Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

That looks awesome for being in 1 gallon of soil. What’s your feeding regiment to supplement what’s in the soil if you don’t mind me asking?

11 Likes

Wow, I’ve been considering popping those Copa beans ever since I got em. Looks amazing, great job.

5 Likes

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to source information on any of these? I tried to look around google a little bit, but maybe someone can internet a little better than I can haha. Any information is truly appreciated. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

8 Likes

I remember seeing a quick blurb about that Watermelon Hashplant somewhere a long time ago, maybe Cannavore’s Bodhi thread on icmag? I’ll see if I can find it…

Here’s the description from Bodhi:

Watermelon Hashplant (Annapurna National Forest, Nepali Himalayas; Village: Mileche; Elevation: 2000m)

an open pollination of 18 individuals hand collected in the nepali himalaya, this will be the first and only open pollination, the rest is up to you. there are plans to work the line selecting for early maturing dense and resinous individuals with a release of those in the future. theres alot of nepalis to work on so i want to do open pollinations, get them out and move on to the next one asap, before the germination levels drop too low. aroma: watermelon, tea rose, mountain flowers.”

I saw a picture of it somewhere, too. Mighta been on that same thread, different page or something, can’t find it right now. But it looked like a lot of those pics of Nepali strains you see, kinda scraggly and sorta “weatherbeaten,” haha.

I was curious if anybody knew anything about that Thai male that Bodhi’s using for that Dharma Bum and Zap. The only other Thai cross of B’s that I can think of off the top of my head is Genius Thai…

22 Likes

Man that watermelon hashplant would be an awesome one to find pure again, I thought I had heard bodhi talking about making more on the potcast. That one and the Ethiopian banana would be awesome to see come back around in pure form

10 Likes

It’s interesting with Thais, not a lot of people understand that the south has four wet seasons compared with two in north. So the north has more chance of more indica making it through naturally

9 Likes

I would definitely fall into that camp of “not a lot of people.” That’s cool to know though, Thai is a very mysterious collection of cultivars in my mind, no experience whatsoever (that I know of) but the reviews some people have of its effects make it super intriguing

8 Likes

Forget everything you know! Strains from humong people from north east Thailand Laos will be very different from the south Thai genetics well known for hermaphroditism

7 Likes

Check out aces China yunan for north meets south?

2 Likes

Sounds like the northern Thai might be more my speed if they’re more likely to have more indica-like traits to them, the speedy sativas don’t so much agree with me all the time.

4 Likes

Thanks! This one just has build a soil living soil and I top dressed with only some insect frass 1x.

9 Likes

Check out China yunan if they have Pakistani chitral cross that may suit? Golden tiger is a cross I think involving this and orient express Which may take 11 weeks? But interesting

4 Likes

I’ve thought about the PCK after I heard CSI humboldt talking about it, might have to get that one

1 Like

Thing with ace they will try to keep ingredients separate to conserve ingredients

2 Likes

Here’s a couple Nierika sativas from Annapurna so you can see how they grow:

Lower Ulleri Annapurna Nepali Himalaya

Upper Chuile Annapurna Region Nepal

And here’s an Acapulco Gold:

All been in the greenhouse since June. Most got too tall and are leaning over or had been bent over to get off the ceiling. All might not finish until 2022 :o

34 Likes

So here are two different providers of Bodhi seeds, but they have different logo’s what one is the Bodhi in this thread or are they both the same? I was thinking about giving them a try as GLG has a sale going right now on Bodhi beans…

https://www.breedersdirectseedco.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61_82&page=2

https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/bodhi-seeds/

Also if anyone know of a better place to acquire the Bodhi beans ?

Thanks for the help…

6 Likes

Looks like the super auto I grew called Annapurna . Got robbed on outdoor grow wasn’t anything like descriptions totally tropical mango and other exotic fruits

both are bodhi logos, the second link has what I believe is the new bodhi genetics logo and for sure if you can choose great lake genetics, best prices, promotions, and also be one of the official bodhi distributors.

:om: :prayer_beads:

14 Likes

Looks like BDSC is doing a pre-release on the Zap and Metal Haze

5 Likes

I just ordered two packs of the Zap, think I’m gonna skip that Metal Haze repro. I really wanted to wait until Thanksgiving and order from headies, just to support shoe, but I kept having visions of waking up on Thanksgiving morning and everything being gone.

14 Likes