Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Thanks for having me Crunch! Those ladies have legs!
Ya know, it should be perfect in time for you to come help take down my ST’s :thinking::drooling_face:

5 Likes

Good Lord you Bodhi folks pack on the replies! Part one was closed and now part two is rocking. Lol first time poster here but I’ve been around. I have not read every single post in this thread but I don’t see a lot of love for the phone home which I just started. It seems like such an incredible combo. TK and wookie. Are you kidding me? Stay frosty my friends. Here are my six phone home babies in cups waiting to be sexed in the weeks ahead.

29 Likes

Yeah buddy! “Uh families, we’ll be in the basement for the next hour or so and don’t want to be disturbed.”

2 Likes

Another re-post from a different forum, but on the topic of GG4xSSDD :

GG4 x SSDD Freebie

Smells pretty strong, but not the strongest (8/10). Chocolate coffee rubber chem is my best attempt at describing the smells. A bit leafier and not as frosty as Space Monkey or GG4 RIL, but still sufficient trichome coverage. Similar flower morphology to all the SSDD (*except bubbashine pheno) that I’ve tried but slightly better calyx to leaf ratio. Trichomes are a bit on the stickier side than Space Monkey which felt powdery to me. The effects are very nice and lean towards SSDD in my opinion. Great night time medicine for relaxing. Has much more of what most people label a traditional “Indica experience” vs Space Monkey’s more hybrid effects. Was labeled Outdoor Only but didn’t notice any intersex traits. My first experience with the SSDD father, would definitely be interested in sampling some more.

42 Likes

Maine does it again! I’m gonna have to give those guys a follow and pick up some beans just to show love. Anyone who’s tight with B and doing work on the east coast, especially one artificial land border away from me deserves some support in my book. Never had either the GG4 or B’s SSDD so maybe I’m the target market for that release :face_with_monocle::rofl:

13 Likes

I’m parting with some Bodhi seeds and others shipping to Canada only.

11 Likes

That’s pretty much the crux of the matter. And, even if he didn’t give his blessing explicitly, he’s in a lose/lose situation if he calls someone out publicly, which he’d never do anyway.

In terms of other breeders, I judge them by the hyperbole they use and how many brag posts they make and how competitive they approach growing cannabis. I’m of the opinion that less is more in every regard. I’m a big fan of bodhi because he doesn’t do that type of shit. He’s humble and quiet and doesn’t toot his own horn or brag about his seed collection or his latest purchases or post pics of generic cookies crosses claiming they’re something special. People could learn a thing or two from him.

With very rare exceptions, I see almost no value in line work for retail release without meticulous public documentation of all the goals, intervening selections and clones kept along the way. How else would I, as the consumer, know what the heck I’m buying? Otherwise, it’s just the same old sleazy marketing this industry is known for.

To bring it back on topic (yes please to moving other breeders’ discussion to their own threads), here’s some of bodhi’s Cheech Wizard a week before harvest:

56 Likes

So I asked Copa about a picture they posted of a pack to see if something good was found. The response was it was in storage, and that they were approaching 900 Bodhi packs.

900 Bodhi packs.

14 Likes

@nube those look great

5 Likes

That multiple people probably wanted to grow and tried to get.

I’m sure they’re doing the world a lot of good there.

20 Likes

I understand buying seeds a couple grows in advance to make sure you get what you want. Planning makes great grows. But hoarding seeds just seems like a waste of time, not to mention drives up the price of packs for all of us for no freakin reason.

Back to bodhi- Got some dla #9 going right now. I’m in veg now but they are smelling like kushy Irish springs bar soap with that distinct 88g13hp baby powder smell. Really unique.

Only have three of them as my cat is a fiend for cannabis foliage, and decided to break into the veg room to have a feast of the rest.

Oh well.

20 Likes

There is a fine line between collecting seeds and hoarding them. Lots of people collect seeds.

19 Likes

I agree. Even though I have around 50 Bodhi packs, only a couple are double packs. But I am just a simple hobby grower.

Copa is a breeder/seed maker. Obviously you gotta have more packs to find that fire, so I get it……… but at some point, start popping 10 packs at a time or something. Roll through it!!

16 Likes

Always. It’s pretty easy to tell the difference between people who do this shit for the right reasons and people who do it for the wrong ones. Or it is to me, anyway.

And even less value in working something like a GG4/SSDD cross to f6. But what do I know? Maybe there is… Anyway, that Copa thread got started, I’m following it.

Cheech Wizards are looking awfully good, btw, looking forward to the smoke report in a couple months.

And since I realize not everybody here follows my grow reports (and to keep this post Bodhi-related), here’s the lone Soar female I ended up with this round. She’s an extreme-OMG-leaner, no Colombian Red that I can see at all.

Flower day 50 (yesterday):

She really does look done to me, but I’m gonna wait until day 56 and chop her when I chop the Skycuddler Kush that I have growing. Smells unreal, very stinky, very loud. Very sticky, too.

47 Likes

Hopefully you get some of the Colombian effects :smiley:

12 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for! Like how Bodhi described those Big Sur Holy Bud seeds as “a Sativa high masterfully bred towards an Indica frame.” Definitely hoping the same thing happens with that Soar.

17 Likes

I’m finding, possibly due to the number of seed packs I already own and still want to grow, that I’m starting to sour on the whole “seed sale” market, especially when so many seed makers use the standard social media blitz campaign from development through drop.

It feels to me like we’re reaching a critical mass of seed makers and I expect we’re going to start seeing some of the actual breeders exit the market. Like @nube said, line work for retail release seems almost worthless. The people doing that level of work are far overshadowed by the ones making as many hype x hype seeds or hype x hype reversal seeds they can churn out in a month. Hell, even actual breeders like Nspecta need to show massive seed pops when they start new projects these days in order to get people to stay interested in their work.

It’s not too hard to see which social media seed makers are in it for reasons that don’t necessarily mesh with mine, too. Just watch how often they also post about crypto, mushrooms, GME/AMC/“stonks” in addition to the status of their next drop.

To keep it Bodhi related, I have a couple Soul Axis seedlings getting bigger every day. This is the one that felt like the right choice for this run. I was literally just trying to remember which other Bodhi pack was decided against and I can’t come up with it. Cosmic significance or forgetfulness?

16 Likes

just so that im on the same page here, when we’re saying that line work to that level is pointless, are we sayin that because of how fast the seed market moves? and that the vast population of the seed buying public wants the cut of the day mashed up with other hype strains vs. meticulously worked lines? i always assumed the best way to deliver stable genetics in seed form was to work the lines for a long time like that, so it seems like more people doing that would be a good thing, in that we’re not just getting a larger population of unworked, hyped up F1s. but i wanna better understand the sentiment here since i got a lot of respect for the heads in this thread.

13 Likes

Or the political/covid posts :weary::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I think there’s a market for both honestly. There will always be the ones chasing the names and then there will be the ones searching out true quality.

13 Likes