Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Just anecdotally, I hate using those pellets for germination, some people have good luck, but I always get bad rates. It could just be the seeds though… which bank did you get them from? I’d let that one ride, sometimes a layer of ‘skin’ from inside the seed gets stuck to the cotyledons, I usually try and pull them off with tweezers carefully if possible.

16 Likes

Oh didn’t realize you popped a whole pack. What is your process?
I second what @twistedinfinity says though.

9 Likes

Curious how you germinated them. Seems extremely unlikely for this to happen with an entire pack of bodhi’s gear without either A. damage or something before you attempted to germinate them. B. issues with germination technique. Really sorry to hear about your struggles!

10 Likes

i soak in a glass for about a day, then put them in jiffy pellets and then into a dome. same method i’ve used many times with great success. I probably messed up somehow…

on the one that popped the 2 leaves are very stiff but not stuck together, weird lol.

8 Likes

Don’t see anything wrong with that. Yeah, if your confident in your process then I’d contact the distributor and take it from there.
Wish you luck , that’s a disappointment for sure!

7 Likes

Here is my DLA4:

Pheno 1:

Pheno 4:

Pheno 5:

Here you can see the F2 open pollination:

45 Likes

man im stoked to see this ive got a pack of DLA4 in the fridge right now, hows the smoke?

17 Likes

i loved the smoke legs, i only had one female out of half the pack and she was a beast, she got bot rot towards the end of the season so she came down a bit early, but honestly it was some of the most interesting uplifting effects ive had in a long time… i found myself unexpectedly very disoriented, which is unusual nowadays. The smell gradually cured from a tobacco/leathery type of smell and turned into a more sweet/marshmallow… pretty unusual odors entirely. i still have the other half a pack and i ordered another from GLG so i can go through more and maybe find something a little tougher outside, gonna roll one right now, have a great one good people

11 Likes

Serious give it a week! if they can push soil they can push leafs apart. I have had helmet head glue the tips together and the first leafs just pop out the side. keep them moist and don’t lose hope.

9 Likes

old soul #6 drying at day 8, so i smoked some right off the plant, the clusters and outside leaves are pretty dry but the stems that attach them together not yet, i cranked up the humidity, we got these warm dry intense winds and it sucked the humidity out of my drying thing and the humidifier couldn’t keep up, it hovered at 47% rh for 48 hours, i’m not happy it got a little too dry, but i hooked up a real humidifier in there now it’s around 58-65% rh … ANYWAYS the smoke was incredible, super fucking piney! crazy flavor! i wish i could freeze the flavor in time right now!! the cured smoke is pretty different, no pine, i love pine! i’m surprised it’s in there at some point

i’m trying to achieve 60f 60% 16 days but i kinda fucked up already, i’m not used to weather being a thing in los angeles

37 Likes

Ssdd 9 weeks

39 Likes

Hi LegsMahoney,

it is a heavy indica smoke. Let me sleep any time of the day.
It tastes earthy, sweet and like ice water hash. Pheno 1 tastes slightly lemon.
Pheno 4 kinda sweet.
Pheno 5 tastes like sweet bubble hash.

Have fun with your DLA4 beans, i recommend them.

25 Likes

Couple of dried flowers from Dragons Blood x Apollo 11.
Lovely smooth smoke, not particularly loud, but noticeably creamy/buttery smell, with a hint of vanilla and mango.
Nice sativa effects, very menatally stimulating, but with enough of a body hit, great daytime smoke, but can be a little racy for some

57 Likes

yes! i need a new sleepy time smoke. thank you for the recommendation

9 Likes

47%’s fine for the first few days. I shoot for fifty percent for the first three or four days and then slowly increase up to sixty percent for the remaining ten days. When I can haha. Doesn’t always work out that way. I bought one of those humidity controller things for the humidifier I run in the drying area a while back, looking forward to busting it out soon. But even the Uplifts that I grew a while back that suffered through a drying disaster (super-high humidity followed by super-low humidity, dried out way too quickly) turned out extra-gooey. You should be fine.

Those Santa Ana’s are such a bitch. They’re supposed to start blowing again later today, too, so… Brace yourself. I used to think that rainy weather was my least-favorite kinda weather, but now I really love it when it rains. I can’t fucking stand windy weather, though. So annoying, especially when it comes to anything grow-related.

16 Likes

nice, thanks for relieving my anger towards dry air. I don’t want to loose flavor, but i’ve quick dried the most flavorful weed, now that i think about it. oh is that what’s its called, santa ana winds? i think you already told me that haha, fuck them dry ass winds! i have the humidity controller too, set up so it kicks in when it gets down to 58% and stops at 63%

12 Likes

the durban in girl scout cookies is the durban in cherry pie and durban pie. cherry pie is an old bay area strain, which is durban x grandaddy purple. durban pie is cherry pie x durban.

the durban we had in the bay area was a cash crop, quick and probably not a pure sativa. (but durban usually isn’t pure.)

cherry pie was an indica dominant hybrid. durban pie had more sativa in the high, but still grew like a chunky indica.

You don’t see the cherry pie or durban pie around any more. only cookies.

21 Likes

I live in the bay area and have since before cherry pie and then cookies were a thing. I don’t think c pie has any durban in it. jmo though! It’s totally possible that there’s some durban somewhere in it’s lineage but either way it’s been bred completely away from it. Only thing I know for sure is in cherry pie and cookies is urkle :+1:

Seedfiner.com or w.e lists cherry pie as a durban x gdp cross but, I think those sites etc just are not really very accurate. I doubt anyone actually knows what the lineage of cherry pie is. And anyone who says they know for sure is either being disingenuous or regurgitating info someone else said.

Were you part of the breeding of cherry pie @zephyr ? Curious where your info comes from.

9 Likes

Homes found. TY

22 Likes

@corey I know you were saying pure afghani indica, but here’s an artifact Afghani x g13hp
Just thought you might want a heads up

3 Likes