Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

My entire seed collection has been frozen for years, haven’t had any issues germinating anything so far. Hopefully that continues. There are some seed varieties (other plants) that can’t be frozen but so far no issues with weed. Wish me luck otherwise I’m fucked :stuck_out_tongue:

I can almost guarantee there’s going to be people that buy multiple packs of these and they will appear for sale for much more than the original price down the road.

I don’t know Bodhi personally or anything but being one of the most popular seed makers for the last 5+ years it seems odd that he wouldn’t be making much money off of the hundreds of crosses he’s made / thousands of seed packs he’s sold. I’d honestly probably rather he raised his prices if need be than go work for someone like Berner. I know the seedbanks get some kind of cut but I don’t think he’d have any trouble at all doing direct to consumer sales either. People do what they gotta do but for some people this will likely tarnish his reputation in their minds, and I don’t really blame them.

15 Likes

$500 a pack is one thing (albeit seems a tad ridiculous to me), but stating that cash is the only form of payment accepted seems even more greasy, being that it is being sold in a brick and mortar storefront. Berner better hope the IRS doesn’t come digging, but hey, washing half a million dollars can’t be that hard I guess?

11 Likes

Aren’t Cookies stores dispensaries? Usually a cash business.

5 Likes

Cash means no refunds and no chargebacks. If the $500 pack of seeds that you need to freeze before popping, doesn’t germ, there’s no one to go to. Can’t go to Visa and say they sold you a bunk pack and you want your money back.

I guess you could go on their secret forum for this pack and raise hell, but fuck that.

9 Likes

Yeah, honestly I have never stepped foot in a dispensary, let alone a Cookies store. Seems like it would be much more difficult for the government to get all of their tax dollars if there was only a cash money trail to go by.

Thanks for the clarification on the matter.

5 Likes

In 06 ndnguy gave me the last ten f1seeds he had that he made with swampy.
Was called g13 x bsh and I was told it was g13 crossed with a butterscotch hawiian.
The butterscotch Hawaiian was a Hawaiian x afghan according to what I was told then.
Out of the ten f1 I did A open pollination with 3 males and 4 females.
That was the f2 gen and I sent him back about a half pound of seeds all marked as to which female.
I see its lineage has changed into 88hp\g13 and A couple others.
Later on I sent him some f4 I think and I have taken it out to f12.
I don’t put much stock on cannabis"strains" as reliable anymore.
Either the plants are great or they aint.

27 Likes

yeah and theres always a small chance that this $500 pack is worth it, if youre self relying on sales to live, better sell some shit! tell the people to freeze them motherfuckers for 2 weeks and get your overall sales way up, im sure its already done him good (moneywise) just this “clout” theres no bad publicity!

like wow hes selling $500 packs but i can get some other ones for $45 what a score! go bodhi!

9 Likes

The mindset at the time was make seeds with the best you have…I fully subscribe to that still.
I see bohdi packs for $45 for 11 reg. seeds.
Seems more than fair to me for someone that’s looking for beans.
If everyone did a seedrun every couple years and traded we would be golden.

13 Likes

This has already happened. The California state regulating bodies forced berner to rebrand his company and strain from “Girl Scout Cookies” to just “cookies.”

I sure hope it happens again as the brand attempts to expands into other state legalized markets.

I think Berner used the name “girl scout cookies” as an attention grab / publicity stunt. local girl scout troops in San Francisco had already been setting up in front of dispensaries for years to sell cookies. Almost every year, the local fox news station KTVU would do a marijuana demonization story with man on the street interviews about whether it was harmful for children to be around dispensaries.

Of course when berner named a strain “girl scout cookies” the same station reported on it when the girl scouts set up that year. That was how he got so much word of mouth about the strain early on. Regardless of the quality or integrity of the genetics.

This kind of exploitative behavior made the entire medical community look bad, and is one of the factors that invited tougher regulation when prop 64 rec legalization rolled around. Including regulations about strains that appeal to children or use recognizable brand names.

13 Likes

I thought it was because of legal pressure from the Girl Scouts that he had to rebrand from GSC to just Cookies. Just like how Gorilla Glue #4 is just GG4.

The government will be the ones to say Cookies is too far and will have to rebrand again to something children wouldn’t want.

6 Likes

aaand reposting my old berner joke:

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again-
Berner is the real life equivalent of pizza the hut.

18 Likes

They have a secret forum??

Desire to know more intensifies, lol

6 Likes

Yea all the people that bought a pack get an invite to a secret forum or discord or something where they all do a huge pheno hunt and come up with a name or something. I think the person who has the best cut will get some special cut from Bodhi or Berner. It honestly just sounds like they want all these people to be testers and report in one area.

22 Likes

Yeah, sounds like it.

6 Likes

How many people with those 932 seed packs do you all think will actually join the discord and start the seeds? and how many will just sit on the seed packs to re-sell, or simply stash them away as collectibles?

Past experience indicates, likely very few. Bodhi always wrote in the old neirika seed trust descriptions that they were limited releases, intended to be grown out and preserved, a subtle request for people to document their grows.

Instead, the most overzealous internet shoppers would snap up all the packs right away. And no one would ever see the strains grown out. Instead, about 4 years later, we see the unopened packs pop up as the buyers privately resell them at inflated prices.

I suspect a lot of these seeds will go to the baseball card collectors. But who knows, maybe this will be different because its a local release in a brick and mortar store.

18 Likes

Yeah but every now and then a strain will come along that just doesn’t do it for you. That’s a blessing rather than a bad thing, there’s something for everyone but not everything is a make up that suits. Just shows how different combinations of cannabinoides work different and can benefit different individuals in different ways

3 Likes

I used to buy a strain called juicy fruit from coffee and dreams in Leiden Netherlands. It was an up high then at end of night have a joint of the northern lights special or some k2 from round corner, you could get 100 guilders bags which had to be discreet because it was not legal. Coffee and dreams used to do loyalty cards like McDonald’s, fill the nine squares get a free bag. Well the juicy fruit was sensi seeds what is now fruity juice, the story is wriggleys got involved so they changed name.
Or what was told to me so open verdict

10 Likes

Very much like ticket touting, or buy to rent I think? It’s a commodity to be traded with them

6 Likes

Cherry Lotus or Everything x Big Sur Holy Bud?.. and no the answer cannot be both lol

8 Likes

Cherry lotus because I’ve always been curious to see some grown out kinda surprised to still see available @2minTurkish

3 Likes