

16 Likes

I even have a pack of this cross myself so I should’ve known better! lol

That all sounds pretty good! I do wonder on that level of uncomfortableness though now that you mention it like that. There are still some “indica’s” that put me in my head in an uncomfortable way that aren’t necessarily really potent or anything. You never got anything like that from the Smart Moves?

Interesting on the bone note! Some of the TriForce make me really aware of my jaw(had teeth removed) and this tendon group that sits behind the jaw under your ear and runs up the side of the face. I usually balance it with the SSDD. But the TK itself, again, doesn’t do that. Might get a headband effect, forehead sweats, but not tenseness or pain. Its only in the outcross…

10 Likes

I’m feeling a lot better about not getting a pack of Nikah after reading that description of the high! Hah that’s everything I try to avoid. Must be a TK thing, in my exp. OMG has a really nice chill high.

10 Likes

Yeah, most of those BLD-type short/squat/barely-any-stretch-type plants do that to me. “Everybody’s cannabinoid receptors are different!” haha. But for real, I think they are. I very rarely like those BLD’s, none of them affect me the way other people have reported on them, but I keep growing them anyway haha.

Except for

Those. This is the first OMG cross I’ve grown that wasn’t like that; even the Mango Biche x OMG was very good and enjoyable, despite the fact that they didn’t grow anything like an OMG leaner.

Uh uh, but I only grew two plants. The difference between them, morphology-wise, was extremely noticeable, though. One grew a lot like that Nikah plant; the other had way smaller flowers and was more “gap-y.” Totally different smells and flavors, too. But they both smoked reeeaalllll good, never should’ve given away the rest of that pack haha.

Hm. Interesting. I wonder if it’s because of what you’re crossing the TK to…

12 Likes

lol, I may need some of this weed

Nice write up, I like that you write up reports for weed that you don’t even like. I usually say, “Fuck it”, and just shrug them off as a loss or lose interest in them, hah.

Come up to PDX, I’ll trade you for some Sour D :wink:

16 Likes

Great report as always that honestly sounds right up my ally for smoke I don’t mind those potent white knuckle strains rather enjoy them I love that electric feeling :joy: not the biggest licorice fan but I find that profile is quite tasty in cannabis had a Colin’s og rbx that had that anise kind of profile only a 6 hour drive to sfv area :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I got a pack with your name on it when you are ready to accrue some more beans, just say the word.

12 Likes

Maaaan, you know, sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. I never wrote a report for the Black Triangles. And I’m not sure I’m gonna write a report for everything from the second portion of this grow log, either. But I did kinda feel like,”Dude, you gotta report on some of this shit…” haha. And I blazed the Nikah a few times recently, felt like I oughta write something while it was still fresh in my mind.

I mean… Maybe. Personally, I like to pound tons of alcohol when I’m doing blow, but that’s just me haha. I can’t stand the feeling of being super-wired on cocaine without any alcohol to mellow it out.

Come down to LA, I’ll trade you for some Nikah (and a bunch of other stuff) haha…

Okay. If you have any of those seeds, plant them, I guess haha!

Honestly, I’m not as “opposed” to this one as I am Bodhi’s Purple NL2 or even the Black Triangle. I’m gonna grow this Nikah again at some point; can’t say the same for the Purple NL2 or the BT.

Nahhhh, dude, you grow them! It’s good weed! Considering the fact that I got two very, very different plants from the seeds I sowed, I’d say odds are good that you’ll end up with something you like.

Or maybe something that I’d like haha…

18 Likes

Haha, that’s what you say every time!

5 Likes

Because I mean it! Haha. You should grow them, those were cool and interesting plants, easy to grow, good smoke. And I’ve got too many seeds as it is, I don’t wanna start raiding your stock haha.

7 Likes

Since we’re talking abut it, here are the two Smart Move plants from like three-and-a-half years ago (gawd, time flies…):

I guess the non-OMG leaner wasn’t as “gap-y” as I remember… haha. Maybe it was just the camera angle, I dunno. She still looked pretty different from the OMG-type plant.

That one developed the most overwhelming tangerine smell, it was pretty fucking awesome. She’s one of the few plants I’ve ever grown that I wished I woulda kept around.

18 Likes