Bodhi Dread Bread and Imperial Majesty; Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy; Doc D Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thai, Outer Limits and Sour Diesel x DE

Imperial Majesty #1 looks:

I always label each jar “1/2/3…” etc, so that I’m sure to keep going through the first jar first, then the second etc. That way, by the time I get to the last jar, it’s been sealed up for a good long while. I also tend to put the fattest nugs in the last jar, just because I feel like the bigger the flowers are, the longer they’ll take to be properly cured. Having said that, pretty much every jar of the Imperial Majesty #1 (and the #2) look like the above pics, with those tiny little nuggets. But that’s okay haha. There are some nice buds in the jars for sure, but nothing like the fat-ass flowers from those short plants.

Smell: so my “amateur” perfume-smeller friend came over and I had her smell these jars. This is not the same chick who gets perfume samples sent to her; the one who gets samples sent to her turned this other friend on to the whole “perfume-smelling game” or whatever haha. But she’s still got a good nose. Better than mine.

Anyway, as soon as she got a whiff of the first Imperial Majesty #1 jar (and the first #2 jar, too, actually), she immediately said,“Oh, wow, it smells like tomato sauce!” I was like,“What?” but I can see where she was coming from. It doesn’t smell like crushed tomatoes themselves, but the #1 definitely has a sorta “oregano/basil/marjoram/thyme” kind of “deep herbal” thing going on for sure, like the things that you use to season tomato sauce. It smells good. I was hoping it’d maintain the way it smelled while growing through the drying/curing process, with that “classic OG” aftershave/perfume-y kinda thing, but I guess not haha. I wonder how much the too-hot drying conditions had to do with that…

Taste: Woody. That’s really the only way I can describe it. It doesn’t taste like any kind of specific wood, it’s not like it’s “cedar” or “cherry” or “oak” or anything, but it tastes very woody to me. I get a little hint of “perfume” on the backend, but it’s mostly just a straight-up “woody” flavor. It’s not bad, but it’s not amazing, either haha.

Effect: I really like this one! It actually kind of reminds me of a better Goji, with that sorta “meditative/Everything’s fine/mellow”-type of high. The first thirty minutes are slightly cerebral, I definitely do a lot of thinking, but it isn’t overwhelming. It’s not rushy or racy or uncomfortable. I feel like those first thirty minutes are kind of a prelude to the actual high, which sort of implies that it’s a creeper, but it isn’t; I’m for sure very high shortly after smoking this one, but the real fun starts after about thirty minutes, when it becomes an extremely “mellow” high. That’s the best way I can put it. I don’t want people to take that the wrong way, though, because “mellow” to a lot of people might imply “weak” or “lazy” and it isn’t weak or lazy at all. It’s good weed and strong enough, for sure. Functional. It’s good weed for chilling and being functional haha. And if you’re not chill already, this weed will make you chill.

I also sleep really, really well when I smoke this one before bed, but in general it isn’t “sleepy time” weed. I’ve been blazing this one during the day and it’s been fine, no crazy-heavy comedown or anything. If you’re already sleepy, though, it isn’t going to keep you awake for more than an hour or so haha.

Anyway, yeah, I like this one a lot. I’ve only just started getting into the #2 Imperial Majesty, but so far I prefer the #1.

Edit: looks like there’s a seed in that one nug in those pics. Shit… haha. Overall, though, the IM’s don’t seem like they got “officially” seeded or anything, despite my earlier speculation. I haven’t found any seeds while I’ve been breaking up nugs. I did find a few fully-developed seeds at the base of a couple flowers on every single other plant grown this round while I was trimming, though. I dunno what that was about, but I don’t think the plants actually got pollinated or anything.

24 Likes

I really wish you’d take cuts of your stuff :sob:

12 Likes

Haha, one day…

I do have a plan (kind of) and I will take clones at some point, just because I wanna do a little breeding of my own. I dunno why, but I’ve been obsessing over finding a male from the Hollyweed pack I have and crossing that to a bunch of the “Sativa” seeds I have. It’s just something where I’ve been like,”Yeah, that’s what I’m gonna do whenever I make my own seeds: whateverwhatever x Hollyweed…” But that’d require growing out all of the “Sativa” plants, taking cuts, keeping them around, finding keepers, then planting the Hollyweed seeds… You know how it works, Windy haha. Sounds like a pain in the ass to me and I admire anybody who can do shit like that. Or at least the people who do it properly. I’m not gonna do it unless it’s done well.

