Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I’d drop in on that wedding cake cross at the typical $65 but probably not at $100 TBH

4 Likes

I mean I’d go in half and split the seeds with you, already got a tee haha

3 Likes

Wookie destroyer sounds like a cool cross. I think I still prefer the last LE drop that I was lucky to get - congo kashmir x goldstar.

10 Likes

In talking to Miss_B a few months back, I think they’re trying to sell out of old stock before closing down the Etsy store. These might be some of your last chances to get bodhi seeds swag. Get it while it’s hot!

:fire:

Also, I ain’t mad at them for doing a mimosa or wedding cake cross. They put out so so so many other rare and unique crosses for us to choose from that it ain’t like they’re selling out. While it may not be my thing, one of the routine criticisms of bodhi seeds is that they don’t sell enough hype crosses. As they say,

25 Likes

I’d rather buy hype shit from bodhi than anyone else. Are they shuttering the whole company or just shutting down Etsy??

5 Likes

Just Etsy afaik. And it’s not a done deal 100% for sure thing that they’re going to shut it permanently, but it’s what they’re leaning towards.

12 Likes

Wait, so I won’t be able to get a Bodhi t-shirt later? Now that the weather’s cooling down a little, I’ve actually started wearing more clothes than just shorts and flip-flops. I’ve even been putting on a shirt haha. I’d kinda like to have some Bodhi clothes. Can I order that without ordering those seeds? I dunno anything about that Etsy shit.

For sure, dude. Neither am I. I’m never gonna fault Bodhi for anything, ever. Some people (a lot of people, really) like that Wedding Cake and those other strains. If Bodhi felt like he should make a cross of those, I’m not gonna criticize. I won’t buy those seeds, either, haha, but I’m not gonna get “mad” at him for doing that. At all.

11 Likes

You sure can. They have tshirts , tanks and sweaters. Also some other cool non-Bodhi spiritual stuffs.

6 Likes

I really liked the Wookie male (at least from the one girl I got to try). Seems to bring some unique terpenes to the mom cut. I think people like the wookie male for extracts too, it’s supposed to bring the flavor. But maybe it’s not everyone’s thing. I don’t think it’s known for potency or anything like that. I have a pack of Lemon Wookie v2 that I keep meaning to pop. Not super excited about the wedding cake cross though… the destroyer on the other hand :open_mouth:

9 Likes

“Unique” is one way to put it. “Gross” is another way haha. I’m just fucking around. Both Wookie crosses I grew were definitely “flavorful.” Unfortunately, I didn’t like the flavors.

I mean, the Pinball Wizard and the Cherry Trance were plenty strong. And the high was excellent on both of them. I wasn’t unhappy with that at all. I just really disliked the way they tasted. If those two crosses were the only weed I had access to, I’d be fine with it. But since we have so many seeds of stuff that smokes just as well and tastes better, I’m gonna skip the Wookie crosses. I’m certain a lot of people would really dig the way they tasted.

The flowers themselves were really weird, too. I wish you guys could’ve checked them out in-person. They felt dense, they were chunky, pretty rock-hard, actually. But they were light. It was bizarre. Almost like they were “hollow” or something. Never come across anything like that before. I dunno. Maybe I fucked up the drying process or something and made the flowers turn out that way.

You’re making me be like,”OKAY, FUCK THIS. I’M GONNA GROW SOME WOOKIE CROSSES NOW.” haha… Just kidding. I’m not gonna grow any. But somebody should…

9 Likes

Do you think it was the presence of Lavender that didn’t blend well? Can you put your finger on it? I have a pack of Wookie Orgasm I got as a freebie and the Orgasmatron in it makes me excited, but ppl seem to either really like or really dislike Wookie.

6 Likes

If you’re asking me if there was any sort of “lavender” flavor and that’s why I didn’t like it, no, I didn’t detect any lavender at all. I was expecting it, because Bodhi used that Lavender in the Wookie cross and all, but no, I didn’t get any sort of lavender. A “lavender” flavor may have been preferable, actually. It was like this sorta “cat piss” thing going on that I hated. The Pinball Wizard was also extremely lemony. Like fresh lemons (sorry to anybody who’s been on this thread for a while; I know I’ve talked about this a lot haha, but @anon20530495 asked, so…). I like those sorta “candied lemon/artificial lemon” flavors, but I can’t stand the taste of actual fresh lemons. I don’t like it in my food, I don’t like it in my weed. Again, probably a lot of people would really dig it, but I didn’t.

9 Likes

Yeah, man. Lavender really turns some folks off so thought that may be the reason. I hear ya with the ammonia-esque cat piss terps. It’s hit-or-miss also. I like both so 50% ain’t bad. Appreciate the elaboration.

4 Likes

For sure, dude. If you have some seeds of some Wookie crosses that you’re interested in, grow them! Don’t let me stop you. I’m not the Arbiter of Good Weed haha…

6 Likes

I just chopped one of Doc D’s Bandaid Haze’s. 26 weeks from seed, and I’m not sure it was even ready then. I screwed up the nutes. She hardly needed any.

7 Likes

I just find it interesting that out of all the appalachia crosses bodhi made, wookie is the one he chooses to breed with the most. I think Mother’s Milk might be second most bred with, and then maybe SSDD. MM and SSDD are definitely my favorites of the few things I’ve tried from Bodhi, so I’d have hope for the wookie too.

I only grabbed the Umeboshi which is Killer Queen(g13|c99) x Wookie #15(grapefruit lavender pheno?) which I think has some tasty mind-warping potential. And then some Space Monkey F2’s which everyone seems to be in love with. Seems there’s some hit or miss potential with the wookie… maybe thats why he’s tried so many variations.

14 Likes

i grew a few 88g13hp crosses and my absolute favorite one is cluster funk, flavor yield vigor and bag appeal thru the roof

12 Likes

Is that true, though? I feel like the GHash male is the most frequently-used. But I kind of skip over any Wookie cross, so maybe I’m just not paying attention. Still, it seems to me that those ‘88G13HP crosses are the most prevalent.

Shit, man, I missed that one, but that sounds amazing. A lil’ C99 never hurt anyone haha… I had one of the most amazing “cannabis experiences” ever after I smoked some C99 hash, so that strain will always have a special place in my heart. One of my favorite memories ever, weed or no weed. Laughed my ass off uncontrollably, couldn’t stop. And just from listening to my friend trying to order a pizza. We both lost it. Had to hang up the phone and try again like twenty minutes later. Good shit.

Anyway… You should grow that! Haha…

15 Likes

I’ve been looking at picking up a pack of Cluster Funk recently. I really don’t need any more seeds right now, but the 88g13hp genetics I’ve grown out have really impressed me, the structure and bud density has been amazing!
And mix that with a Chem! I might have to just grab a pack now haha.

9 Likes

I said

He chooses to use Wookie the most to breed with. The ghash isn’t an Appalachia cross :yum:

So yeah, you’d think he’d pick a golden triangle or something instead… hell, almost any thing other than the Lavender x Appalachia… so I think there’s gotta be something good in there, I’m just not sure what :sweat_smile:

I haven’t gotten to any of the ghash crosses yet but I do have like 7 to try eventually… I do wanna get to that Umeboshi before too long. Your C99 experience sounds fantastic and exactly what I’m after ^^

@SonsOfAvery
Minitiger did a run of those not too long ago and it’s been eating at me to get a pack ever since :joy:

13 Likes