Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I might squeeze in some Wat Pho in a few weeks. Might hold off and run a bunch of his A5/Thai stuff after this next run though. Wat Pho seems like it should be a nice one.

13 Likes

This podcast covers a great deal of SSSC history with a founding member, Karel.

14 Likes

Maybe. I donā€™t make seeds, but if I did Iā€™d probably try to avoid ā€œinbreedingā€ like that, think Iā€™d use one parent plant that contained very dissimilar genetics from the other parent.

I havenā€™t been disappointed with any of it yet.

11 Likes

Thank You So Very Much ,Bro. , the growers edge , all you need is biologyā€¦
Many thank @PatioMat , highFive , Peace in the middle eastā€¦

6 Likes

Looks insane! Almost like an actual pineapple.

17 Likes

Cool! Iā€™d love to see some pics of those, if/when you feel like digging them out. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen the Goji article, and definitely not the Gold Star.

Yeah, I could tell it was bodhiā€™s descriptions from the writing style, haha. To me, itā€™s cool to see the creative effort that went into the articleā€¦ even if they were just pulling snippets from Bā€™s posts. I wasnā€™t big into magazines, coming up in the age of the internet, but I find those old articles cool, theyā€™re not like some random internet post, that could disappear for whatever reason. I dunno, Iā€™m glad that someone has them in the closet to pull out in twenty years and remember all the good weed they grew or smoked, or what was popular at the time, or maybe where some of the popular strains of the future got their beginnings.

13 Likes

Butter Wookie is a freebie over at HeadieGardens right now.

All packs are $40, you just need to add them to your cart to see the price update.

12 Likes

Anyone not yet vote in my poll? Thereā€™s still time to choose which Ghash-sired Bodhi strain you want for a 2024 OG f2 seed-run.
Hollyweed is in the lead but the race isnā€™t over.

13 Likes

Another vote for the HPK cross. Haha

4 Likes

ha! i changed my vote from golden hashplant to hollyweed (initially i thought it was golden triangle not golden hashplant).

5 Likes

Out of likes.
@PatHealy the ā€œmarshmallow muscle melterā€ Hollyweed seems to appeal to folks.

I wish it was GT that oneā€™s hard to find. I think @supershitfuck grew it? Heard great things about it. Likely to find a few GT leaners in the Golden HP.

Thank you everyone for voting.

8 Likes

Anyone know what the pw is over at headiegardens?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™m so cool I still need to use the pw

Idk but I have a feeling the pw would be a great strain name ā€“ itā€™s a joke @BudWhisperer

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Skunk was ā€œpulling snippetsā€ from Bodhiā€™s posts, but maybe they were. I know that the Goji one is the same exact thing that he wrote in his description of it, about how he had worked with lots of OGā€™s over the years and how Nepali was similar to Tahoe and had a $20,000 buy-in and shit. Itā€™s literally word-for-word what youā€™d find if you looked on seedfinder or wherever for information about Goji. Skunk didnā€™t do anything creative (unless you consider copying-and-pasting ā€œcreativeā€ haha).

Have you ever read Skunk? They have a section called ā€œMILFsā€ (Marijuana Iā€™d Like to Find), which is where all of those Bodhi things were located. The overwhelming majority of those blurbs are just the online descriptions from various seed banks and breeders and shit in printed form. Or thatā€™s what it used to be, anyway.

Youā€™re not that much younger than me, dudeā€¦ haha! I just used to live right across the street from a newsstand and would walk over there every morning and grab a paper, shoot the shit with the owner for a few minutes while I perused the racks and buy any magazines that looked interesting to me. It was a ritual, just getting out into the ā€˜hood early and talking to the various business owners and neighborhood people while we were all starting our day. It was nice.

This was in 2011/12/13, btw. We had the internet then haha!

Anyway, yeah, Iā€™ll maybe look at those magazines at some point soon. I have a shit-ton of them.

14 Likes

GT ? golden triangle or something? i cant recall writing gt on any labels

6 Likes

Yes, i thought you grew this a while ago and liked it. Maybe was another person.

Headiegardens has 13 packs of Red Eye Jedi in case anyone is looking.

8 Likes

great soundā€¦love itā€¦

6 Likes

I grew one Golden Hashplant a few years ago as a tester and it was phenomenal; very good high and some of the better-tasting weed Iā€™ve ever grown, super-complex and appealing flavors. It smelled like wet basement carpet, but it tasted unbelievably good. And the longer it cured, the more interesting and, like,ā€Whoaā€¦ I didnā€™t notice that flavor the last time I blazed thisā€¦ā€ it became. All kinds of stuff going on.

If I was voting in your poll of which cross to f2, Iā€™d vote for the Golden Hashplant. Why f2 that Hollyweed? Itā€™s not like thereā€™s a shortage of Hollywood Pure Kush hybrids out there. Considering the genetics, f2ā€™s of the Golden Hashplant would probably produce much more interesting plants than f2ā€™s of the Hollywood x 88G13HP.

27 Likes

True but there really is no shortage of most of the 88g13hp crosses either. Would make F2s more based on personal preferences and what I like rather than rarity of the mother with the 88g13hp hybrids. That involves growing them out first and finding mothers of course though.

The Triple Sunshines are really starting to smell good. Packing on the frost, gnats & dog hair.

Triple Sunshine C

Triple Sunshine A

48 Likes

Really cool colors. Deep hues.

7 Likes