Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Lemon G x G13hp - I think this one is named lemon hashplant. If you are a fan of lemon smelling/tasting smoke, imo this is not one to miss.

Edit: this is from the original release a few years ago.

43 Likes

Do you know what’s the difference between the original release and v2?

4 Likes

I don’t, I’m sorry. I know these came labeled Lemon G x G13hp. I bought them when they were very first available, and now they say Lemon Hashplant V2, but then still say Lemon G x G13hp? I’m confused on this one.

5 Likes

I’m going to guess it’s a different female Lemon G, but was hoping someone may know for certain.

2 Likes

No pics today, early shift this morning so just had time to check on em. Pretty sure I’ve got 4 confirmed females; #2, #3, #4, #6. They’re throwing some stigma out of the growth tips none out at the nodes yet. #1 and #5 have not shown yet. #1 though has a very menthol, piney stem rub. Stem glistens in resin as well. He/she is the most special in the tent right now as it has the peach fuzz over the stems and petioles and as I said, the main stem glistens from the resin forming. #6 is the wildest in growth and has very strong, woody secondary branches. Very stinky appy smell when brushed against. #4 is very sativa in the fan leaves so hopefully some sativa leaning ssh or afgooey smoke. #3 is very short and stinks the most, and has very uniformly serrated leaves, hopefully an appy leaner there. #2 has fabulous structure, smells sweet and funky, would be a prime candidate for selection if that was my goal.

Overall very happy with how things are going, they did start really stretching since the last couple of days and it appears their growth tips are halting new growth. Gonna top dress em with a light dry mix of some guano and langbeinite to get em through those last few weeks of flower. Gonna taper out the FF since they’ll probably have enough N built up by the end of flower, and I think FF is synthetic so I would like to be watering only water by the end of flower.

Learned so much on this grow, only my fourth time but I’ve learned more this time than my whole time growing lol, so grateful for you guys and gals here at OG. I’ll update with some picks once they’ve all shown. Y’all have a wonderful day today. SSYM flower pics loading…

10 Likes

yea Im guessing its likely a different parent was used in this cross. Thats just a guess tho.
That looks like it would be a beautiful smoke @PlantShepherd for sure!

3 Likes

Typically the longer the plant takes to show sex the more likely they will be female.
This isnt always the case, but 90%+ of the time they are females.
This year I had some beauty looking plants I had to whack when they turned male. They are usually the taller, more vigorous plants. Usually the biggest, best looking plants of the bunch are the males. Its complete disappointment lol.
Good luck.

10 Likes

Yea I think I’ve just caught these pistils early, since I see no other preflowers but those. The suspense is real lol, I check em everyday waiting for them to show. I think they should be all shown by next week, hopefully. Also could probably ask you guys this, do cooler temps affect stretch in y’all’s experience?

3 Likes

I’ve heard that higher temps increase the stretch…
so cooler temps may produce shorter internodal distances…
(but also slow down the rate of growth).

Probably better to keep it in the middle temps (65-80degF) with plenty of light.

5 Likes

Yea I think that’s what cause them to stop growing a few days back, they’ve resumed and are doing great now. Got 5 females and 1 male, seems they all showed today. Here’s some zoomed in pics (to show the preflowers) in order:

1st lady

2nd lady

and here’s the dude. Unfortunately he will be culled tonight when the rest are watered, bro will be missed but no seed making this time. Smells are hella dank in here

13 Likes

After a few years and a few thousand plants you get to the point where the males are pretty obvious 90% of the time long before they flower, they just grow and look different. That said It’s always those 10% that can fuck you up lol.

Big time… cold will slow and eventually stunt growth… something you can use to advantage… a little known but very useful technique to reduce stretch is to use an AC to drop the ambient temp by 10 degrees for an hour prior to lights on, and an hour or two after lights on… It will more or less stop stretch in it’s tracks and is a technique used in the flower industry to reduce prevent stem stretch.

15 Likes

I always find the male plants structure more appealing for some reason. Better branching. I started noticing the plant with the best structure always ended up being a male. Could just be me.

10 Likes

Must be you, to me, best structure is always seen on my females. My males tend to be taller, lanky, and longer node spacing.

Interesting to hear that, we all look at stuff differently !!!

8 Likes

I am by no means an expert. I’ve recently had a couple 10% instances where I swear I had a female. Threw the plant into flower and bam…balls. Both were Cherry Queen x Goji. I have more I’ll pop later. I did find a female Dragon Fruit x Goji I’m flowering. For shits and giggles to see what I get.

6 Likes

Interesting… I also find them mostly lankier i.e. with longer internodes and they tend to shoot up faster, also the branching style is mostly differently in the males with the side branches seeming to want to grow straight up rather than up and out like they often do with females… All that said, there must be some other subtle difference that give them away that allow them to be identified sooner because as I say, most people with a fair bit of experience will learn to pick the males out from a pretty early age and often seemingly by ‘feel’.

5 Likes

sun ra, wk 8ish
8 seeds planted.100% germ rate, 50% female. 2 super stretchy phenos, 2 somewhere between stretchy and stocky phenos. the close up pic has been the mvp so far, but it did throw a couple bananas early on that i didnt catch in time (seededness is noticeable but doesnt look too bad). still, she is the thickest of her sisters. these will come down soon, ill put up some dry nug shots in a week or so

39 Likes

here are a few shots of my ssdd keeper. the veg shot pictured does not coincide with the nug shots
its structure reminds me a lot of green crack. bag appeal and potency are excellent, yield is average (so far, have only ran her twice after the seed run). smells like buttery hash with a bit of sourness to it.

42 Likes

Awesome to hear… looks like an amazing bunch of plants you got there… I have some semi formed plans to mingle some SSDD beans I have with a really chunky Skylwalker OG, see if we can’t increase that yield a bit while keeping that earthy buttery taste and potency.

6 Likes

Nice frosty orange bud for sure. Haven’t tried it but does look appetizing.

5 Likes

Wow! Real nice job on that one! Some of the nicer chunky buds I’ve seen from the wookie male. :thumbsup:

3 Likes