Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Great shots, as always my dude! I like the fall colors :slight_smile:

Seeing your SSDD crosses made me want to pop my some of my own, I’ve been missing SSDD in my life.

Cool info. Just popped a pack of Baba Kush ( Katsu Bubba x SSDD ) to hunt through and make some F2s/chucks… 11 outta 12 above soil so far. Let’s go!

12 Likes

That should be a great one! Would think medical/pain relief in there for sure and maybe some interesting flavors. I found a bubba leaner in the SSDD F1’s that came out like chocolate hash but I didn’t keep it.

10 Likes

Thanks! Yeah from what I’ve read about this lens people seem to like the bokeh.

Yeah I’m definitely impressed with the SSDD dad so far. Personally I’d rather have a dad leaning SSDD cross than a dad leaning 88g13HP cross.

Interesting info for sure. The rubber smell that I’m thinking of was in all the SSDD crosses that I’ve tried including the F1. That said I agree it could come from the k4 still as there’s probably a lot of overlap in smell and effects with this cross.

Assuming we’ve read the same posts but just wanted to echo that this is what I’ve read as well.

Thanks! Yeah it’s definitely fun to change it up because the same backgrounds can get boring. Also as someone who’s holding a pack of Baba Kush I’m very interested to see what you end up with. The cross sounds great for sure especially as an F2 candidate.

12 Likes

So you think the Kush 4 is the parent to TK? I’ve never heard that take before. Not saying you’re wrong by any means lol it’s just that just about every Og / Kush cuts provenance is so convoluted. And everyone in the TK circle says TK came from bagseed of unknown parents. But who knows really huh? :pray:

10 Likes

Idk about mother exactly, but I think it’s in the lineage. All OGs including TK, might stem from just Nevil’s NL2 x Kush4, or Nevil’s Hindu which had Kush4 in it. I think the most talked about one for TK is trinity x Hindu, and no one knows what trinity is exactly, but I’d bet it’s at least part NL2.

12 Likes

Blue is something the Kush 4 was known for, but not tennis ball or rubber smells afaik. Who knows? Here’s bodhi’s quote from Breedbay about the Kush 4:

When I tested bodhi’s Kush 4 x OMG, I didn’t get any rubber or new shoes smells. Definitely did get some lemon lime and cologney OG / piney sweet kush scents tho. It bore no resemblance to the TK crosses I’ve smoked, but who can say for certain.

One thing IS for certain - this plant will surprise you! Just when you think you’ve created the ultimate, you’ll get something completely out of left field. I love how wild and wily it is!

14 Likes

Only catch with that is, the only two people in the world who actually know what the real Kush4 is, is Jim Ortega and Nevil. There was rumor that the Kush4 cut Jim sold for $20,000, and is the one floating around that bodhi used, is actually a pure kush or suge kush and not the real Kush4 that Nevil got in the 80s.

10 Likes

Yeah I’m no SSDD authority by any means but all of my F1s (with the exception of what I’m calling the bubbashine pheno) had a rubbery smell to them. The best smelling one was a coffee shoe factory smelling rubber that was more unique than the others. All 3 of the K4xSSDD had similar rubbery smells to the common SSDD F1 smells that I experienced. I also remember the GG4xSSDD having the smell and to an extent the Sunshine Queen does as well (with some added fuel/gassy smell).

I’m going to be trying the “BubbaShine” pheno again at some point, but that was more coffee , hashy, blueberry muffin smelling without any rubber.

11 Likes

You’re absolutely right @HolyAngel that’s entirely possible. I think bodhi was in contact with Nevil before he died. That tester did not remind me of the odd pointy calyx/crown-like clusters of suge that look like bubba on acid.

For some reason the suge cut turns me off…just something about it. Maybe that suge knight is just a terrible, evil person. Or maybe because it doesn’t seem to produce photogenic offspring. I’ve never actually smoked it by itself, but I have had it in Lando’s Stash F2. My dislike of that one could be due to the SL dad, which I’m not super fond of…

15 Likes

My #5 pheno of the ssdd bx is 100 percent that description has a slight sour butter smell coming through on the back end when broke open or ground was the smallest plant barley stretched real dense golf ball og looking buds but the most pain relieving qualities of the 4 and for sure more of a couch lock smoke comparatively to the other phenos still have to do up my smoke report on that one

11 Likes

So guess we’ve confirmed the rubber smell is for sure coming from the ssdd then. Im also not a fan of snow lotus.

@DesertHeartGardens glad you found her in there :wink:

7 Likes

First thoughts after trying the K4xSSDD. Has been curing for a little over 2 weeks.

Very relaxing, not to the point of being immobilizing or sedative though. Good generic cannabis taste and high odor level when vaporized @ 365F~. Mild strength and functional buzz. Similar to the effects on my bubbashine pheno without being as extreme or strong. I wouldn’t consider this highly-sedative or ultra dreamy like the bubbashine pheno but would classify it in the same general realm of effects. For me this would be one of the first jars to empty as I like mellow and medium-strength buds. My initial impression is that it’s enjoyable herb that I’d like to try again when I have time and space to F2/open pollinate.