And I dunno from one day to the next how well anything I do is gonna get done haha…

17 Likes

sounds like you got it all planned out already, sounds real cool i was thinking about planting the last few hollyweed seeds i have to find a male too since i thought the pollen i gathered wasn’t gonna be viable, do that shit!! the hollyweed is awesome i didn’t know you grew it before? mines were doughey beery marsmallow with a nice thick garlic gassy smoke, good effect

the process to do it you’re describing, i just did that pretty much, it’s way more excitement than work, it’s easy to do if you’re down to do it

about those dodgers? i went to game 1, good seats too, fucking incredible, game 2 not so much

7 Likes

Wow, excellent description, seed banks should hire you for the “Effect” write up. Not sure I’ve seen one better.

5 Likes

Uh uh, no, I haven’t ever grown it before. I’ve got a pack in the fridge, one of the ones that I unfortunately only bought a single pack of, which is why I haven’t planted any yet. I know you really liked yours; I’ve really only ever heard good things about it. I do think it’d be interesting to cross it to some of the Sativa-dominant plants I’ve found in crosses like that C. Gold x DE, that huge C. Gold-leaner from a couple grows ago (not the DE-leaner, though haha), Bandaid Haze and others that I haven’t grown yet, like the Malawi cross etc or that I have growing now, like the Santa Cruz Pure Haze cross.

At the same time, though, those plants have been pretty amazing on their own haha, not too sure they need to be “improved” or fucked with at all. I dunno.

Yeah, I know it isn’t rocket science or anything haha, it’s more a matter of sometimes I just don’t feel like dealing with any plants. Like, I’d have to keep cuts of the ones I wanted to make crosses of and then be home every day to deal with them. It’s nice taking a break for a week or two between grows.

I dunno. I’ll do it one day haha.

Sweeeeet… We watched the first two games, but we’re not watching it tonight haha. My girl gets really stressed about Dodgers playoff games, doesn’t wanna watch game 3. That’s fine with me. I’m weening off alcohol right now, not really feeling like doing much of anything (except drinking haha). I’ll check the score in a little bit and turn it on if the Dodgers are ahead haha.

Thanks, dude!

12 Likes

something to do, some seeds to have in 20 years, we never know when we’re doing something special

i only see mines every two days, if i leave, some bluemat classic will do (not the dripper ones)

i guess you didn’t watch it huh! we need bellinger in the lineup, mister clutch, fuck tonight sucked

7 Likes

It’s not a matter of watering, it’s a matter of the heat. If I don’t open the tent during lights-on, it gets unacceptably hot in there (unacceptable to me; I’m sure the plants would be fine). Plus, like I said, sometimes I just don’t feel like dealing with growing-related stuff, especially after I’ve been on my normal growing schedule of May 1 to, like, early-mid April of the following year. I want a break.

Anyway, I dunno why we’re back on this,”Trying to convince minitiger to make seeds,” shit haha. How many times have I already said that I don’t care if I ever make seeds? Haha.

Just kidding. I know I was the one who brought it up.

I was flipping back and forth, watched a little bit of the last few innings. Bellinger does always seem to get a big hit at crucial times (that grand slam against the Giants last season immediately comes to mind…), despite the fact that he hasn’t been good the last few seasons. Something needs to change, anyway. In an elimination game, why not try everything? ‘Cuz we’re not getting it done right now at all. 111-win season possibly going down the drain in the first postseason series? Horrible…

7 Likes

absolutely 100% i was saying that yesterday we need bellinger to swing on a ball 2 feet from the strike zone and somehow it rakes a bunch of runs in, that’s the guy! i believe in CT3 too even if he seems to be blindfolded at the plate

but yeah dude, maybe don’t make seeds haha, maybe for preservation, reveg a great female and put a male next to her outside, i did that this year it worked

5 Likes

Hello minitiger,

Good to meet ya. I like your selections n your style.

