Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

I’m actually running some lavender jack atm too lol, some purple empress and purple afro and definitely getting popped in my next seed run, I’ve seen some people mention running the purple empress but I haven’t seen any pics or really even descriptions yet

9 Likes

Does anyone know about Kush 4 x Wookie? I am debating on that or Tiger Tail for my next Bodhi open pollination and cross run.

11 Likes

I grew Cherry Unicorn and it was really nice, seemed like the PUF3 dad brought some color and berry flavor?

7 Likes

Speakeasy early access drop is live for Bodhi

6 Likes

Boy they are really milking this drop, huh?

It was showing “coming soon” for over 2 weeks. Now it’s only on sale as “early access” for VIP subscription members.

All I can think is that they’re trying to milk it for VIP subscriptions? I don’t know. I mean, I guess it’s cool they offer early access for a monthly fee but personally I prefer the method used by Great Lakes genetics, who just listed the Bodhi stock when they received it. :man_shrugging:
Though I admit, if I wasn’t able to get the black triangle anywhere else I probably would have paid the $5 for one month of early access to buy it :joy:

10 Likes

Interested in more info on this one myself. I chose it as my freebie on my most recent seed order. I had a tough time finding much info on it but decided to take a chance with it because of the kush 4 sounding interesting (with the little info I could find)

I’d definitely be curious to hear from anyone who’s grown it.

10 Likes

I haven’t been able to find much if anything on it. There has to be some good stuff in there.

8 Likes

Yeah that picture CSI posted of the kush 4 looks like it would cross well with the wookie… I’d definitely f2 that if I had a pack lol

4 Likes

It’s definitely up there just because there’s almost no information. I think my next Bodhi open pollination with be this or Tiger tail. But that’s probably a 2025 grow.

7 Likes

I’ve grown the purple empress and pollinated it but have not smoked it. Nice structure, was purple, not bright purple, lots of bud sites, jack herer spicy smell. I have one in the tent now(lights off in flower). It’s the second run of the same pheno, it clones super easy. the plant it resembles most is the African haze cut I have going. They smell different, but grow similar. The purple empress is flowering faster. I was looking for a good jack herer and heard bodhi used the 10k cut. Easy to grow and keep alive. but need to smoke it to know if worth keeping it around. I’ve had this one going about a year now also.

9 Likes

I hadn’t seen that picture. Thanks for mentioning it!

For anyone else who wants to see it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuAefTghhIJ/?hl=en

4 Likes

@JustANobody @TeddyNuggets

10 Likes

Oh nooo. Guess we will need to find out.

5 Likes

The pack he said was garbage was crossed to snow lotus. In my experience the snow lotus crosses can be really hit or miss. Of the bodhi strains I’ve run, the snow lotus has probably been my least favorite male.

So I’m still hopeful about the kush 4 x wookie. Plus, I think some of the fun of that one will be sorting through the f2 generation to see what can be found, and also making crosses with it. I’m hoping to find something similar to the kush 4 to maybe use in some future projects.

8 Likes

It’s not a cross we’re looking for, but it has Kush 4 in the composition. These are some DLA 9:

image image

39 Likes

Those are tiny!

3 Likes

Don’t give up on Snow Lotus. It is It can produce some really good stuff. Especially as the female in a cross.

12 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I don’t have a ton of experience with the snow lotus. I think I’ve run maybe 3 strains with SL as the dad. I don’t think I’ve run any with SL as the mom.

I am planning to run a pack of Heaven Mountain that I have (gogi og x snow lotus). Someone here asked me to run them and make f2’s so I plan to do that when I have the room. I did run some Heaven mountain already and found the high just wasn’t for me. They were some nice plans though.

10 Likes

Heaven mountain is Goji OG (bodhi cut) x Appalachia

10 Likes

Oops! I just looked at the pack and you are correct!

And my pack of tranquil elephantizer has the snow lotus as the dad (88 g13hp deadly g x snow lotus) and I love that strain. Still have a mom of it.

So now I’m questioning my (stoner) memory on the snow lotus… :joy:

10 Likes