Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

22 Likes

Is it? Okay, then, my bad haha.

6 Likes

When I need to maximize the genetic diversity breeding with only one female, I keep the female isolated from the males. Otherwise many of the seeds will be from the earliest flowering male that pollinates first.

wait for all the males to go into full flower. then you could collect equal amounts pollen from all males and mix it together until its homogenized. Or introduce the female to the tent with all the males when they are all dropping pollen at the same time, and let it happen naturally.

This way you can get close to an equal ratio of seeds from each male in your offspring.

22 Likes

This is SunRa. I’ve got 5 f2 girls going, and they are beautiful! Got one of the coveted cedar terp phenos

14 Likes

I know you do, I’m following along haha. I just got shit mixed up. It happens…

6 Likes

Well everyone. Here’s my Kali Mist x everything grow log. Fell free to come along for the ride.

22 Likes

Lol, it’s not like Bodhi makes hundred of crosses using an insanely wide variety of parental genetics… why don’t you know all of the crosses by heart?!

Also:

Thank you. That’s actually super dope, and I appreciate you coming through my little corner

9 Likes

Thinking I might do this would give time for me to up pot and veg her out a bit larger for more seed as well wasn’t really planning on collecting pollen but with 6 males going thinking it would be smart :sweat_smile: might be able to share some pollen with others too if there’s interest appreciate the advice :pray:

6 Likes

That description of cedar is to me the most telling of OG Kush lineage.
To me, OG has always been cedar chips, hamster cage. Maybe thats what people were describing as fresh tennis balls smell.

7 Likes

I totally get that…. Maybe that’s why I can never find the tennis ball smell, it’s a mix between pine/cedar but the wood chips/hamster cage thing I also get ….

2 Likes

Eternal Sunshine, harvested at 11 weeks. This plant was a heavy producer. The flowers are dense with minimal leaf. Should be an easy trim once dried enough. Aromas varied throughout the grow from cherry chapstick, floral incense, and vanilla frosting early on. Toward the end the aroma changed to slight catpiss version of wrigley’s spearmint gum.

42 Likes

Looks great! Looking forward to hearing how it tokes. How was the stretch?

5 Likes

So, any thoughts on Oaxacan x Angel Hair Afghani vs. Oaxacan x 88g13hp? Not sure which one I want to work with, but I do want to run an Oaxacan cross and maybe make seeds. I’d like to find the nostalgia of brick weed :man_shrugging:t2: in a much better cultivated cross.

16 Likes

Secret Chief #2 day 21

Height at day 21: 18”
She stretched a total of 3.5”…20%. Genetics and cold temps I’m thinking.

Final top dressing and defoliation today. I’m hoping for nothing but bud from top to bottom since it’s so stout and tight.

38 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure out info on the oaxacan x ghash cross for awhile now. Nobody seems to know… I’m just going to assume it’s like any standard typical oaxacan landrace he used… either way I’ll definitely be popping some of those at some point.

10 Likes

Thanks, I can’t wait to try. Maybe today, an early sample is dry and ready :wink

The stretch wasn’t too bad. The lower screen was 3/4 full when the photoperiod was cut back. The flowered with 11.5 hours on. It was pretty much over by the third week. I am new to scrogging and it seems like that horizontal growth period during stretch keeps internodes tighter? I would have to do a side by side and I have too many seeds.

3 Likes

Selfishly, I’d say plant the 88G hybrid, because I have a pack of those and would like to see somebody grow them haha. I was planning on planting them ASAP when I traded for them, but I want to grow at least three females and the numbers with the current grow weren’t adding up, so I wont be planting any for at least, like, seven months.

But if what you’re looking for is a more sorta “vintage” Mexican-type strain, I’d say go with the Afghani cross.

Also, isn’t it Angel Wing? Not Angel Hair, right? Or am I getting shit confused again?

15 Likes

You are correct.

Saw JBC is expecting a restock soon, but also “a small but sweet” drop of “new ones” near the end of February.

8 Likes

Yeah, Angel Wing lol. I’m always doing that ish.

4 Likes

definitely angel wing haha. i have a pack with that one. nobodys ever grown anything with that one?

image_2024-01-27_124314419

27 Likes