Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Well, I mean, define “Sativa-leaning high.” Like I said, they smoked much more laid-back than I was anticipating. I was expecting more of a racy, maybe even edgy high that eventually evens out and keeps you pleasantly baked-yet-functional, but it wasn’t like that, if that’s what you mean. I recall one day in particular, smoking like half a joint and wanting to make some queso, but the thought of getting up to do it seemed pretty Herculean. I eventually did get up, made some, ate it and then crashed out. In fact, I remember the high being pretty consistently “dreamy.” But those were dreamy times… haha.

Again, the COVID weirdness, drunk… My sleep schedule was all fucked-up, I’d got to bed at 10pm, wake up at 2am and start doing the dishes and writing emails and shit, back to bed at 7am, up at 11am, nap around 2 or 3 etc etc etc. So I don’t know that I can give you a truly accurate description of the high. Like everybody else, I was in a weird place.

I feel like every f1 plant from any cross is gonna smoke differently from one another. That might not always be the case, but it usually is. So you could probably easily find something that has that sorta “teeth-gnashing” thing going on, if that’s what you mean by a “Sativa high.” But you have to plant the seeds to find out haha! Do it!

17 Likes

close. i grew the mountain temple not silver mountain

7 Likes

I don’t know if it would be worth it for you, I didn’t know how much you had invested. Really, I just wanted to share and I wasn’t knocking your grow at all. I’m familiar with BAS and I had their Oly Mnt v1 a few years ago, but I think that they changed it up since then. They had this product “Big 6” to address manganese issues, which is one of my biggest problems. Supposedly, Dr. Faust that created Ful-Power and TM-7 made Big-6 just for BAS based on their soil reports… There was another test that I was getting that a lot of people were trashing me for on RIU, it’s called “Soil Savvy” and it’s less than $30 and EVERYTHING is included like postage and lab fees(no recommendations though). I wouldn’t spend money on testing until you have the equipment that you need. I was just trying to be friendly and share something that has helped me up my game. Like I said, your stuff has been looking good and I would feel bad if I get you off track… Usually, when I talk people into getting their soil tested, they realize that they are very low in micronutrients. A Soil Savvy test would show you that much, but then you have to figure out how to fix it. I found that certain inputs didn’t add the nutrients that I expected, like I think that Kelp is over-used and most rock dust is crap(from a micronutrient standpoint). If you are using rock dust, try some greensand it’s one of the very few inputs that has Mn. I’m rattling on again, sorry…

10 Likes

The Logan Labs test report is so hard to read though. If someone wants to go the Mehlich 3/Saturated Paste without a recommendation, I would suggest looking at Spectrum Analytic because at least they give you a bar graph with target values. The soil agronomist that I use places an order for me at Logan Labs, I print the forms off, and mail it to Logan Labs from my house. Logan Labs is so complicated that it’s very easy to mess up. What I mean is that they have a “scoop” that is supposed to weight 2g when testing ground soil, but soilless medium will weight a lot less. So, you have to tell the labs to weight the soilless medium and not use their “Scoop”. The guy’s name that I have been using is Bryant Mason and I found him on a YouTube podcast talking about Manganese.

9 Likes

I remember that in the RIU bodhi thread - kinda nuts that it was so controversial :rofl:… farmers always get their soil tested its a no brainer.

8 Likes

Yeah, when I got my results, I was like,”Okay, what am I supposed to do with this…?” haha. I just emailed them and whoever I emailed got right back to me and told me what I needed to add. I didn’t have to pay extra for that. Also told me to flush with three times the volume of water to soil (high sodium levels), which would’ve been an insane amount of water. So I just put that soil in my back yard and mixed up a new batch.

Now that I think about it, I may have sent it to a place in CA, not Logan Labs. Never mind haha! @supershitfuck Just google something like “California soil testing” when you’re ready to get a soil test. That way you can get it tested relatively local and not be sending stuff all across the country. I’ll see if I can find the place I sent it to. Wish I’d have saved those emails…

8 Likes

Peace All. I have amazing news for all who missed out or all who just want more. Just got a msg from Ms. Bodhi that she will still give freebie and now a 10% discount from now till she can get rid of all. Waiting on her permission to screenshot but I told her I was an OGer and would spread on OG.
Stay safe, be well and GROW HARD :fist:t5::call_me_hand:t5:

EDIT… ETSY store ish

18 Likes

Order of convo a bit messed up but U get it

8 Likes

oh cool this is out, but he didn’t release the pinesoul chemdog i mentioned earlier this is probably the “bodhi cut” goji right?

and another one with bodhi male it seems : Old Yogo ** NEW DROP (88g13hp x reversed Chemdog pollen x Chemdog Bx3)

11 Likes

yep, that’s a bodhi “pinesoul” cut

6 Likes

Peace @supershitfuck . Plz excuse my ignorance, but what is lucky dog and is that a Chemdawg seed company (meaning from Chem??)

4 Likes

@7ANJA7OD

it’s skunk_va’s seed company. skunk_va is the guy who held onto a chemdog cut for something like 27 years. he’s the real deal. i spoke with him at a cannabis convention about a week ago, cool dude.

11 Likes

@anonymous4289
Thanks for the info. To rich for me rn, but good to know. Peace​:v:t5::fist:t5:

4 Likes

Shoe from headies is providing these cheaper than that. Hit him up.

10 Likes

@grief
Also good to know. Thank U. :fist:t5:

3 Likes

i was kinda just pointing out that skunk_va is breeding something with a bodhi strain

5 Likes

i posted a week or so ago on here 2 seperate skunk_va posts, he bred one strain with “goji og” and another one with “pinesoul” but they are both goji og, different cuts as far as i understand, either way, i want 'em

6 Likes

i know haha, yeah i peeped their big 6, i was already thinking about asking 'em if that’s kind of the pre made re-amment for old soil, they also have that too, but yeah thanks man good advice i know one day i’m going to have to do soil testing

6 Likes

Hey all,

I’m looking to trade for an unopened pack of Bodhi’s ‘BCSC northern lights #5’, not a northern lights cross. If anyone has a pack I’m willing to trade an unopened pack of Bodhi’s ‘Purple Unicorn F5s’, or an unopened pack of Bodhi’s ‘Cherry Queen’.or an unopened pack of Bodhi Lemon Lotus. I could always add in the strains i’ve made. Let me know.

I posted into the seed trade thread but figured i’d get more action in this thread with all the bodhi heads.

8 Likes

I know it’s not Bodhi NL5, but if you come up empty handed and still want some verified NL lines, Farmerjoe420 has an NL1 pure line available. Most NL lines I wouldn’t trust, but FJ is legit.

12 Likes