Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Very nice!

How many weeks did you veg for? Those stalks are outdoor worthy

5 Likes

the SSDD is a solid medical line by itself thanks to the Bubbashine in the lineage… The one pheno I’ve found so far helps me with nerve related pain, specifically spinal pain. Just melts it away. Mine doesn’t do much for muscle’s tho so I tend to mix it with my nl5hss and that seems to work and keep me awake at the same time.

Makes me wonder if you’re getting the muscle related help from the stardawg or the 88g13hp… or both… but regardless, anything with that SSDD should have some medical benefit for sure :wink:

17 Likes

Def. The 88g13hp…I’m running mendo sunshine now fir same reasons…nerve/spinal pain.

10 Likes

The 88g13hp definitely plays its part. I’m quite sure it is the combination of the stardawg guava and the g13 influence that helps to manage my chronic muscular and autonomic conditions.

If I don’t stay medicated my muscular condition causes uncontrollable cramps and spasms, and then the cramps cause muscle injuries. It almost looks parkinsonian, but it’s muscular not neurological.

The guava helps with healing and recovery from muscle and joint injuries, not just pain relief. Pain relief is great but it’s not common to find something that actually helps with recovery and allows me to bounce back from an injury more quickly.

I have an autonomic condition which results in my body being unable to properly regulate temperature and blood flow.

we just had 110 degree heat this week and normally that would cause havoc with my autonomic condition. Usually my skin would get flushed and blotchy, and my limbs would swell up like crazy. Fortunately I just harvested some guava hashplant, and chiefing the guava all day long actually kept my condition under control. No skin flushing or joint swelling even during the heat wave.

The most helpful modern hybrid strains for managing these autonomic symptoms are hybrid outcrosses of the stardawg guava like bodhi’s guava hashplant and archive’s One Star (stardawg guava x ohio lemon g). Like I said the g13 definitely makes a major contribution.

I actually learned about bodhi because I was looking for something similar to archive’s one star for my medical needs.

Archive decided to keep the one star “proprietary” to win cannabis cups for high thc content, so they don’t want anyone else to have access to their genetics. Even their non-selected phenos that had high trace cannabinoid content and lower thc, which they said had no value to them. Rather than letting me buy one for private medical use, they discarded the pheno that was a little lower in thc but rich in trace cannabinoids.

I’m skeptical about archive seeds because I know they are not releasing anything in seed form that they consider to be worthwhile for breeding, or good enough to win cannabis cups.

16 Likes

That’s some good information about Archive. Seems to fit with other rumblings I’ve heard/seen about them on IG.

To keep this post Bodhi related, my Tiger Tail just started week 8. All tops are spear shaped and they look like they’ll need another couple weeks at least. I had to add some support to the plant as it was starting to lean toward another plant for support–kinda like two drunk girls leaning on each other to keep them both from falling down.

8 Likes

I think some of their work is solid, but I just don’t like that they keep their breeding lines proprietary and release them only as clones. The seed lines are all watered down outcrosses of their breeding stock.

They grow large batches from seed, perform testing, and select their next mother by choosing the cut that fits the desired cannabinoid profile. selecting for high thc content over cbd and trace cannabinoid production.

So why don’t they ever release those breeding lines in seed form? just to maintain the value of their clone business and retain full commercial control over the parent stock?

The oregon market for clones is small, but the flower and concentrate are very lucrative. I guess they don’t want other producers to have access to their most valuable products.

10 Likes

That’s really interesting about the Stardawg Guava. Glad you found something that helps your condition, for sure. And you’ve now raised my level of interest in that cross about 1000x haha.

Off-Bodhi-topic, but I do find it interesting that Doc D seems to be using their genetics to breed, with their Rude Boi cross and their Overflo cross. I asked him about the Sour Diesel that he used for the Outer Limits seeds and he said it was Archive’s, as well. I still bought two packs haha, since he said it’s the best and most accurate representation of SD he’s found.

Anyway, yeah, glad that Stardawg Guava helps you out.

9 Likes

Of course that’s why! What? You thought cannabis was about helping people out?!? Haha…

8 Likes

It is about helping people out, not about money. At least for most of us on this site. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

This is one of my f2 selections of bodhi’s guava hashplant. I harvested this plant 2 or 3 weeks ago.

This purple pheno produced red hash. The first batch came out translucent yellow and pink, and this smaller second batch came out blood red.

The first batch was pure resin, and this batch has more essential oil content. This is old school food grade alcohol honey oil.

37 Likes

No shit, dude. I think you know me well enough to know that I was joking. Archive’s (or anybody’s) refusal to release strains that help people’s medical conditions and allow them to grow their own medicine is probably one of the most despicable things somebody could do.

19 Likes

Here’s another little guava hashplant highlight-
they make some unique conjoined twin seeds that look pretty neat.

This one is a triplet

edit-
they kind of remind me of Sun Ra’s spaceship from “Space is the Place”

32 Likes

Those are nice! Send me one, ummm I mean 3 in 1 :laughing:

6 Likes

@zephyr is there a more scientific name for these than the one I use? (you don’t wanna know what I call them, lol)

5 Likes

I think its something genetic, from the 88g13hp side
super silver hashplant F2

18 Likes

Thank you for that reference! It brings back so so so many memories of listening to recordings of the Arkestra at Reed and A Wonderful Noise documentary on the big screen! You think he was bodhi’s inspiration for his SFV OG x Wookie cross named Sun Ra?!?!

Some people claim it’s from screw up the pollination or ovepollinating, but I think they’re wrong. I 100% agree with you that it’s genetic because, though I use the same pollination strategy every time, I basically never see it. The one time I did was from the one 88g13hp cross I F2’d - bodhi’s Dank Sinatra (LA Affie x 88g13hp). I got quite a few cojoined twins & a few triplets in that one.

13 Likes

Man that song gets stuck in my head, and just pops in whenever it wants to. Lol. I love it. And those calyxes were full up. Triplets. Neat!

7 Likes

Yeah I think that name must be an homage.
Reed college? I had some wild times there. but the bands that I saw perform at Reed were nothing compared to the Arkestra.

7 Likes

Yeah man! The bands at Reed were local yocal jambands, but the parties were EPIC. Especially the Renn Fayres.

6 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. They were vegged for 50 days. The one on the left was flowered for 63 days and the right one 66 days.

My stalks tend to get large.

Those pictures are from two autoflowers.

13 Likes