Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I’m having a hard time pinpointing it. It’s a cross of potpourri, flowers, and women’s perfume. It’s got 2 weeks left. Lord willing and fingers crossed it makes it because it’s gonna be really pushing it for my climate. I’m 39 degrees north. But in all seriousness it smells absolutely rediculus…

20 Likes

Funny story, I donated a pack of Dream Beaver to Useful lol… I also donated a pack of Sumatra…

10 Likes

Is that the same pack Kasiz repro’d for Useful?

Does anybody know the difference between Pure OG and Pure Kush? Is it the same thing? I only ask because I’m gonna be planting some seeds tomorrow and have a few extra spots. Looking at my list, I’m considering either the Hollyweed (Hollywood Pure Kush x Ghash) or the Imperial Majesty (Pure OG x GHash), thinking about planting a few of the Imperial seeds. But then I was like,”Wait, what’s the difference between Pure OG and Pure Kush? And why would Bodhi call the same mom two different names?” I’m assuming they’re the same thing, though?

I used to make special trips out to the Valley years and years ago, before I lived in the Valley, just to get that Hollywood Pure Kush. Good shit. I miss it. Never heard it called Pure OG before, though.

12 Likes

To me, OG and Kush are very different in plant morphology, bud shape, smell, flavor, and effects. I don’t know my ass from a hole in the ground, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I guess the “pure” prefix maybe means they are the epitome of their respective branches of the cannabis tree.

I’d expect a pure OG to be lanky, sometimes floppy, making golfball buds or small pinecones at the nodes and on the ends. Not much to trim, generally, with the high calyx to leaf ratio. Lots of dank smells and flavors, often pinene and limonene heavy, and not necessarily sweet but sometimes a little cologne or perfume in there. High potency, OGs produce heavy stones that hit you like a hammer.

Whereas, I’d expect a pure Kush to produce symmetrical bushes with many spears, towers of power that are able to support themselves. Leafier and a little more time consuming to trim, these produce colas rather than buds at the tops. The smells are typically sweeter, less pungent and acrid than OGs. Pure kushes are known for their sweet, marshmallowy flavors and chill, “Saul Goodman” relaxing stones that aren’t KO punches, but also aren’t a slouch in the potency department.

They really couldn’t be much more different. Maybe you’re thinking of the cross between them - OG Kush? :slight_smile:

31 Likes

We discussed this elsewhere and the consensus back on Breedbay (bodhi’s old haunts) was that Suge PK was a bubba s1 or very close relative of bubba kush, and that Hollywood = LA Pure Kush, but Topanga is a different cut. @Strayfox actually confirmed here that Hollywood = LAPK, and that Topanga is an entirely different cut altogether.

Still, though, based off the pics I saw on Breedbay of the cuts bodhi’s working with and lots of their crosses flowered out, the bubba is a short spear producer, and a very slow grower, whereas the LAPK is a more vigorous and stretchier spear producer, without necessarily being viney like an OG.

Keep in mind that these are contrived stoner categories; they’re not real biology phylogenetic or taxonomical classifications. Like everything else in cannaland, they’re inconsistent and full of contradictions, at the best of times.

27 Likes

Hollyweed was my #1 keeper for a long time. Still pissed I lost that one. I still have 5 or 6 seeds left though.

7 Likes

Right, that’s why I was asking. Because your previous post makes sense, but only IF the Pure Kush is actually a Kush plant. Like, from the Hindu Kush region or whatever. But we all know that motherfuckers have been calling any good weed “Kush” for forever now. I feel like I actually got a little batch of Pure OG about twelve years ago, from somewhere different than where I used to get the Pure Kush, but I just assumed that the Pure OG was Pure Kush. That was back when everything was “blahblahblah OG.” But maybe they were different strains.

In any event, I guess I’ll plant the Imperial Majesty seeds tomorrow, since I haven’t seen those documented anywhere yet. There are tons of grow reports and info on that Hollyweed.

Yeah, I know you loved that one :wink:. I’ll grow those seeds out at some point.

14 Likes

Just outta curiosity, what site was that and how did the person who told you that make that determination? Had they grown it? If so, did they log it? Because I can’t find any logs of the Imperial anywhere.

11 Likes

I can’t remember where but I concur that the PK used in Imperial Majesty is in fact the Suge Pure Kush. That’s why I snagged a pack also. I’ll do some digging today.

Edit after some digging : my best guess after some breedbay searches is that Bodhi for some reason took the “Suge” moniker off the cut and just started naming it Pure Kush or Pure OG in his notes.

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/post-776093

The above link shows the last time I can find him mentioning pure Kush suge. After that it’s just Pure OG or Pure Kush. All the same imo

13 Likes

Nspecta talks about these cuts in his pot cast interview!

The “Suge knight” pure kush was found by some dude who named it like 12 different things before finally settling on pure kush. Should be a bubba s1.

The pure og I don’t remember much on :thinking: but nspecta and a few others now are saying TK is the original, real, pure og :wink:

17 Likes

Kashmir Sunshine at day 55. 1gal pot build a soil 3.0 with some insect frass top dressing under philzon cree cob led.

33 Likes

Funky structure, did you shine light from the sides?

1 Like

It’s basically 1 pole with a couple lowers that branched out some. Just threw a tall clone into flower.

No on the lighting. It was just the flash from the phone. Really lit her up.

6 Likes

Happy Friday! :smiley: With people selling bodhi F2 and clones for ridiculous prices these days, I wanted to give everybody a heads up that Kind Love in Denver sells the Goji OG B cut (the queen mother cut) for $25 or less all the time.

That may not help some people, but I want everyone to know you don’t have to spend a bunch of money on this cut - bodhi himself gave it to one of the dispos in Santa Cruz, and it made it’s way out here. Anybody can grab that and a few other bodhi cuts in Denver. Don’t have a scarcity mentality that makes you covet something like that - it’s not worth it, just pop your own seeds, or find the special Goji OG cuts being freely given out on this very site!

Also, if you’re in California, @WallflowerNursery in Monterey / Santa Cruz has the same Goji cut and many other of bodhi’s personal cuts for really reasonable prices, especially if you buy quantities. I think you could get 100 cuts for less than the price being asked for that single Goji OG B cut.

:sun_with_face: :seedling:
:rainbow: :peace_symbol:

43 Likes

Oh, it’s just @Vagabond_Windy saying that haha. Yeah, he said the same thing a few posts above haha. Well, anyway, we’ll find out in a few months, seeds are hitting soil in about thirty minutes.

I have to know: how much is somebody selling that cut for? I could use a good laugh this morning.

7 Likes

useful is auctioning the goji og cut on ig, and I want to say it is over 200 right now.

2 Likes

i saw copa genetics bidding 750+ for it on useful’s auction… haven’t looked since last night

6 Likes

Who the fuck is useful? Wasn’t somebody else just saying that he’s selling f2’s of seeds that were donated to him?

3 Likes

What an incredibly OG thing to post . It is amazing how people can be duped into paying crazy amounts for some things .
Thanks for contributing something other then emojis you beautiful bastard hahahahaha

19 Likes