Im curious to know if you have any initial thoughts on the dread bread? And i think I missed it if you mentioned it before, but how long did your dreads flower for?

2 Likes

I’ve only tried the #1 Dread Bread a few random times, but it seems good so far. Haven’t tried the #2 yet. I’ll probably start checking them out in earnest this week and write the smoke reports for both at some point next weekend. I like to spend a few days trying one specific plant at different times of the day, when my energy levels etc are different so I can get a real idea of how each plant affects me.

So I guess just keep your eyes peeled for the smoke reports. They’ll get written and posted here at some point haha. They were great plants to grow, though, if that’s what you’re asking. If you have the seeds, plant them.

I chopped them on day 77. One of them seemed done; one of them probably coulda gone another week, but I figured I’d just chop them both at the same time. I don’t use a loupe or anything to check trichomes, mostly just go by feel; they both “felt” pretty much done to me. Plus, some of the other plants started showing signs of some kinda pest damage (although the two Dread Breads didn’t), so I figured I’d get the DB’s outta there.

18 Likes

Appreciate it . Will keep an eye out for your thoughts.

3 Likes

Going…

… Going…

Gone.

Gone.

Gone.

This is reeeeallllyyyyyy starting to piss me the fuck off. Same as last time, right around day 17, they started shriveling up and eventually just withered away. Really fucking annoying. Obviously, something’s not right with my soil mix. I mixed up some new soil a couple days ago, I’ll start the new seeds in that soil and just toss the old devil dirt. I guess. But fuck me, man, I just lost a bunch of little seedlings. I’m probably gonna plant only things that I have three packs of, just to make sure they do okay, before I start planting other things.

I sent somebody five of the Santa Cruz Pure Haze x A5Thai seeds a couple weeks ago, just because I was like,“Oh, I planted five this round, still have 19 seeds left, I can send you five of those beans, I don’t need that many.” One of the ones I planted didn’t sprout, one fizzled out immediately after breaking ground and two others fried up like in the above pics haha! I planted three more like ten days after it became obvious that two of them from the initial round weren’t gonna do shit; they look to be doing fine. And now I’m like,“Man… Probably shouldn’t have sent those seeds…” haha!

Only one of the Mountain Temples hasn’t shriveled up, three of the Nikahs have shriveled up… Just a serious bummer all around. I really don’t understand what the problem is, especially because some of the others look like this:

Looks fine to me.

I don’t get it haha.

22 Likes

Man, that one seedling is looking super healthy. It sucks about the other ones though. Strange that it’s the same soil mix for all of them though and some are doing OK though. Looks like a PH or oxygen/air problem in the root zone to me. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re using recycled soil mix, that you leave in totes after you’re done with your runs. When you’re starting seeds, you’re pulling the mix out of those totes and amending it and then starting seeds in that? Or not amending, just straight from the totes?

When I was recycling soil I would run into problems with seedlings like this. Not sure if it was pathogen related, or if the mix was just too hot or dense or water logged for the little seedlings. I’m really not trying to plug any products or anything, but ever since I switched to this stuff from KIS, I’ve had near 100% success rate on my seeds. KIS Organics Seed Starter Mix . It’s probably nothing special in their mix either, (Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Coco Coir, Oly Mountain Compost, Vermiculite, Organic Fertilizer with Mycorrhizae 5-5-3, Gypsum). You could easily replicate it if you have those ingredients. I do notice that it is super fluffy and light, even when holding water it doesn’t feel water logged. It must not have a bunch of compost in it, seems like mostly peat and coco to me. It’s also not that expensive, especially when considering that you’re popping seeds that are $5-10 bucks each. Might be something to consider?

16 Likes

i’d agree, i always get a bag of new soil when germnating important seeds, they germinate in recycled too but only freebies haha, but yeah bro sorry that happened, id be furious

15 Likes

No, I amend it when I dump the pots into the totes, like all at once, and then I use the soil from the bins. But this soil isn’t even used/amended; it’s that fucking biochar-heavy soil that I mixed like eight months ago on the advice of somebody here, can’t even remember their screen name now haha, haven’t seen them post in months. I’ve never had this issue until I made that stupid fucking soil mix. I dunno why I thought changing shit up was a good idea. Bored, probably haha.