16 Likes

appreciate the report on the K4ssdd! I remember reading bodhi post that the k4 was a lemon lime kush, so sounds like the ssdd dominated. Still sounds like a nice high! Was the flavor pretty strong? Ive considered trying my pack out at some point.

Ive done one blue sunshine to finish - seemed ssdd dom to me - super funky cheesy berry dank and definitely sedative but active mind. It does leave a strong smell in the air that may be a bit of the Bd haze.

9 Likes

I’d have to assume that is correct as well about the SSDD dominating. I personally have liked the few SSDD crosses that I’ve tried so far, so to me that’s not a bad thing. Haven’t been overwhelmed with strength or racing thoughts on any of them which is desirable to me. Also want to make sure it’s clear just because I’m saying nothing stands out about this as an outlier doesn’t mean that it’s bad, I’m just trying to avoid hyperbole that seems prevalent in cannabis reviews. Every strain can’t be the strongest in every category. This has the good common SSDD effects which I like a lot, is visually appealing and smells great. If and when I run it again I intend to F2 it.

There is definitely flavor there but I have had tastier strains before for sure. I’m horrible at describing tastes so I won’t really try but would note that there was nothing unusual about the taste or smell of the vapor. Leaves a strong smell in the air for sure though. I like it, but it doesn’t stand out as an outlier in any respect really. Just attractive and nice smelling buds with relaxing effects. If that’s what you like it may speak to you as well!

12 Likes

Good info! Sounds like it delivered!

6 Likes

Golden HP

Leans towards the spacey / stony spectrum of effects. Medium high potency. Unsurprisingly reminds me a lot of Black Triangle. Very sticky and good amount of smell to it. Stickier and a bit stronger smelling than the Black Triangle females that I saw in my pack. I prefer Devil’s HP at the moment but this is still an early impression. Little difference between the GT(?) and HP pheno when it comes to effects.

Sunshine Queen was fairly dreamy and not as relaxing as the K4xSSDD.

Currently K4xSSDD is the favorite but have yet to try Beautiful Day, which I plan on trying tomorrow.

22 Likes

Day 59 Goji f2

Thanks @ramblinrose

24 Likes

Looks nice and compact! Any smells developing yet?

8 Likes

Some scatterbrained thoughts that I wanted to post as a re-cap and thoughts about future possibilities.

After sampling for a while now I am gravitating to the SSDD or wookie15 crosses over the 88g13hp for what I’m currently seeking. Nothing at all against the 88g13hp male but I want to take a break from it for future tests I think. Currently have a few more going (Redeye Jedi, BB HP) and I already feel my interest fading a bit before flowering has begun. Sort of like if you’re looking for a specific song in a playlist just because you skipped over a song doesn’t mean it isn’t good or worthy, something else is just the focus at the moment. I have more 88g13hp crosses hoarded than any other bodhi male and want to keep exploring them in the distant future for sure.

In my mind I’m interested in either going in the direction of more SunRA + a F2 effort or K4xSSDD + an F2 effort, in addition to dusting the SSDD F1. Not a “breeding” or goal oriented project like some of the other very impressive SSDD efforts around here, I just like to have F2s of strains I like on hand. The only pollen I’ve chucked on that SSDD “Bubbashine pheno” has been Goji and I feel like that is a mistake.

With the recent Bodhi news my thoughts about the unlikelihood of him reproducing SunRa are reinforced. I love the clear and upbeat effects, vigor and ridiculously high odor of the SunRa in addition to wanting to find my lost “keeper” pheno again. This is in the back of my mind always as something I want to F2 but there is comfort in knowing @Greasy is starting his own SunRa project right now, which I’m really interested to see which phenos he finds. I’m looking for anything to give one strain the advantage over another and that to me pushes me towards the K4xSSDD.

I like everything that I have sampled from last round but for me the K4xSSDD is the clear favorite. Really love the comfortable and very long lasting effects. Also it tastes great with a good enough calyx to leaf ratio in order to make trimming tolerable. It has the wonderful dark “rubbery” SSDD smell that I miss and is very strong in aroma. The pack was a freebie and the dad is discontinued, which makes it an appealing choice for F2s and in-crossing(?) to the SSDD. It would be really cool to find a pheno as frosty as the Bubbashine pheno with the smell of the K4xSSDD rather than the blueberry muffin type terps.

28 Likes

Glad to hear the hunt was successful. Now, just imagine how your favorite might change if it was given more nutrition and space! :slight_smile:

The calm, feel good effects of the Kush 4 make it a really attractive specimen to look for in a cross. Your F2 option for mining and further refining makes a lot of sense. I’ll be following along!

:sunrise_over_mountains:

17 Likes