Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

James Bean Seedbank! They are in the list. They have always hooked it up

4 Likes

? Wookie isn’t pure lavender tho. Lavender is in there sure, but there’s also Appalachia :yum: But that LJ cut sure smokes like lavender to me.

3 Likes

Egg on my face, I had no idea that’s what JBC stood for

I was surprised Breedersdirectseedco wasn’t on the list.

It is listed.

2 Likes

@AmnioticBaptism @HolyAngel check out what popped up in @gmike ’s F2s of Destroyer:

I know that @Elchischas found and isolated the Pearl pheno in Destroyer way back, did you share that with Bodhi, Don Chischas?

destryerbuds2

That above thread was started by Charlie Garcia

Someone else’s Destroyer Pearl pheno:
EDIT: this is RandyCalifornia, same person HolyAngel posted maybe thirty posts back

And similar in Burmese landrace, which I know many consider to be Thai genetics:

25 Likes

All these people saying “pearl pheno.” This is just wild primordial shit coming through. We go from 1 calyx to as many as we can now. It’d have to be very special to keep around.

11 Likes

That looks like my C5SensiStar #5 F4’s

20 Likes

@HolyAngel How did that smoke and what kinda flavors? It looks awesome

4 Likes

Here’s a shot of this midnight cowboy, stem rub has been artificial grape & lavender from the beginning, it’s been green this whole time to but it looks like the calyxs are dark purple almost black rn

25 Likes

you can never escape the terpinolene :smile: :grin:

7 Likes

I bought Silver haze in 94 and had numerous seeds after missing a herm.
I grew some out and they were very good, but guess what there were more seeds.
I grew those out probably to about the S3 and I started to see a few of these pearl phenos.

I tossed the line thinking I had offended the creator himself knowing very well the dangers of chucking with herms.

I’ll have to admit that I chuckled a bit when I first started seeing pics of Dr. Grinspoon seeds, being that I was commercially driven towards the risk and reward cycle.

13 Likes

Interesting stuff I just found looking up some old Bodhi posts about Bubbashine and it’s hybrids with both the infamous lost dad and also the mom used in Bubbashine x Kashmir (limited freebie along with the BS x GHash and other crosses like A11G).

So I found this dug up by @HolyAngel off Breedbay, where Bodhi makes a few references I wanted to chase down and had some success with:

In there Bodhi mentions “the tex cut” which would have been Texas Kid, by his posts he was growing it OD by summer 2009 in Colorado:

By 2012 Tex is saying that there were F3(ish) floating around forums, he’s commenting here on someone in Colorado growing some Bubbashine in a greenhouse, good log!

Guess those might have come from his F2s

He was cropping all sorts of Bodhi stuff through a Westminster CO dispensary if that rings a bell for anyone from Colorado at that time:

Now untangling the “he calls it Bubba Blue” statement by Bodhi is a little less clear.

In that thread someone also mentions that there’s a Rare Dankness hybrid named Stone Mountain with the same lineage, except it was Katsu cut Bubba, people may be familiar with Scott’s incross/outcross of SM to both Katsu and Pre-98 Bubba cuts which was known as The Ox:

Some OX grow photos from that thread:

And then there was also a THIRD identical hybrid by OG Raskal around the same late Aughts:

Killer vault list here from 2008, great for researching old strains:

In the end, I haven’t been able to figure out who the “he” is that is calling it Blue Bubba, and whether Bodhi collaborated with that person or got the seeds from them (maybe Scott/MoonshineMan/RD or OG Raskal) or if they were the main tester, perhaps Texas Kid who did call it that sometimes. Confusing things is that it’s a pretty basic name for any cross of that general type, for example Hazeman has sold a Blue Bubba for many years that is Blue God x Pre-98 BK.

22 Likes

If you’re looking for something similar there is the purple moonshine

8 Likes

humm the ox i had from rare was bubba kush * stone mountain

humm …

8 Likes

Hah there’s even a Katsu NY Blue Bubba he describes as 90s delivery service Blueberry Sativa mom, Blue Moonshine is BS x BB…

Strain name games continue to befuddle us years later…

8 Likes

Thank you but @Enjoi802 hooked me up with a Bic pen full of those with my first set of Copa testers, and some hybrids of it with GSD when I bought a pack from his store LGVS. They’re definitely worth seeking out for anyone who likes this sort of genetic combination, he made them as a recreation/homage to Bodhi’s work. I’m looking forward to running some when I get the chance.

8 Likes

I’m interested in the Wookie for lavender/citrus first, the Appalachia side of things makes for a bitter/hashy smoke IME.

High linalool and limonene creates flavor profiles like Zkittlez. Wookie 7 seems to be great for that. I think W15 also has it, just less common/intense compared to the 7.

6 Likes

My Bodhi field trip keeper.

2nd pic shows the 2 field trip plants in the back and the one in front is Katsu’s celestial tremors.

You can see that field trip in the back right stretched a bit on me. She’s in a smaller, more narrow pot than what I normally use and ended up in veg longer than I was planning (had space issues that prevented me from getting her into flower as quickly as I originally planned. Needed to use the flower room for veg for a bit).
All 3 were actually put into flower later than I planned. I tried to trim them up and tie/train them as best I could once I was able to move them into the flower room.

Field trip is a Great strain. One of my current favorites. Dense buds, potent indica high with a great taste + smell.

21 Likes

Hi @Dirt_Wizard,
Im very happy to see how healthy and pretty your plant is, congratulations! (The seeds you have are F5, CBG reg destroyer was sold as F4) Randy California’s plants are sisters of yours, they are my seeds too. Have you already smoked it? How would you describe the effect?

3 Likes