Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Oaxacan x Angel Wing Afghan. Lots of sweet and sour smells on the stemrubs and some variation on the structure.

34 Likes

For people on IG, Radio Ridge Nursery has a few photos up of the Shiskaberry/Old Widow x G13HP.

11 Likes

SSDD testers list was pretty short in 2020: the PNW HP x SSDD was released as a freebie.

sunshine daydream:

pnw hp

cherry o

axis x snow lotus

columbian red x fat cherry afghani

12 Likes

F2’s of this cross would be pretty epic. Bodhi’s personal selection of his goji og and ssdd would be a fun treasure chest to open up and have access to. I have been thinking about doing something with this cross since I have so many seeds of it.

I really want to do a large crowd sourced pheno hunt where a group of growers each grows out some females and picks the winner of their individual group. Then those 1st round group winners are all grown out and an ultimate winner is picked after a couple of rounds of elimination. We could end up with an “OG Forum Cut” that could get shared out.

Does anyone know if the goji og (b cut) x SSDD ever got an official name from Bodhi?

26 Likes

We could do an ssdd forum cut since a few of us have keepers already :yum:

Also, found this

23 Likes

I also happen to have 11 packs of SSDD f1’s in the vault if we wanted to really get buck wild and find a crazy keeper.

31 Likes

this is something i would be highly interested in participating whether with the goji/ssdd or the ssdd F2s produced, or with anything that we decide to. its more the process that sounds worth doing.

Ive had issues receiving mail lately, but i could prob have worked out with someone else and pay my own private shippng etc. but if this gets traction, im down.

21 Likes

Yeah, keep me in mind for that project too.
If it happens soon I wouldn’t feel super comfortable, but I’m planning a Bodhi co-op run in 5 or so months, so once I have one under my belt, I’d feel confident in participating!

12 Likes

I asked Shoe from Headie Gardens about the goji og (b cut) x ssdd and if it ever had an official name. Here is his response:

“I only remember it going out as an unnamed freebie pack. Goji x Appalachia was amazing and the samples I got of the Goji B cut x SsDd were awesome too. Raspberry Sharpie Marker with Kush/Fuel/Blueberry notes and a background of sweet creme”

So…anyone up for some pheno hunting???

25 Likes

This should be fun to watch! Best of luck to all that go on the hunt!

4 Likes

Seems to be the best place to ask …
Does someone have information about MindFulness variety from Bodhi (Genius Thai X 8 G13-Hashplant)?
I found it available in one of the proven stores and I hesitate because there is very little information about it …

10 Likes

Genius thai is very well regarded! Lemon thai x apollo - relaxed cruisin daytime high. Smart move is the genius thai x omg and has a lot of good reports. Id imagine the HP dad will do well too.

15 Likes

The legend!
Goji x ssdd reminds me of some sorta wwe clash of titans thing. Two bodhi legends go at it, who will emerge in the end??

14 Likes

11 packs would be the way to go. I’ve been through more than 3 and didn’t find what I was searching for. Hoping its in the F2’s where I already found my keeper.

Found this while doing some more research lately.

Kushy Blueberry Muffins :yum:
He’s talking about his Bubbashine keeper but that’s exactly what my SSDD F2 #1 girl smells like. With the Sour Butter from the Appalachia coming in up front.

Looking at this own Strain Description Template for the SSDD line

Describe each phenotype expression:

70% hybrid pheno, bubbashine smell with bigger buds, nervous system harmonizer…

20% appalachia pheno, tangy chemy buds with dulling warm blanket high…

10% bubba/blue moonshine pheno tighter kushy nuggy dreamy pheno

Odour Description:

blueberry butter kush muffins, sour stone fruits, maraschino cherries, chemy tones, and light essence of the d funk

Blueberry butter kush muffins. That’s what I search for in the SSDD’s.

There’s sooo many sour stone fruits, cherries, chem/skunk/incense tones…

raspberries soaked in gas (That was the F2 #2 I just ran out… was mids) I don’t want any of that. Give me the Sour Butter + Blueberry Kush Muffins.

Basically, if you find a SSDD and it’s not buttered kushy blueberrry muffins, it’s not the right one.

32 Likes

In that first pic, who is the person that called it “Bubbe Blue”? Any info on that Tex cut?

5 Likes

Somebody called ‘Texas Kid’ :man_shrugging:
here’s the two posts before that first pic

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/post-571373

18 Likes

anything x appalachia is going to be amazing.

7 Likes

That quote is interesting to me because I feel like there was a lot of confusion being generated by the various forums of people saying it smells like hot butter and nothing else. Buttery blueberry muffins is a completely different smell than straight butter haha… Great quotes you dug up there, thanks!

19 Likes

Texas Kid used to be on the farm, as well as other furums a lot back in the day. I am pretty sure that he is still on IG. If memory serves (it varies from time to time whether it does haha), he was doing his thing legally in CO after he left Texas, so connecting all of the dots, the “Tex” cut could be a cut of Bubbashine that was found by Texas Kid in Colorado?? Disclaimer: This is an assumption and not a fact. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

19 Likes

Oh yeah I hear ya on that. It’s because there’s a pheno in the F1’s that IS pure sour butter and nothing else. Maybe light berries on the backend. I found it while running through those F1 packs,

it was pretty good but only half of what I want. Half of what Bodhi talks about.

Still need the blueberry kush muffins imo. There’s another pheno that is sour berries and buttery funk but I don’t like that either :sweat_smile:

19 Likes