Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

First of all, going through a separation and CANT grow at the moment.

Secondly, acquiring a plot of land nearby to grow outdoors this year. Currently it’s winter.

Since the start of this no grow bs with my wife, I didn’t have a single Bodhi strain. I came here for info, the inside scoop on strains, the hype.

Now I have over 50 packs in 2 months.

I’d say I’m here to support Bodhi.

10 Likes

Those were the main reason I did the order. Those are keepers here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Isn’t this the Bodhi Seed and Strain Discussion thread though? I thought the grow reports go in the Bodhi Plant Guide?

8 Likes

Angry fella eh.

I have other grows, just not under the Bodhi banner. Need some pics to bring the fury down?

Lmao!

2 Likes

So, I dont mean to interrupt whats going on above,lol. I do have a question though.
When I just want to post pics of Bodhi plants I’m growing or have grown, do I post them in this thread or the
Bodhi plant guide one? :peace_symbol:

10 Likes

The plant guide I’m pretty sure. Wouldn’t want to interrupt all of this haha.

14 Likes

Being an old Breedbay member, Ive had a few handles over the years and hopped among most of the forums… I’ve only been an Overgrow member for a few months… but stopped posting “Grow Logs” over a decade ago… I mean I get why some people like doing them but to me it’s kinda like a diary type thing. To me its not worth the effort, but I also work 60+ hour weeks and don’t have that kind of time. I just take shots in flower and post most of them on IG if anywhere. I don’t understand why someone needs a grow log to gain any kind of respect or politeness on the forums. Respect should be given to all and we should all.

I try myself to follow the golden rule… I mean here is a bunch of Bodhi fanatics… what would Bodhi himself think if he saw few posts demonstrating rudeness, name calling, shaming of others? I think Bodhi wouldn’t probably post amongst anyone with an elitist douchebag attitude, calling out others for petty things and acting straight up rude. I’ve seen many of B’s posts over the years… he emulates kindness and love in anything he does… you’d think his supporters would try to show some of that same spirit in anything that they do… well I think most folks here do… To those who can’t or have the inherent need to act in the interest of hate and feel the need to try to ruin another member’s day… I feel sorry for you.

28 Likes

Not sure if there is interest but, I’ve got a very small amount of feminized Frankenstein pollen. If not familiar, Frankenstein was made by our one and only @JohnnyPotseed
I’m wondering if anyone is wanting to make a few seeds from a bodhi strain they are growing now, I would prefer it be something not available anymore. I don’t need a lot of seeds back 20 would be more than enough. Let me know if anyone is interested.

11 Likes

I for one am not bored by peoples’ reportage on their seed buying/trading/procuring/hoarding/reproducing adventures, and while I definitely enjoy a good grow report, I also enjoy impressionistic reports and speculation about what crosses might be good, or whatever. Pretty much whatever that’s Bodhi related is good in my book.

Also it’s about time I own up the fact that I am way too disorganized to produce a good grow journal/report. I try, but I fail.

16 Likes

As JP has said, the frankenstein dominates in hybrid outcrosses, so the offspring would lean heavily to the frankenstein side.

Based on my experience crossing dominant landrace males to bodhi lines, he tends to select more for unique recessive expressions than extreme genetic dominance, and has even discontinued lines for that reason.

he discontinued all his lines made with the deadly-g male because it was too dominant. the offspring came out too similar to the father line, and became homogenous in f2.

Depending on the bodhi line used, I think this is the kind of outcome you would be likely to see.

A few of my (bodhi) x landrace hybrids have turned out amazing, but others have come out producing plants that were indistinguishable from the pure landrace father line.

I think it will be easy to produce a nice hybrid that leans strongly toward the frankenstein, but a balanced hybrid expression may not be the most likely outcome.

17 Likes

@Slammedsonoma420 you could talk to @MonsterDrank he’s got a pack of Nibiru which used the Deadly G hybrid that was retired for being too dominant, as per what @zephyr said. Nibiru was a vintage Sensi Star cut to the 88G13HP Deadly G dad that I think was only ever pre-released.

14 Likes

I hope everyone has some nice homegrown herb to consume tonight.

15 Likes

i dont wanna interrupt but… i just grew my first wookie cross (terpenado) and found a gassy burnt/tire pheno that is really nice. lowers your IQ by like 50 points… is this something found across the wookies in general?

20 Likes

Naw you can still post your shit here. I vote Mountain Temple to f2. That’s getting old

6 Likes

@Weednerd.Anthony your going to make me try and keep up with another thread! Off searching
I’ll second mountain temple f2!

I’m not trying to discourage anyone from growing and making F2’s, apologies if I came off that way. I’m just pointing out, that it’s kind of a mental masturbation to post plans about making F2s, instead of just actually doing it and then coming here with the seeds to trade, or give away, or whatever you see fit. We can all speculate and have grand plans of doing things, I suppose it’s hopeful to express those thoughts to others, but until you actually have grown the plants and made the seeds… they’re all just your own thoughts. Which are fine to post up wherever you want, I’m just giving you my perspective. Plus, seed runs can fail and you never know what is gonna happen, but, fuck, you’ll never know until you grow them and find out. Looking forward to seeing more people attempt it though, and I hope you’re successful.

10 Likes

i’m out of likes.

3 Likes

Damn… I’ve got Bodhi hanging out with Frusciante in my head now. I haven’t ever seen the two of them in the same place at once…

2 Likes

Back to actual Bodhi shit!

My cross of Funeral Cake x Blue Sunshine. Still youngins. Hunting a male to hit to some SSDD clones

14 Likes

The metalhead in me really wishes Bodhi crossed Deathstar to his SSDD male and called it Sunshine Deathdream

8 Likes