This is what the problem is, I think. Too dense. There’s too much biochar in there. I noticed that I’d find, like, huge clumps of char that didn’t get evenly distributed when I’d occasionally turn the soil, so I’m assuming that some of those pots are just too biochar-heavy.

Or I dunno haha!

In any event, I won’t be using soil from that bin again. I’m adding some of it to the new soil that I’m mixing up, just because I’m not adding any char at all to the new bins, but yeah, man… Fuck that biochar haha.

I’ve always just used my “regular” soil all the way through and it’s always worked. I think that the new soil will work fine. If it doesn’t, though, I may look into that KIS stuff haha. I could probably mix that up myself, got all of that stuff in the garage.

I wonder what the “Organic Fertilizer” in their mix is…

I dunno if I’m “furious” exactly, but I’m not glad haha. I really only have myself to blame, though. It wasn’t the seeds’ fault, ya know?

18 Likes

Yeah, when I am adding biochar into soil mixes, I do it at a rate of like 10% of overall volume. For popping seeds, light and fluffy soil is the best, I always use a seedling mix for seed starting. Although you may have to pot up your plants sooner as they will run out of juice with the lower nutrition seedling mix. In the past I have filled the top half of the pot with seedling mix and the bottom half with regular potting soil so the plant will have some richer soil as it grows but the seed has the lighter mix to aid in germination.

But yeah, bummer about those MT’s, I know you like that one.

11 Likes

That’s blows, killing plants is hard enough, but when they’re young and defenseless like that it feels so much worse haha.

I have been extremely skeptical of bio char basically since I heard about it. I’m gonna rant briefly if that’s ok. I’m gonna get ridden around for this, I know it, but that’s ok.

Mounting my soapbox.

I feel like bio char is thing pushed by soil cos to sell everyone garbage. I don’t recall seeing it ever until like 5 or 6 years ago, when the west started really burning. I feel like the convo went like this:

Soil co guy calling his raw materials supplier: Hey, let me get a big fucking pile of the “forest floor hummis” we put in everything

Raw materials guy: bad news bud, the forests we used to scrape clean are burnt down. Golden lining though, you ever heard of bio char?

SCG: Nah, what’s it do? Does it help the plant?

RMG: Idk, I found a couple articles about people in the Amazon doing some thing… point is it is high in profit and we’ve got a bunch.

SCG: Fuck me up homes, I’ll send a truck over.

Dismounting soap box.

Let the whipping begin. Haha
And I’m obviously talking shit here, so I’m sure there are plenty of benefits and blah blah blah.

8 Likes

Seems like they are still have some healthy growth in those pics. Can you save them and put them in some decent soil? Like gently pull them out, shake off roots and transplant? I’ll bet they make it.

7 Likes

Yeah, ten percent is like the max; I usually even do just five percent to be safe. But this dude was talking about going super-heavy with the biochar and using less pumice, too. At the time, it made sense haha, but I’m pretty sure my soil’s totally fucked now.

Whatever. I’m mixing a few shovels-worth into the new bins, just because it seems like such a waste to toss the whole bin. I think it’ll get straightened out.

Yeahhhhhh, I’m not too happy about losing four outta five. I still have more than a pack-and-a-half, they’ll get planted sooner rather than later. The only things I have three packs of are the Sour Diesel x Dragon Energy and the Mexican Melons, so I guess I’m just gonna plant a bunch of the SD cross. I dunno. Maybe I’ll plant a few Mexican Melons, too, I really liked that one.

My whole schedule for the next year is totally fucking thrown off now, though haha.

Nah, dude, it’s a real thing, been used by civilizations for millennia. I’ve seen multiple videos of excavation sites of, like, 1000-year old places (or whatever haha) where they found layers and layers of biochar. It’s legit. Biochar isn’t a gimmick.

I started adding it to my soil starting with my second grow, I think, like six or seven years ago. Didn’t have an issue with it then. And I’ve grown without it, too. I really do think the issue is that I added just so fucking much of it to that one soil bin, solely based on the advice of one person (which is not something I ever do haha; I never listen to only one person, I dunno what I was thinking). But if you add it at the suggested rate, 5-10%, it seems fine, so long as it’s charged.

12 Likes