Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I got my grow license and I’m in the process of building a greenhouse. There is a lot of competition here in Oklahoma now and I need something that stands out. I’m sitting on about 6 packs of SSDD, but I didn’t want to rush through them. I wanted to find something that stood out. Usually, the real funky plants will be saying something in late veg. Anyways, nothing to do but plant more seeds…

7 Likes

I’ve found that the best way to tell if a plant is special is to, you know, smoke the flowers. Stinky veg plants or super-crystal-y nugs late in flower or really awesome flavors are cool and all, but ultimately, all I really care about is the way she makes me feel after I blaze it.

@Moka Is that drop happening on Thanksgiving day? Or just around Thanksgiving? I thought I was pretty much done buying seeds, but I may have to grab a pack each of that Zap and Metal Haze repro. I mean, as long as it isn’t some shit show where everything sells out in three minutes. I’m not gonna sit on my iPad, hitting refresh every thirty seconds AND cook Thanksgiving dinner…

22 Likes

@minitiger

so you’re going to cancel thanksgiving dinner? lol

19 Likes

From what I am able to gather, is that the seed banks have already made their orders, and the drop is on Thanksgiving Day. This has been confirmed with Headie and BDSC. I would imagine it would be the same with JBCseeds and Great Lake Genetics.

Edit: Looking at the email bodhi sent back to me. He also says its “due out on thanksgiving day”

11 Likes

I had some absolutely intense funk from my Soul Mates in later flower, one pheno leaned more to the Wookie side and was super heavy on the lavender funk. Another was more Goji dom and had a nice lemon zest to it. They did seem to he more mellow in early flower though.

10 Likes

Got this reply last night from Matt Riot on the the 88G13HP. If only Swampy was still around to give us more information on the original cross.

19 Likes

Maybe I’m just slow this morning… Haven’t had my coffee.

But are these both medicine mountain releases? I wonder what else he’s going to release on the market, because if there’s only two… I need to figure out which I want to buy duplicates of :sweat_smile:

If anyone’s up for it, and buys the Metal Haze, we should grow it concurrently and see how good our odds are lol

11 Likes

That’s what I seem to gather is that these are the two first MM releases!

7 Likes

Here’s a Rajasthani Space Probe at 45 days in a 1gal pot of Build a Soil under led.

32 Likes

That looks spectacular! Any idea how long she’s gonna take to finish? :+1:

5 Likes

Ah, so maybe the other two were never released to the seedbanks? After photos of the packs showed up on IG I drove myself a bit nuts trying to find a bank that carried them with no luck. Somewhat comforting if they were simply never released and I’m not just bad at the internet.

5 Likes

Yeah they don’t “exist” until Thanksgiving day.

4 Likes

Really cool plant. I’ve run 3 phenos now a few times each and it looks like I’ve harvested them all around 82-86 days under 11/13. Might let this one go longer if she’s holding on.

8 Likes

That’s relieving. Did they take long to start flowering? Between Bodhi posting on IG about the mom, and sombody (I don’t remember who) growing the spaceprobe, it sounded like she took forreeverrrrr… I always expected it to take 4+ months to finish.

Nice plant btw!

10 Likes

Just looked at my notes. All started showing sex from 7-10 days after the flip, except one that took 13 days to show.

9 Likes

My wolfpacks. Wasn’t the greatest run but altogether pretty awesome strain and worthwhile to grow. I had a couple of my strains pop bananas likely due to stress so I found some micro seeds but luckily it didn’t affect how it burns or tastes (at least what I sampled so far) plus it’s all good in the volcano anyways. I pulled them all around 10.5 weeks from flip. I would have liked to go a bit longer. Maybe mine stalled, I heard other people’s being earlier than that. Will try to describe the best i can.

Wolfpack 1
a mix of black cherry/berry/orange candy

Wolfpack 2
orange zest/pinesol or orange mop cleaner

Wolf pack 3
pretty even mix of 1 and 2

Wolf pack 4
Stale grape candy, lemon

Wolf pack 5.
Black cherry/berry candy. Touch of orange

Wolfpack 6. This one is my favourite just from the smell/look alone but I don’t know if it will end up being the most potent of them all in the end or be a weaker long stalk variety. Going to cure it a bit longer before I smoke any. Only have 4 ozs of it.

black cherry candy, bubblegum, slight orange.

59 Likes

Man, those look great, I’d be pretty happy if I had those in my jars, banners and seeds included :v:t2:

10 Likes

Lol you have to smoke the flower. In my experience there are no veg/early flower characteristics that can accurately predict a special plant. Most of the time the resin will start off dominant towards a specific parent, then will evolve over time until it reaches its full expression. But the plants are still live so…

Even late flower smells are almost useless if the plant is still alive, because the terps can pull a full 180 from live vine to dried/cured/jarred smells. Then you have to consider if taste actually matches smell, quality of high, stability of that bud in a jar (3 month old top shelf weed should smell/taste the same as harvest day), and many other variables.

I got your PM but I kinda already addressed the topic in this post. You need to run your plants to the very end, properly dry them low and slow for 2-3 weeks (do not buck fans or wet trim in any way. If you botch dry/cure, you cannot properly judge the hunt), stabilize humidity in jars after initial dry, then judge the plants based on flavor/quality of high after all steps are completed. Keep all of your plants alive after harvest and re veg as plants dry. Keep everything that even has remote potential until you are certain of what plant produced the best dried and cured end result.

IMO Bodhi packs will have fewer commercially viable keepers because they are F1 hybrids with deep gene pools. Lots of room for expressing both desirable and unwanted characteristics. You cant expect the same consistency as a super inbred hype line that is almost guaranteed to produce something marketable to dispensaries. What you should be looking for are novel terpene profiles and blissful highs that would make the average hype buyer’s jaw drop. Special plants with super unique characteristics that provide excellent craft production and preservation potential.

SSDD is a special strain but you absolutely cannot expect funky offensive noses from all of those plants. IME where that pairing shines is in its unique buttery herbal garden dominant profile with blueberry and appy funk back ends. Pick the right plant and it will be some of the most centering, calming, peaceful bud that you ever smoke. Its not like GMO where the cut itself smells like a pair of rotten gym socks.

One pheno of soul mate made my entire house smell like a coastal pine forest so… Maybe wait until they are done lol.

37 Likes

But it’s just MM003 and the Metal Haze and Freebies showing up then, right? There was the “TV” and… another one, that there were photos of a few months back (I can’t recall offhand which one the TV was, but there was MM001 and MM002). Those were the ones I tried searching for more info on without much success.

ETA: the other one besides “TV” was “Dharma Bum” (TV is Vietnamese x Thai, Dharma Bum is Big Sur Nigerian x Thai).

11 Likes

Big news if true. I gotta save up some more money then!

7 Likes