Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Yes, and that seems to be that case with a number of varietals on my bucket list.

You have to be in the right circles.

But that’s a tall order for those living deep inside prohibition territory.

6 Likes

Kush 4 is like an “above the circles” kinda cut lol it was given to Bodhi probably by Jim Ortega himself and he shared it with CSI that’s about it.

18 Likes

I grew out some DLA9. Got 4 ladies. Couldn’t tell you which parent they took after. Not the most potent stuff in the world, but its a really pleasant smoke. It’s definently heavily indica, but I can still get stuff done and focus with it, especially via flower vape.

13 Likes

i believe i have some of those or another k4 cross from B stashed up, and some K4 x GSC from csi. haven’t gotten into either yet. was hoping he would do kush4 x hp13

12 Likes

Send an email and give him a nudge in the direction :grin:

4 Likes

I loved the 3 k4 x ssdd females that I had. One appeared to be a k4 leaner with the blue-ish tint to it. I also have a full pack of K4 x SL if anyone in the states wants them to make F2s/OP.

Here’s another quote from B that nube posted from breedbay about the k4

breedbay link : https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/page-979#post-778238

17 Likes

That sounds exactly like the stuff I’m looking for.

I’m really not into the burnt rubber, dead animal, garlic, bo, type profiles.

I’m after the og, kushy, perfumy, acrid, floral, sweet, skunky aromas and flavors.

Thanks syzygy for another valuable piece of info.

6 Likes

Here are a few DLA 9 photos. Maybe an educated eye can say whether these look more 88g13hp or Kush 4

@Kyumonryu shared a pack of his Kush 4 x SSDD f2 that I am eager to get to aswell! I hope the Kush 4 cut is tightly held by a decent sized group of people. Considering that it was almost lost to history once, it would be tragic to lose it for good.

42 Likes

That’s looks fabulous either which way it leans.

3 Likes

I was always tempted to buy that before I got my k4 freebies, cool to see it grown out! Looks great.

Here’s my K4 x SSDD that had a blue-ish tint to it. All were mellow relaxing stones and not overly powerful, but very enjoyable.

42 Likes

Thats gorgeous :heart_eyes:

My only regret is not taking clones. I popped the pack to test peat starters after an expensive total germination failure in rockwool, and brought them to flower before I realized what I was dealing with. Tried to take clones in flower for the first time and it just didn’t take… Learned a few dozen lessons from that whole experience.

15 Likes

Fuck man, I had no idea Kush4 was that pretty :open_mouth:

I shouldn’t have slept on those DLA packs

7 Likes

That’s literally all the info there is on that Kush4 cut. Ive checked.

There’s talk tho that the same Kush4 cut Jim Ortega came back to the scene with and sold for, no joke, $20,000.00. same one he gave Bodhi, is NOT the same cut he gave to Nevil, but a new one.

Sadly, very few heads ever saw the original to know any better.

17 Likes

That’s a lot of different flavors… haha.

Just fucking with you. I will say that a LOT of the 88G13HP hybrids I’ve grown have ended up tasting very perfume-y/floral, kinda just depends on what that male was crossed with. Growing some of the OG hybrids would probably help you find that sorta stuff. I think it also depends on your grow medium; I’ve always chalked up those perfume-y/floral flavors to my soil mix, seems like a lot of stuff I grow ends up tasting like that to varying degrees, no matter the genetics.

Don’t worry about the way the flowers smell, either while they’re growing or after they’re dried and cured, too. Very rarely have any of the 88G hybrids I’ve grown tasted the way they smelled. The Golden Hashplant is a really good example of that. Those jars smelled like a dirty, wet carpet that’d been sitting in a dark basement for years, but the flowers were some of the best-tasting weed I’ve ever blazed, super-complex and delicious.

21 Likes

just wanted to add,
the maple leaf currently sold by sensi seeds is nothing like the old maple leaf they had until around 2000. So don’t bother looking for anything like the kush 4 or the above description in new packs of maple leaf from sensi or other dutch breeders.

12 Likes

I love flavor, what can I say? Lol
Not necessarily all that in one plant though.

Kushes and OGs are my favorites for sure.

I have quite a few 88hp crosses to try like Secret Chief, Blueberry Hashplant and DLA 13 & 14…
Really looking forward to those.

Currently I’m running Bodhi’s Kali Mist x Everything freebies.
Out of 13 seeds, I got 2 females and I’ve chosen 1 male to make F2s.

14 Likes

Sounds like me! We must be using the same nute regimen!

I’m kidding again, I don’t have a nute regimen, but I do always end up with way more males than I’d like.

Secret Chief is the SFV x Wookie, right? I dunno if I’d expect to find that perfume-y/floral stuff in that cross, just because of the Wookie male (and also because of the SFV haha), nor would I expect to find that in the BBHP. And I dunno what the genetics of those DLA crosses are, so…

Log it. I sooooo wanna see how that Kali Mist cross turns out for everybody.

11 Likes

I don’t usually have that bad of a M/F ratio. But this pack of seeds was a nanner party for sure.

The SFV x Wookie is Sun Ra. I have a pack of that too to work in one day.

You know. I think I will log it on here. Thanks for suggesting.

10 Likes

Secret Chief is SFV OG x 88G13HP

8 Likes

Had the same #s on the last bodhi pk I popped “cinnamon toast x 88g13hp” popped 13 ended up with 2 females, 1 of which I kept to pollinate.

8 Likes