Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I’ve grown a few SSDD’s. I have a pm issue, so I sweep them every day with a clearlight uv-c thing, and the SSDD’s haven’t had pm, or botrytris while other strains have… knock on wood! I do try to keep the RH in the grow space below 60%. In the summer I have a dehuey running 24/7. 70% could be a problem.

SSDD is my desert island weed. I try to always have at least one going.

This one is going now, 49 days.

SSDD 49 days

SSDD 49 days (1)

SSDD 49 days (2)

Yours look great!

48 Likes

Those are both some really nice shots of SSDD.

Early sampling of a few different Black Triangles leaves me with the impression that they are very similar to the Devil’s HP I sampled. Might be worth exploring for those who are chasing Black Triangle and missed out on last release. Would be interested to hear the differences and similarities between Bodhi’s Green Curry OG/Diablo OG and Triangle.

16 Likes

Here’s the lone Soar (Colombian Red x OMG) female I ended up with, took pics tonight at day eight of flower:

I’m thinking she’s super-OMG-leaning.

Here’s a Smart Move (Genius Thai x OMG) I grew a while back, day 11 of flower:

They look reeeaaalllllly similar. Same lack of stretch, too.The leaves on that Smart Move were a little narrower, but structure-wise, they’re identical. I loved that OMG-leaning Smart Move I grew, really good smoke, so hopefully that Soar will smoke kind of the same. Might be even better. You never know…

37 Likes

With SSDD from what I have seen and always read , it is the wizard hat I would be looking for. Lost track of how many people have said that over the years.
Both of what you folks shared look to be great examples of the wizard hat.
Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

21 Likes

I’ve had what I call the wizard hat pheno pop up a few times, but only in F2’s and F3’s. I can’t find pics, but they were smallish buds, very pointy, and with a very distinct brim. TBH, I didn’t find them to be better, or worse, than any other pheno. Very good, but not outstanding, at least to me.
Out of 5 packs, a lot of F1 clones, and a bunch of F2’s & 3’s, this sort of non-descript one has been my favorite.
With SSDD, the nerve pain relief is what I grow it for, but I don’t mind that it smells great, tastes great, is stickier than yellow traps, and has no ceiling.
I guess my point is, don’t discount any SSDD phenos until you try 'em yourself. It’s a surprising smoke :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Feel free to put the spirit train updates in the spirit train thread!!

11 Likes

Ur in for a treat with that spirit train, 10-12 week finisher but monster nugs/cola with some nice frost. My specimen isn’t the biggest or tallest plant in my garden but def the biggest bud/cola by at least double

14 Likes

I didn’t mean that as to ignore other phenos , my apologies . I was just pointing out that time and time again I see it mentioned as " The One " when it comes to SSDD.
It is the nerve pain effectiveness that makes SSDD the one that got away for me lol

16 Likes

Will do @newb2.0

I hope shes a she kuz she’s looking good so far. @AzSeaindooin420

7 Likes

:+1: I knew you weren’t :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, what an incredible specimen!! Im really looking forward to growing this out one day. I may have to get to these sooner than later, that smoke report has peaked my interest, thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

mango lotus i’d trade you a pack! i specifically told 'em to add this pack even if it wasn’t in the freebie list and they did thanks @Great_lakes_Genetics

11 Likes

i found a photogenic mountain temple in my photos, i don’t think i tried it yet, been curing for 6ish months by now, but i remember this one being small frosty and grapey, i think i had like 20 mountain temple females in my last grow, super shitty at keeping notes

these smaller, leafier phenos are better than the “big hairy bud” phenos

49 Likes

Great photos and even more beautiful plant. What kind of camera are you using?

7 Likes

its a canon t2i that’s maybe 15 years old, i put that one thru hell, anything made in japan is unkillable

11 Likes

Dude judging by your photos here your house is the place to be if you’re looking for a good sesh

7 Likes

my grow isnt even at my house, but fuck yeah haha i have way too much weed

2 Likes

Is it true you once killed a cop bro ? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

haha nah but that is a stupid username to have, i actually made a new account to steer away from that but it got banned oh well

5 Likes

Mango hashplant day 49

Smells like pink lemonade, really sweet. Buds are nice and dense.

39 Likes