Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

And here’s the 2016 tester list that must be all the ones from the second Dad, quite a few here:

12 Likes

sure, heres a lil preview. i have roughed them up a bit… temperatures in the tent have been wild and things got a bit out of control during veg so by flower time they were hitting the lights.

but all in all, things dont look too bad, they were the first plants in the tent to start fading.

these are the lemon/citric (very similar to my smart moves)

and this is the lemon/sweeter (there is some sort of berryish/candy note to this) this one was also a bit shorter, but not by much.

34 Likes

Are those growing now, or did you grow those before?

6 Likes

the smart moves i already grew, they were two very similar short fat plants with lots of citric/spearmint on them. i used to keep a cut, but it was too leafy so i decided to let it go.

(the silver sunshines are growing right now and will get chopped in 5 days i think)

8 Likes

I have 10 packs of the goji og (b cut) x SSDD that I got as freebies. Never saw anyone grow them out or really any chatter about the cross in general. I always thought it strange considering they are the 2 flagship Bodhi crosses combined would have figured people would be stoked to hunt through them. Maybe I got all the packs in existence hahahahah.

mendo purps x SSDD yes please!

29 Likes

This is obviously a self (and OG) serving question @the_lazy_hippie , but have you considered posting in the breeder match-up thread to have somebody do a repro with 1 or 2 of those packs? The F2 generation would be insane!

11 Likes

For everyone wondering about Wookie now that that dad is out:

13 Likes

anyone grow lavender daydream from big buddy? its SSDD x lemon larry lavender

10 Likes

I started Silver Sunshine a few weeks ago (10 seedlings now) and finishing up Pinball Wizzard in flower right now. The PW also has that lemon / citric smell which is from the SSH mom in these crosses. I was VERY excited when I noticed that because the Haze must shine through in these crosses, thats really cool. The PW also looks very Sativa like in bud structure and takes a long time to finish, thinking 70 days +

9 Likes

Btw, we know its Mr Nice SSH that he used for the crosses, right? Maybe I read one more cut/source, I cannot remember.

But does anyone know if that is the same like the SSH that won the 3 cannabis cups in a row back in the 90s? I know cups dont matter that much anymore, but I had lots of SSH from the Netherlands, which was always the bomb

9 Likes

I want to say that the mrnice ssh was an f3 bodhi selected.
He did use oldsog’s ssh F1 cut in a few things but those were explicitly stated as such.

13 Likes

@icky_sticky_og_nicky i have grown out a couple, it was a hit or miss run. I really liked them. It was interesting profile some people I shared with were not fans. Had a decent incense type smell and taste.

5 Likes

Everyone think it’s okay to share the testing lists for Wookie and SSDD now that the dads are gone? I have a list from 2020.

14 Likes

In that podcast interview he did back in 2017, he talks about making Temple v2 because the original Temple had an SSH cut which was suspect.

10 Likes

Couple of us have grown PW. The lemon might come out very strong and close to an all organic lemon kitchen cleaner almost. Have I asked for a plant pic? There’s more I need to pop and see what come’s out. So far the one I sent to flower ended up very large marble sized (not even golfball though) nugs all over. Tons of bud points. Thought I had it tamed and it bushed out crazy style at stretch. People have said there’s a sweeter lemon in there that leans away from the lemon cleaner.

Yea the lemon is def from the Mr. Nice silver haze he used. It’s almost too lemony. The Super Silver Hashplant I sent 2 to flower. One of them was spears, super dense nugs, lemon silver haze fast flower. Other one was more hashplant structure and after cure it’s all gas and lemon. Did not keep that one so I’m going back into the pack to find it. Going to keep the spear and hybrid.

Edit: I think you’re right on it being THE silver haze. But pretty sure bodhi popped it from seeds? Don’t think it’s some kinda “cut only”.

11 Likes

Wookie testing list 2020:

wookie 15 :

master kush

peach rom

roc

bubbashine x ik

80’s black afghan x A1

chem d x purple unicorn

irene

gmo

chem d

iraq ranya

mana

monkey paw

topanga

yager

ass

dragonsoul

congo black

22 Likes

i thought temple v2 was made because he had lost the williams wonder or the ssh he used to make it, but not because it was sus - or what do you mean by suspect?

i have two temple v1 flowering right now - very similar scents to the silver sunshine (one looks very hazy-ish.

6 Likes

It may have been the williams wonder but one of them he questioned the legitimacy of.

It was in this but i dont have time to watch the whole thing right now.

6 Likes

oh i tried to watch that podcast once, but i think bodhi talks like a total of 2 min and the other jackass (dunn ?) talks for like two hours. ill look thru it again just out of curiosity, thanks!

btw bodhi looks so dif compared to the berner photos.

10 Likes

I did find these

21 Likes