Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

and Runtz… :face_vomiting: Why did cannabis have to become so associated with candy and sweet things? Bring back the funk!

10 Likes

The tortured beans is a reference to stress testing plants. You can check the gorilla bubble icmag thread for almost 10 years of testing my lines and documentation. There is more documentation and math discussion on gorilla bubble than any other seedline available. Feel free to show me a comparison.
I dont need chicks, I have 4 kids and I’m old.
I think minitiger is a cool name tho.

28 Likes

Cold glass of water and a hot piece of ass probably do him in

7 Likes

Yeah, I figured that’s what it was in reference to. Like I said, I was just talking shit.

6 Likes

on the one hand, strains named after brands, companies, and franchises piss me off for multiple reasons. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if it took a lawsuit to stop this trend.
On the other hand, skittles / mars corporation is clearly sending a mixed message:

joking aside,
I really do think that people are causing problems for us by using brands and products and other copyrighted or trademarked material for strain names.

They are trivializing medicine, and attracting the attention of regulators. they are also making an easy target for the public and media to sensationalize and demonize cannabis by saying it is making kids smoke weed.

In San Francisco girl scouts had been selling cookies in front of dispensaries for years, and nobody ever had a problem with that. After berner named that bagseed Girl Scout Cookies and marketed it aggressively, there was consistent propaganda / fluff piece stories in the local news saying that “Girl Scout Cookies” was making kids smoke weed. They had that on the news every year when the girl scouts would sell cookies at the dispensaries

Has anyone seen mandalorian genetics? His logo is literally a screengrab of “The Mandalorian” with a photoshop filter.

I doubt lucasfilm / disney wants to get anyone in serious trouble by taking legal action against a business that might be based in a non-legalized state, but those “mandalorian autoflower” guys are really pushing it.

10 Likes

Man! This! 100% they’re in for a lawsuit. It’ll happen for sure if they don’t rebrand or do something else. The logo by itself is enough to do it.

9 Likes

Yep, you guys got there eventually, but to reiterate: bodhi’s response listed the crosses to come out of that pollination. So no, he’s not making backcrosses with all of those existing HP crosses. He’s making those HP crosses he listed! lol

Hash face is new, but what is it - hopefully bodhi goes public with that one soon!

I see a couple other people got to it already, but I’ll just post this anyway since it includes the whole list. Not sure if they’re current testers or not, but b told me that testing is on hold for awhile - he’s still thinking about it, but isn’t sure what or when.

He sent a big list of new crosses to Radio Ridge Nursery to test, and they included both Skittles Lavender Lemonade male and an Artifact 1 Afghani male, (no Lush male that I saw?) as well as some older testers (I’m assuming) and a couple new males he must be trying out. Here was the list from the post linked above:

15 Likes

Got taken care of by Speakeasy today. They ended sending me Imperial Majesty and Skunk Hashplant. They also allowed me to keep the mistaken packs.

22 Likes

Oh, cool! So they still had some of those Imperial Majesties then? That’s good.

4 Likes

I read more about it this morning. Apparently this really popped up on Mars Wrigley’s radar because TerpHogz filed documents to trademark Zkittlez and their “original artwork” for rolling trays, infused candy, etc. When you consider they’re also blatantly ripping off the Skittles logo and packaging, it’s much easier to understand why Mars Wrigley is going after them.

10 Likes

To my knowledge, Bodhi has only ever used the Lavender Lemonade in one other released cross–Lemon Lassi (Lavender Lemonade x Kashmir). Is anyone aware of other crosses in testing that use the Lavender Lemonade (either male or female)?

9 Likes

Oh, well then yeah, that makes a ton more sense. Fucking trademarking Zkittlez? Gimme a break… TerpHogz is probably the stupidest name I’ve ever heard, just as an aside haha.

10 Likes

I am SO with you on this !

9 Likes

A clever catchy name appears to be much more profitable/important then the actual quality of the bud it produces.
It’s the only way it makes sense how the cookie hype train keeps moving.

Strain names have gotten to ridiculous levels imo

13 Likes

TerpHogz huh… Might as well have named himself TazerFace :rofl:

CookieFam pushing the biggest hype train on earth and people are buying it up :man_facepalming:

10 Likes

Just to mix in a few photos pertaining to the thread title :nerd_face:

Unicorn Milk from y’all know who

Cherry Queen au natural

22 Likes

Is minitiger a reference to the band?

They have some decent tunes.

3 Likes

Ooh have you tried these yet? What’s the unicorn milk like? I’m getting a real weird high off the purple NL2 but it’s early.

6 Likes

Yep. Love that album “Fortress” (the album that the song you posted is on), one of my all-time favorites. When I first signed up at thcfarmer, after a couple minutes of trying to come up with some kind of clever weed-related screen name that wasn’t already taken, I just picked what I had on. I think “miniature tiger” was too long or something. Or maybe I just didn’t feel like typing the word “miniature” every time I signed in.

5 Likes

“Fortress” is their only good album, though. Everything they did after that sounds like a fucking iPhone ad or something.

3 Likes