Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

The thought with the razz hp was to try to chuck it onto a proven washer so all this info is very intriguing to me. Thanks for sharing, feel weird highlighting a bunch of people. The chocolate coffee thing makes me think Oreoz but we’ve been over that one, never really seen bubba rosin but it went out of favor before then so that could be cool too.

7 Likes

Has anyone here grown out the Skunk Hashplant?
It’s Hippyslayer 1 x 88g13hp

8 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be Hershey Squirt #1

Devils HP 1 - diablo og x 88

Spirit HP 1 - ghost og x 88

Redeye Jedi - skywalker og x 88

39 Likes

hershey squirt??? LOL not sure if you are being serious
It’s Hippy Slayer 1 I know that for sure

got some redy eye jedi and dla 16 going right now but I am trying to fit some bodhi into the next seed pop and am curious about the skunk hp. It was a freebie back in spring I think.

13 Likes

Here we go again. :rofl:

11 Likes

Prepare for the funk.

11 Likes

Not yet, but I actually have two packs in veg rn (the hs33 version). We shall see what they do indoors

10 Likes

That cut is legendary

5 Likes

Very cool. I’ve run 1 and found it an interesting plant (mine wasn’t super stinky, but kinda reminded me of what the dirty hippie was described like) but haven’t got back to the pack. Would love to hear about what you find.
Also talking about the hs33 vs the hs1, does anyone know the differences? I’ve heard the hs33 described before but I don’t think I’ve heard it seen the hs1.

5 Likes

Nice! I’m keeping my expectations low. I’ve coincidentally been growing a few purple/at-least-turned-purple strains that resemble fruit lately, so anything different would be refreshing :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have no idea on the differences between the different numbered Hippy Slayers but another guy I know that follows bodhi on breedbay (I think) was pretty excited when I told him I got the HS1 version. Guess time will tell. I’ll keep them in the fridge for now and if I don’t pop them by january I’ll put them in the freezer for the time being.

6 Likes

Grow outside for best results , B says it is super sensitive inside. Even outside I had a male throw pistils . Out of my pack, I had 3 to survive , the only female had the structure of the hp, real strong stalk. Stacked nice and tight too

3 Likes

Hs33 was found by PJ from LED seedz and the cut was given back to Bodhi

6 Likes

If you have grown mountain temple and loved it but no longer have seeds. Please DM me. Bonus points if you send a pic of your flower.

6 Likes

feels like early Christmas over here got signs of life on all 7 pagoda now to get them potted and hopefully above soil starting my thread here in the next day or so :grin:

Much love and happy growing y’all :v::heart::sunny::seedling:

41 Likes

Couple Black Triangle F2 .
IMG_9500

56 Likes

I got to thinking about Road Kill Unicorn this morning and all the Unicorn related crosses… and Bodhis old Purple projects…

Before Purple Unicorn was a thing there… back in 2007 or 2008… sometime around then… I grabbed a pack called Purple Moonshine at auction and it was my first Bodhi pack. It had a wonderful grapey medicine like aroma/taste to it… kind of reminded me of Robitussin. Like many of Bodhi’s creations… it wasn’t offered long… Purple Moonshine was just one of a few SR71 Purple Kush crosses that B made… he experimented and released a few crosses like Purple Flubba, Sour Purple Kush, and even Double Purple Kush… and these would all come and go like a flash in a pan… never being offered for very long or more than one time.

Soon thereafter there were other Purple Moonshine crosses Bodhi made… so while Purple Moonshine itself was no longer available in seed form… the arrival of these new crosses became available…

Drunken Unicorn (purple unicorn x purple moonshine)
Drunken Monkey (grape ape x purple moonshine)
Drunken Master (socal master kush x purple moonshine)
Pre 2000 DJ Short blueberry indica x purple moonshine

Here’s a Purple Moonshine

Purple Unicorn itself (Chem D x Blackberry) was revealed around 2011 or so. Bodhi said it was his best smelling high potency, high yield purple strain at the time… & he said it was his favorite purple strain. Purple Unicorn would become an actual worked line like Dragonsblood was and would be available in seed form eventually for us to try.

Out of all of the Purple Unicorn crosses… and there’s been a bunch of them… Roadkill Unicorn, Purple Soul, Black Light Fantasy… etc… the one that I am the most excited to try myself is actually called “Stinky Unicorn” Stinky Unicorn is said to be ultra foul and absolutely putrid. Stinky Unicorn is Skywalker OG x Purple Unicorn… I hope it lives up to its reputation.

Besides the Unicorn crosses there was also Fantasy Island (Urkle x Appalachia) and that was another strain of B’s that I had grown myself… I even made a cross with it… my first attempt at making seeds. My best Fantasy Island pheno was a large yielding, fast flowering easy to grow plant that had a very floral smell to it. Medium potency but I myself didn’t get any purple phenos and that disappointed me… the one pheno I liked the best I figured was probably more leaning to the Appalachia side… some others had these wonderful Purple plant pics and absolutely beautiful plants that I’ve seen posted online. There was this really amazing dark purple Fantasy Island photo on Breedbay that I can’t seem to find anymore and it bums me out because that photo was sick… but I did find that someone on Overgrow grew Fantasy Island and had a similar pheno posted RIGHT HERE.

I’ll just post it anyway…
Fantasy Island by @KTF and its beautiful…

Okay so I’m done ranting. I hope someone here grabs that Road Kill Unicorn from DCSE today tho. That’s probably gonna be a fun one to grow.

39 Likes

Hs33 found by bodhi
Hs1 found by pj

Heard hs33 isn’t as good.

14 Likes

I have a purple empress mom going for around seventh months now. I’ve taken clones easily and I also crossed her with a male rolling thunder.

I really like the structure and vigor of this pheno of purple empress, she’s easy to keep going and can take a lot without complaining much.

The buds were light purple and smelled sweet and had many bud sites, but were heavily seeded so I didn’t even take a small taste. The seeds I got are viable and I’m going to do another run and make f2s and so on.

Overall even without smoking the purple empress, it’s really nice to plant to work with. I do want to smoke it, but keep making seeds and my space is limited. I am keeping her for now as she’s one of my healthier more vigorous moms, but not my best. It seems she is great genetics and I recommend.

12 Likes

I was just reading through all the snow lotus cross descriptions on the ICMag thread… every one of them sounds so good haha I take it all the snow lotus crosses are long gone?

6 Likes