Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I got to thinking about Road Kill Unicorn this morning and all the Unicorn related crosses… and Bodhis old Purple projects…

Before Purple Unicorn was a thing there… back in 2007 or 2008… sometime around then… I grabbed a pack called Purple Moonshine at auction and it was my first Bodhi pack. It had a wonderful grapey medicine like aroma/taste to it… kind of reminded me of Robitussin. Like many of Bodhi’s creations… it wasn’t offered long… Purple Moonshine was just one of a few SR71 Purple Kush crosses that B made… he experimented and released a few crosses like Purple Flubba, Sour Purple Kush, and even Double Purple Kush… and these would all come and go like a flash in a pan… never being offered for very long or more than one time.

Soon thereafter there were other Purple Moonshine crosses Bodhi made… so while Purple Moonshine itself was no longer available in seed form… the arrival of these new crosses became available…

Drunken Unicorn (purple unicorn x purple moonshine)
Drunken Monkey (grape ape x purple moonshine)
Drunken Master (socal master kush x purple moonshine)
Pre 2000 DJ Short blueberry indica x purple moonshine

Here’s a Purple Moonshine

Purple Unicorn itself (Chem D x Blackberry) was revealed around 2011 or so. Bodhi said it was his best smelling high potency, high yield purple strain at the time… & he said it was his favorite purple strain. Purple Unicorn would become an actual worked line like Dragonsblood was and would be available in seed form eventually for us to try.

Out of all of the Purple Unicorn crosses… and there’s been a bunch of them… Roadkill Unicorn, Purple Soul, Black Light Fantasy… etc… the one that I am the most excited to try myself is actually called “Stinky Unicorn” Stinky Unicorn is said to be ultra foul and absolutely putrid. Stinky Unicorn is Skywalker OG x Purple Unicorn… I hope it lives up to its reputation.

Besides the Unicorn crosses there was also Fantasy Island (Urkle x Appalachia) and that was another strain of B’s that I had grown myself… I even made a cross with it… my first attempt at making seeds. My best Fantasy Island pheno was a large yielding, fast flowering easy to grow plant that had a very floral smell to it. Medium potency but I myself didn’t get any purple phenos and that disappointed me… the one pheno I liked the best I figured was probably more leaning to the Appalachia side… some others had these wonderful Purple plant pics and absolutely beautiful plants that I’ve seen posted online. There was this really amazing dark purple Fantasy Island photo on Breedbay that I can’t seem to find anymore and it bums me out because that photo was sick… but I did find that someone on Overgrow grew Fantasy Island and had a similar pheno posted RIGHT HERE.

I’ll just post it anyway…
Fantasy Island by @KTF and its beautiful…

Okay so I’m done ranting. I hope someone here grabs that Road Kill Unicorn from DCSE today tho. That’s probably gonna be a fun one to grow.

39 Likes