Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I would not name anything with copy righted names, what if it took off

4 Likes

Bodhiā€™s names at least sometimes match some descriptions of effects or smells and/or contain some part of the lineage.

Master of Muppets (Vintage Master Kush x Wookie) has a description that says is smells like ā€œmuppet feetā€ among other thingsā€¦not that itā€™s a terribly effective description for me.

11 Likes

yeah i would say something like half of his names actually do match the cross or effects of it. but the rest are made up, like More Cowbell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh I donā€™t think so, I was quoting Smacky :joy:

7 Likes

I wonder how many more of them match some effect/description in a stream of consciousness line of thinking? Like in Cockney rhyming slang where words are replaced with words that rhyme with something completely differentā€¦like substituting ā€˜boatā€™ for ā€˜faceā€™ because ā€˜faceā€™ rhymes with ā€˜boat raceā€™.

6 Likes

The only strain Iā€™m aware of that happening with is Gorilla Glue. I really donā€™t think Nabisco (or whoever makes Kit Kats) would come down hard on that strain nameā€¦ I, however, would come down hard on whoever bred a ridiculous strain like Nilla Kit Kat Puddin Piez haha.

I actually thought that that was a really good and funny name when I saw it. Itā€™s just unfortunate that itā€™s a GSC cross.

6 Likes

Mars Wrigley (owner of Skittles) is currently suing the makers of Zkittles for trademark infringement. Probably going to use the Gorilla Glue case as precedent.

8 Likes

Yeah, because Mars Wrigley doesnā€™t have enough moneyā€¦

4 Likes

Good for her, itā€™s called infringement.
Doesnā€™t matter how much money one has and if it was yours youā€™d do the same.

2 Likes

Well, first of all, thereā€™s a Z being substituted for the S. Second of all, I donā€™t think anybodyā€™s going to confuse ā€œZkittlesā€ weed with Skittles candy. Third of all, whatā€™s next? British Petroleum or Texaco suing somebody over the use of ā€œdieselā€ in any strain name? Or is it just that Mars is terrified that Zkittles is going to ruin Skittlesā€™ stellar reputation, which is obviously above reproach?

12 Likes

Defintitely the latter. the spelling is a misnomer, its pronounced the exact same and described as being just like the candy and they probably donā€™t like the kids candy being linked to an adult ā€œdrugā€ legal or not :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I always wonder why HLG isnā€™t suing half of China for use of the term quantum board since they have a copyright on it.

5 Likes

HLG has gone after a few companies for it, but its 1000% pointless to try and do anything against china for it. Patents and Trademarks are NOT global, they are territorial. China doesnā€™t recognize them so you have zero standing for a case there.

7 Likes

That makes sense although the products are sold in North America so I would think they could try to block import. Thanks for the input, hadnā€™t really thought about that.

4 Likes

This has me cracking up because when I first read the description when ordering some Bodhi packs a few weeks ago, I thought the same. Doesnā€™t paint the best picture.

11 Likes

Itā€™s hard to get past some of these names, but I try to look up the genetic lineage to know whatā€™s under the hood. A ā€œRed Headed Strangerā€ by any other name is still Tom Hillā€™s Haze x Williamā€™s Wonder. :wink: I would have called it Wonder Haze, personally, but Iā€™m still very interested to sample the final product (got a couple in veg right now).

8 Likes

Radio Ridge posted something recently about some Bodhi crosses using a Zkittlez Lavender Lemonade male (Zkittlez x Lemon Wookie). Wouldnā€™t be very interested in it myself (at least until the reviews were in), but if he found a good Lush male Iā€™d probably have to buy one of each cross as soon as they dropped :laughing:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CL-5ysQBe3U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 Likes

What is the A1 exactly? NVM
A1 is Artifact 1, old afghan line

4 Likes

Yup, thatā€™s the post, thanks for linking it, for those that donā€™t have instagramā€¦

The Pure Afghan x Ancient OG would be my pick! :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

That #25 looks real interesting!

2 Wook x Lemon Tree Wookie x Skittles Lavender Lemonadeā€¦ like a triple wookie cross :thinking:

zkittles = GrapeApe(GDP Pheno) x Grapefruit x Unknownā€¦ so could see where crossing to the wookie could be good, grapey/lavender, feminine type smells iā€™m betting.

ooh and the purple nl5 is FINALLY making an appearanceā€¦ as a cross to Wookieā€¦ I have such a love/hate relationship when it comes to these releases :joy:

8 Likes

skittles and girl scout cookies come to mind as well

5 Likes