Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Yeah no kidding man. Jager and then absinthe especially have that strong anise taste… and I hate licorice / anise already. Ugh.

11 Likes

Looking at old pictures found some that I still like :

Space Monkey (pine pheno)

and some pollen chucks -

Granola Funk F2 x Goji OG – very strong artificial berry smell

Granola Funk F2s (3 different phenos, far right Headband x GF)

Gfunk F2s

39 Likes

This one at least had an interesting head high. More dissociative than normal weed. Less cloudy/high/uplifted and more just dreamy and a bit depersonalized with the heavy body numbing sensation. Still definitely a head high of sorts going on - not totally clear. But, an effect I associate with other substances more than just the normal “being high on weed”

I have to think that snuggle funk recommendation is a good one as this black diamond cut seemed very heavily black domina dom. No OG flavors despite it being an OG cross. All deep / spicy / creamy kush flavors like bubba but a little less sweet.

12 Likes

Judging only by the emails i used to get from GLO Seedbank and G& L Aparrel, someone there has erratic behavior. The owner has apologized to customers online for “bi-polar” (his words) issues.
The seeds are cheap but i read of others who found the place sketchy and had poor customer service.

8 Likes

I found this info re Jager. There’s a newer Jager (La Confidential x Blue Dream) and this orig. Jager i remember from 10+ years ago.

(from allbud.com)
“ Jager is Purple Hindu Kush (Hindu K x Purple Afghan) renamed by the collective growers in Cave Junction, Oregon. 7 years ago (2012) nobody was buying Purple Hindu Kush because of the over-supply, so they renamed it after their favorite drink while in their favorite CJ bar.
June 2019”

I’m hoping it’s this older Jager that Bodhi used. Awesome heavy body muscle-melt effects. It made me physically weak. I couldn’t even do 1 pull-up after smoking it!
And yes @minitiger , it has an up, happy Not-sleepy head high. It’s what i’m waking and baking with atm.

11 Likes

Very cool! What’d you pick up - something bodhi or strayfox? :slight_smile: I sent BIGSHOE a bunch of the same ones that went out here in preservation seed run boxes. Pura Vida F2, Wolfpack F2 (made by @Greenhighlander), Good Medicine F2, and Dank Zappa F2 (made by @Torontoke).

If I have any more Cheech Wizard F2 left after sorting the remaining shuck, I’ll send them to him to include as freebies as well. Gotta support the good people in the community who are doing things right!

Agreed with what @BudWhisperer said. I think you can find what you’re looking for in some high CBD indica crosses. This might be the only time when dispensary weed is useful for anything other than compost, since at least their testing lets you know that there’s probably a good amount of CBD in the ones labeled as such. I found a 2:1 cbd:thc from a dispo that had this effect once. One of the only times weed has made me sleepy because it numbed my body so much.

Also agree with what everyone’s said about GLO aka G&L Apparel. It’s a scam. He’s screwed over so so so many people over the years, I honestly don’t know why bodhi still sends him anything other than bodhi’s a kind and generous guy who’s very forgiving.

And, to end on a high note, here’s Cheech Wizard #11 earning her name.

And here’s Cheech Wizard #10 the feral hippie who decided to switch sides while we were out of town and threw a few nanners in buds. She’s an interesting combo of #7 and #11 but the instability got her kicked off the island.

CW10 is coming down today, day 70F, but the rest are going to go a bit longer. Full updates to come in the preservation thread.

:peace_symbol: :sun_with_face:
:rainbow_flag:

48 Likes

Cave Junction! Anyone ever been to the Oregon Vortex or House of Mystery?

3 Likes

those cheech wizard are looking amazing @nube ! :kissing: :pinching_hand:

7 Likes

I dunno if I buy that story. The Jager that my friend gave me had such a distinct smell (again, exactly like Jagermeister) that I find it hard to believe that somebody could simply quit calling it Purple Kush and dispensary buyers (or any buyers) would be like,”Oh, so this is a new and different strain? And not the Purple Hindu that we already have so much of?” It would be obvious that it’s the same strain, just because of the smell.

Or maybe not. Maybe the people running dispensaries in Oregon are just that dumb. I’ve been to dispensaries, most of the people working at them are idiots, so yeah, I guess it’s possible. Highly unlikely, but possible.

16 Likes

True, It does seem unlikely that just changing the name would fool people into buying Purple Kush. But like how Blue Dream oversaturated the market w crappy grown flowers, if you had a good batch of Blue Dream and called it “Sapphire Nite-Nite”, people might buy it. Most dispo. customers are not as experienced with weed as we growers are.

9 Likes

@nube, I’m still trying to get oriented here, got a link?

She’s a beaut :yum:

8 Likes

Yeah! It’s pretty easy to find if you use the search button up next to your avatar in the upper right, which is also easy to miss, but here’s the direct link:

:sun_with_face:

10 Likes

what did you think of that pinequeen x snowlotus? Did you ever grow it out?

6 Likes

I did not. I was (at the time) not into doing a haze-dom. sativa. Esp. crossed to Pineapple which for me can be wasy too “extrema sativa” for my needs. Kind of like how haze or a C99 is good for computer work or video gaming. But hard to talk with other people at work while being “all in my head” high.

True story: i once got too medicated like w Sour Diesel during lunch, that i barfed in my work trashcan right after i got back to my desk! Fortunately i got back early, so no one saw or heard it.

16 Likes

Who’s grown out the cherry queen? I’ve been pretty interested in growing an OMG cross and that one’s popped out as looking interesting to me.

12 Likes

Over on rollitup it got great reviews. It’s supposed to have a ton of the Myrcene terpene. It’s in the top 3 of strains “want someday” atm.
Nikah (TK x OMG) also looks killer if you want more “daytime” OG-like effects.

9 Likes

I had just picked up a pack from GLG so I was doing some searches over on RIU and saw that report. I’ll see if I can pull it up.

@BudWhisperer why don’t you do myrcene??

6 Likes

13 Likes

Oh i love that shit! Myrcene. Just don’t want to spend $ right now. For myrcene, I got a Raspberry HP pack that’ll be very nice when i get time.

7 Likes

Good job! Finding that chart. That much myrcene is unreal i think? That is a goddamn RELAXING strain going by that sample tested.

7 Likes