Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Here I am thinking that only 1 strain was collected from Annapurna forest

6 Likes

Hmmā€¦ no description for Lower Ulleri. Found a few posts about it on here but nothing about the finished flower.

6 Likes

There wasnā€™t any info posted on that one anywhere on Breedbay. The Upper Ulleri plant had a descriptionā€¦ B said skunky, catpissā€¦ wellā€¦ u see it all posted aboveā€¦ there was a guy who grew the seeds from Lower Ulleri who said he was surprised to get chem smells but he never posted any follow-up that I could find.

6 Likes

Most of this stuff doesnā€™t do well outside of its climate and thatā€™s why hardly any of these collection strains ever get released. Same thing with his India trip. Iā€™m glad that he is trying to incorporate some of them into modern cannabis.

Neireka that ive seenā€¦

Kandahar Black + petrolia headstash
Kashmir Azad + Petrolia headstash
Lower Uller Annapurna Nepal + Petrolia Headstash
Mexican Death Sativa + Herbaria Bushmans F2
Upper Chuile Annapurna Nepal + acapulco gold
oaxacan zipolite + acapulco gold
pakistani peshawar + Acapulco gold

9 Likes

There was also Yunnan Cangshan Mountain Sativa, not sure what if anything was attached.

5 Likes

Only pack I have is Herbaria Bushmanā€™s F2, no cross

6 Likes

So I was hoping someone could break down the difference between Bodhiā€™s old Appalachian Super Skunk and American Skunk Selection. The names are curiously similar. Are they just two different crosses with the same acronym? Thank you

4 Likes

This. They are totally separate linesā€™ with similar acronyms.

Appalachian Super Skunk, what I like to call Massalachia = Massachusettsā€™s Super Skunk x Appalachia(Green Crack x ChemD BX3)

American Skunk Selection = Hippy Slayer x (Hells Angels OG x ā€œRKSā€)
Hippy Slayer = Dirty Hippy aka Snow Lotusā€™ Sister x ā€œRKSā€

16 Likes

Oh man, that makes everything fall into place. Now I see why everyone wants it. Iā€™ve been out of growing for a couple years.

3 Likes

never seen Appalachian Super Skunk called ASS until the ASS cut was released and the people that were calling it that also happened to be selling seeds with Appy Super Skunk as part of the lineage :thinking: :thinking:

13 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of ass.

4 Likes

This guy?

From his other post at the top of that page:

ā€œGrown in the greenhouse last year, these crazy sativas were all flowered out and most seeded up with some Maruf Kandahar Black (from ILE) pollen:

• Acapulco Gold (Nierika)
  • Lower Ulleri Annapurna Nepali (Nierika)
  • Upper Chuile Annapurna Nepali (Nierika)
  • Oldtimerā€™s Haze (Ace)
  • Eastern Manipur-Burma (ILE)ā€

Or the dude here?

9 Likes

I messaged the first guy on IC-M

3 Likes

Yeah talk about some fire landrace chucking whew boy. That sativa selection is A+ and KB makes a very interesting Dad from what Iā€™ve seen of it in other peoples grows, it looks super dominant and inbred

3 Likes

Acapulco Gold!

8 Likes

the cangshan is a cool line. very late finishing outdoor sativa, but itā€™s doable if you can tough it out until around thanksgiving. high in cbd and trace cannabinoids, very medicinal for muscle spasms and cramps. cerebral sativa with a medicinal effect on the body. the buds are loose, with tiny tiny calyxes. I mainly use it for my rick simpson oil.

very rustic and unrefined. the tallest ganja plants Iā€™ve ever seen.
it was not easy to germ, there was a steep learning curve to care for them so it wasnā€™t an easy grow the first time around, and it was tough to produce ripe seeds before winter.

I hope bodhi will release more of these rough around the edges landraces. itā€™s worth it for the diversity of the genepool, the potential to find unique medicinal qualities, and they have the potential to be good fits for certain climates where conventional hybrids donā€™t perform well outdoor. I learned a lot from this plant.

13 Likes

I agree! I had a really good and educational experience growing a reproduced heirloom collection from India, the Colorado Sativas/Old World Organics Malana Village sativa hashplant, which was collected in 2014. It wasnā€™t as rustic as the Cangshan looked in your grows, and was an easy grow with two fairly consistent phenos between two plants. But the overall package was very rustic and sparse grown organically, while also being appealing in terms of vigor, structure and resistance, and beauty honestly. The second OD Malana was grown in a 5g pot with a ton of Jacks and other liquid amendments I use indoors, and the buds are much denser, it wasnā€™t as pretty of an airy sativa structure but still didnā€™t get any mold or bugs even in the cool wet alley I grew it in. Pretty interesting seeing how an heirloom reproduced organically responded to salts plus bennies, I still have to compare the smoke between them.

These two plants will probably yield the same dry trimmed weight, is my guess after seeing them dried and binned together:

6 Likes

thatā€™s definitely true.

in china cannabis is actually grown as an ornamental in some regions. I found a really interesting article a while back documenting a tradition of growing male cannabis plants in front of entrances to restaurants in a city in northern china.

it also had photos of an international botanical expo in the US (from the late 90s I think) the chinese installation actually had vegetative cannabis plants growing at the edges of a small pond or water feature. the article also described enormous flowering male cannabis plants inside of an enclosed butterfly apiary.

it sounded like those plants were more hemp like, but it still would have been a big surprise to see that planted on display at a botanical expo in new york in the late 90s.

the articles were linked in a cangshan grow log on rollitup a few years ago.

Thatā€™s something that Iā€™ve been wondering about too. The cangshan was verry sensitive I think that one might be tough to grow with salt based nutrients.

some cultivated landraces are traditionally planted in manure or very hot compost, and may be well adapted to handle generous applications of nutes.

10 Likes

You know, thatā€™s a really good point! Heirlooms could very well be used to manures or rich soil, and I guess the knowledge of using mineral, animal, compost and fire char-based fertilizers is extremely ancient, so thereā€™s that too. Like a landrace heirloom from a terra preta area would respond way differently than one from a sandy glacier retreat mountainside

7 Likes

Havent seen this in awhile but it is at GLG now.

8 Likes