Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

DLA 13

33 Likes

Just wanted to mention that both of Bodhiā€™s logos were on the pack as well as Green Bodhiā€™s. Also it mentions that both of them have, ā€œdecided to donate all proceeds from this philanthropic collaboration to The Dalai Lama Library Museum project, which will be located at Namgyal Monastery, Du Khor Cho Ling in Ithaca, NY. We both thank you greatly for the support.ā€

20 seeds per pack and the entirety of the proceeds are allegedly going towards a project for a library dedicated to the Dalai Lama (and Tibetan culture I assume, which is currently being systematically eradicated from the planet).

And the one female i got out of 10 so far smells chronic.

One of the things i respect most about Bodhi(enlightenment in Tibetan language) is his consistent high brow esoteric and spiritual knowledge. This and his origin point sourcing practices which is in far greater depth and better practice than anyone else i have come across doing such things. Bodhi is itself a very common term. Ive known a few people and a dog named Bodhi after Vajrayana aka Tibetan Buddhism.

Heā€™s also the first person ive ever heard mention the ā€œmorphic resonanceā€ of a location with regard to effect of a specific cannabis phenotype. Heady.

While im here, just wanted to mention that 4 time bandit phenos did exceptionally well outside. Early finish time and handled extreme weather impeccably, resulting in beautiful glittering stacked colas.

25 Likes

He definitely has the right intent, and all great things start with benevolent intent. If you wanna breed strains that really help and heal people instead of the primary motive being money then youā€™ll get much further in terms of quality.

13 Likes

That looks great, canā€™t wait to see it again.

4 Likes

the goji seems very dominant in outcrosses, so I expect you will.

10 Likes

I wanna try badgers blood berries. Blood wreck and goji og? sign me up!

1 Like

How can I quote peopleā€™s posts? Canā€™t seem to figure it out here

On a PC, I start a reply, then highlight the text I want to insert as a quote. A little Quote marker pops up that you can click to insert the highlighted text with the appropriate attribution. Not sure if itā€™s the same on tablet/phone or not.

1 Like

You can also just highlight (select) the text and then click or tap the word ā€œquoteā€ that automatically appears when you highlight. No need to start replying first.

5 Likes

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholarā€“despite what your username would have us believe. You just saved me seconds per reply. :laughing:

4 Likes

All praise and credit goes to the coder(s) who created this top notch website.
Most user friendly forum Iā€™ve ever been on, in every aspect.

11 Likes

true there, @Rogue. the software lays the ground work and the users provide the friendly atmosphere. oh, and the infinite scroll is awesome.

6 Likes

Bodhi Silver Mountain. Itā€™s got about 2 more weeks to go. The smells and odors are insane. Itā€™s more of a fragrance then anythingā€¦

42 Likes

Whatā€™s it smell like?

3 Likes

Iā€™m having a hard time pinpointing it. Itā€™s a cross of potpourri, flowers, and womenā€™s perfume. Itā€™s got 2 weeks left. Lord willing and fingers crossed it makes it because itā€™s gonna be really pushing it for my climate. Iā€™m 39 degrees north. But in all seriousness it smells absolutely rediculusā€¦

20 Likes

Funny story, I donated a pack of Dream Beaver to Useful lolā€¦ I also donated a pack of Sumatraā€¦

10 Likes

Is that the same pack Kasiz reproā€™d for Useful?

Does anybody know the difference between Pure OG and Pure Kush? Is it the same thing? I only ask because Iā€™m gonna be planting some seeds tomorrow and have a few extra spots. Looking at my list, Iā€™m considering either the Hollyweed (Hollywood Pure Kush x Ghash) or the Imperial Majesty (Pure OG x GHash), thinking about planting a few of the Imperial seeds. But then I was like,ā€Wait, whatā€™s the difference between Pure OG and Pure Kush? And why would Bodhi call the same mom two different names?ā€ Iā€™m assuming theyā€™re the same thing, though?

I used to make special trips out to the Valley years and years ago, before I lived in the Valley, just to get that Hollywood Pure Kush. Good shit. I miss it. Never heard it called Pure OG before, though.

12 Likes

To me, OG and Kush are very different in plant morphology, bud shape, smell, flavor, and effects. I donā€™t know my ass from a hole in the ground, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I guess the ā€œpureā€ prefix maybe means they are the epitome of their respective branches of the cannabis tree.

Iā€™d expect a pure OG to be lanky, sometimes floppy, making golfball buds or small pinecones at the nodes and on the ends. Not much to trim, generally, with the high calyx to leaf ratio. Lots of dank smells and flavors, often pinene and limonene heavy, and not necessarily sweet but sometimes a little cologne or perfume in there. High potency, OGs produce heavy stones that hit you like a hammer.

Whereas, Iā€™d expect a pure Kush to produce symmetrical bushes with many spears, towers of power that are able to support themselves. Leafier and a little more time consuming to trim, these produce colas rather than buds at the tops. The smells are typically sweeter, less pungent and acrid than OGs. Pure kushes are known for their sweet, marshmallowy flavors and chill, ā€œSaul Goodmanā€ relaxing stones that arenā€™t KO punches, but also arenā€™t a slouch in the potency department.

They really couldnā€™t be much more different. Maybe youā€™re thinking of the cross between them - OG Kush? :slight_smile:

31 Likes

We discussed this elsewhere and the consensus back on Breedbay (bodhiā€™s old haunts) was that Suge PK was a bubba s1 or very close relative of bubba kush, and that Hollywood = LA Pure Kush, but Topanga is a different cut. @Strayfox actually confirmed here that Hollywood = LAPK, and that Topanga is an entirely different cut altogether.

Still, though, based off the pics I saw on Breedbay of the cuts bodhiā€™s working with and lots of their crosses flowered out, the bubba is a short spear producer, and a very slow grower, whereas the LAPK is a more vigorous and stretchier spear producer, without necessarily being viney like an OG.

Keep in mind that these are contrived stoner categories; theyā€™re not real biology phylogenetic or taxonomical classifications. Like everything else in cannaland, theyā€™re inconsistent and full of contradictions, at the best of times.

27 Likes