Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Sure, but again, considering the genetics of the Golden Triangle compared to the genetics of the Hollywood Pure (who knows what those actually are? Haha), it seems like the f2’s of the Golden Hashplant would yield more interesting plants, especially when you consider that there really isn’t that much of a difference between Hollywood, Topanga, Malibu etc etc. There’s a TON of those crosses out there. Seems to me that making f2’s of a hybrid that includes Green Crack would be more worthwhile. But that’s just me haha.

It really doesn’t matter to me; I’m not signing up for that seed run or anything. Sounds like the people have spoken: they want f2’s of that Hollyweed haha.

Wasn’t budwhisperer talking about doing an open pollination with an entire pack of one cross, though? I thought he was. If not, uh… My bad! Haha.

Plants look good!

13 Likes

No you’re correct, I’m just saying if I were to make F2s with a HP cross that’s how I’d go about it - so that’s my vote. Explore partial packs, come back and dust keepers or stand out plants later on.

11 Likes

Exactly.
in the Fall i will submit to a Co-op vote, most likely Hollyweed. (To do an open pollination of 12 seeds.)
Then i will find the right grower for this F2 project to grow and make seeds in 2024. On their schedule so the seed run isn’t a burden to them. Ideally for a Fall ‘24 or Spring ‘25 release.

And i agree w “Golden HP will probably produce much more interesting plants than Hollyweed”. But i’m hoping for the heavy indica “medical” benefits that Hollyweed is known for.

And many more members voted for it. 56% of the vote!

I think i read the HPK is possibly a pure Hindu Kush. Very similar to genes found in NL, Bubba, Affie, Purple Kush, LA Confidential, etc. and less like an OG Kush. But i could be wrong.

17 Likes

Wait. You’re not actually gonna grow them? You’re just sending them to somebody to grow? I don’t know much about how that co-op stuff works. Is that how it works?

Why don’t you just grow the Hollyweed seeds yourself and take cuts? That seems like it’d be the easiest way to find what you’re looking for. The more other people get involved, the higher the likelihood of bullshit happening.

13 Likes

GT is my favorite strain for sure! got 2 clones going right now, about day 20f. i also just sprouted a gt s1 i made. cant wait to see what comes from those! i would vote for the golden hashplant as well. but ive already got 2 packs so i wouldnt be signing up for those either. thanks for trying to put together a run!!

13 Likes

Yes, i’m not gonna grow them; i don’t trust my mediocre Vegging skills to f2 a strain for OG members. (I think i’m great at Germinating seeds, Flowering buds and Curing). But Vegging thriving plants can be a challenge for me to “dial them in”.

And i’ve won, been gifted and bought cheap from Co-op seed runs lots of cool seeds from OG members over 2 years. This way i can keep the good karma flowing.

18 Likes

I wish it was Golden Triangle by itself as the 88g13HP can be dominant.

7 Likes

always amazing shots brother.

respect …

6 Likes

Since Bodhi’s Ghash male is gone. . . what’s worth possibly sitting on for a repro or to give to one? I’ve got Super Silver Hash, Hash 1, Hash D, Skunk Hash 1, Skunk Hash 4

9 Likes

Hash D for sure! I have Blueberry Hashplant, Passionfruit Hashplant, Super Silver Hashplant, Magenta Hashplant, and Electric Hashplant.

I will do a seed run of one of these in the future.

12 Likes

Im down to help out with some repros! Ive got a couple outdoor skunk revival, wookie hp, booty, and black triangle. was thinking of doing a F2 on the black triangle very soon since I love TK.

7 Likes

Nah that’s pretty much the consensus on California Kushes/LA Kushes, they’re all old Hindu Kush/Afghani cuts from the 80s/90s, whether from Nevil or older and worked from landraces collected by surfers and hippies. There were quite a few California communes that grew weed to support themselves and sent people on the Hippie Trail to Afghanistan, Nepal, India, and other cannabis hotspots in the 60’s and 70’s as well, to bring back seed that became the backbone of all the homegrown California genetics

14 Likes

2MT 1GT. :crossed_fingers: hoping for a male GT!

30 Likes

That Golden Triangle sounds killer! Best of luck with them and hope you get what you’re looking for!

7 Likes

thank you! me as well. oldest seeds in the collection! 6 left to try after this one.

11 Likes

Not gonna lie I’ve dipped into them already for my first grow. Not hash 1 though. Hash D was good but I’m hoping hash 1 is a bit louder.

I’ll have to hold off and document f2 runs here, then. I really wanna do a feminized cross of a good D and 1.

4 Likes

GT snips that were in the fridge for 2 months. 6hrs in a cup with water, and they look like this overnight.

23 Likes

Just saying glad i just checked and say a few from the past available ooh wee. :open_mouth:
Grabbed the mystery freebie too or have we confirmed it was that last Collab strain possibly?

13 Likes

Both good options and no longer available.

2 Likes

Dude they have a bunch of stuff I havent seen in a while…

Endor Score, Guava HP, Lemon Lassi, Magic Carpet, Sky Lotus, Spirit Train, Drunken Parrot…

5 Likes