Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

So anyone haveany insights on the new lemonade dad?

4 Likes

Doing some root-bound - small pot OG x 88g13hp tests that may or may not make it to the finish line.

Day 29 of flower and the Devil’s HP (Diablo OG) are showing the most early frost. Everything is uniform in height except one Spirit HP (Ghost OG) which is much stretchier and slower to develop flowers.

Stretchy Spirit HP

A Redeye Jedi shot

One of the frostier Devil’s HPs

48 Likes

is that from your original red eye run (ie a clone) or did you start a new pack? interesting to see one of the SP stretched! i dont remember any of mine stretching more than the others (ill have to revisit my notes).

6 Likes

I started a few REJ , Spirit HP , Secret Chief & Devil’s HP. I sadly never had a clone of the original REJ as the reveg failed. No clones this round either haha.

18 Likes

That Devils Hashplant and Secret Chief are powerful and capable of leashing you to the couch!
Enjoy your fantastic voyage!

12 Likes

Jist did an order with GLG since Bodhi is 45/pack and 3-for-2 freebies.

Congo Kashmir x Lavender Lemonade
Chem D x Wookie15

DLA 11
Master of Muppets
Babylon Buster
Hollyweed V2

After going fullbore with sativas, and LSD, for so long, Im ready to settle down with a comfy stone.

I was thinking of finding males from the above and reach out for pre98 Bubba, Chem 91/1/3, Master Kush, Hindu, Royal Kush, along with other projects like GDP, Uzbeki, PCK.

25 Likes

Babylon Buster has always been a powerful and very active high, especially with G13HP for a parent. Stronger than Dread Bread.

24 Likes

Ya I grew out a some Devil’s HP in 2020 and 2021 and the one I found in 2021 was pretty nice. When vaporized the entire area smelled like a catholic church. Nice mellow trance inducing effects, but not insanely powerful or anything. Still one of if not my favorite phenos from an 88g13hp cross I’ve found so far.

Haven’t tried Secret Chief yet, really liked SunRa though so I’m hopeful! My only Secret Chief female I ended up with doesn’t look great but we’ll see how it turns out. Hard to capture in picture but the leaves are getting that lime green look and appears a bit deficient in person.

31 Likes

good strains but very very good pics dude.

very nice indeed …

11 Likes

Has to be an iphone.

1 Like

pretty sure he uses a real camera :thinking:

11 Likes

And focus stacking (multiple pics are taken of the same subject but with different points of focus that are “stacked” into a single image using editing software). I ought to delve into that…

8 Likes

None of the pictures I post here are focus stacked. Mainly because I am in a tight space where using a tripod (necessary for stacking) is very awkward / impossible.

17 Likes

that sounds lovely. I love a good ass sitter or even a nap inducer.

3 Likes

Well, you get amazing exposures with whatever process you’re using! Your pics inspire me to put more effort into my photography - like using my DSLR instead of my phone.

6 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. Just using a Nikon Z5 w/ a Speed-light. Sometimes remote flash, sometimes I just leave it on top of the remote shoe like this :

Would love to get into focus stacking with this camera, maybe will try it out on some dried flowers next harvest. The shots IAY posts where he utilizes focus stacking have very nice depth of field to them.

33 Likes

Baba Kush

Disclaimer I grew this out severely rootbound. Just wanted to see what the terpenes are like on this one really. Could be grown much better as you can see in the picture with all the necrotic yellow leaves. Would definitely grow again if I had the chance. I’m sure it would be even better if grown properly.

Very similar to Triple Sunshine A, only where TripSun is alert and focused this is more calming and sedating. Both are extremely comfortable and have a highly attractive aroma, but the Baba Kush is a bit stronger smelling & tasting. Triple Sunshine has a much better calyx to leaf ratio with generally more desirable bud structure and Baba Kush has tighter leafy flowers. Both are highly resinous and mildly sticky. It’s weird because I don’t remember the plant smelling that much in the tent, but it is by far the stinkiest dry flowers from last round.

Kinda bummed I tossed the cutting I had of it but I’m sure something good could be found again…

Smell has transformed over time. It was very appealing before, and still is.

Initially it was very sharp penetrating fuel, rubber, mint & lime.
After a few weeks it is now very smooth and does not have a fuel odor, it’s more of a butterscotch-rubber lime minty. Smells a lot like one of my favorite SSDD F1s. Not sure if the smell is coming from the bubba or SSDD since SSDD has bubba kush in it.

Medium-High to High potency
High to Very High odor level
Hashy rubber citrus taste
1.5 Hour duration
Extreme comfort, calm, warm blanket & thought provoking stone.

If you have any would highly recommend popping them… F2 them while you’re at it too!

43 Likes

Something to keep in mind is that Appalachia is in there and a trait of the appalachia is that the leaves yellow and fall off early. Usually by the time I harvest most appalachia crosses, they dont have many leaves.

9 Likes

How long did she flower for you? That high sounds right up my alley

1 Like

So, just across the board, that’s the determination you’ve made? That all Appalachia crosses’ leaves yellow early and fall off? I never had that issue with some of the Appy crosses that I’ve grown. The only one I did was The Fuzz and that was because I vegged them for 90+ days in three-gallon pots. Have you considered the possibility that maybe it has something to do with the way you grow? Or maybe it was just those particular plants?

Making a blanket statement like,”All Appalachia crosses lose their leaves early,” seems pretty bold to me.

11 Likes