Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

If the results bear fire I’m in favor of people line working Bodhi gear.

11 Likes

the brewery analogy is interesting. same goes there though, there are the breweries that open and go for the big flavor of the month in hopes to be bought up by one of the giants, and then there are the ones that try to do the real quality and serve the customer base.
My area is full of small scale breweries that cater to the consumer over trying to be bought out. and they have loyal fan base for it.

8 Likes

Didn’t know this existed in VA outside of Tidewater. Even Richmond’s craft beer scene isn’t too exciting.

5 Likes

I know this might sound kind of… whatever, but just get the fuck off of social media. Seriously, it’ll make you feel so much better. I didn’t even create an IG account until about a year-and-a-half ago and when I did and I started looking around, I really was just like,”I don’t get it. It’s just a bunch of advertising.” Like, it exists solely for the purpose of self-promotion. Or that’s what it seems like to me, anyway. Which is kinda cool, I guess, for the people who can’t get mentions anywhere else, but I mean… There’s no real information there. It’s essentially just ads.

I’ll log on a few times a month, but just because I’ve exhausted all of my other internet options haha. But in general, the only thing I’ve gotten from IG is that it exposes me to that which I don’t wanna be exposed. Namely, the mass market. The general public. The people who I’ve spent my entire life kind of eliminating from my world and avoiding haha!

Again, though, that’s only if you’re actually on social media. I think that people doing real work, not necessarily line-breeding, but at least being picky and choosy about the plants they use to make even just f1’s (like Bodhi) will always have a following. They maybe just won’t “blow up” on IG, which, good. But I mean, look at this Bodhi thread, specifically. How many other dedicated breeders’ threads on this site (or any site, really) have so many posts that the thread reached the “5000 limit” and a second thread had to be created? I think of it like Wilco or Sonic Youth or any other band that just kept doing their thing and doing their thing and, eventually, they’re playing at the Hollywood Bowl. Or the Greek, anyway haha. The cream eventually rises to the top.

That also has to do with how little exposure people have to craft beer/wine. Anheuser Busch pays big money to keep their products and only their products on grocery store and liquor store shelves. But it also goes back to what I was saying about the general public, the mass market, whatever: they don’t really care. There’s no intellectual curiosity there. There’s no anything there. They’re dumb!

And yes, I AM a snob haha.

21 Likes

same here in our area of VT, people are religious about the local breweries they support

4 Likes

By no means the best but they are working on it :wink:
Getting far off topic now :joy:

2 Likes

So how about those Bodhi buds ?

43 Likes

StrawberryTemple Day 60 today!

41 Likes

One of my four Good Medicine phenos on day 59 of flower

38 Likes

Just like that we’re back on track

12 Likes

That is far too good looking for you not to tell us what it is @Greenhighlander

7 Likes

When I grew out Mother’s Milk #31 x PU F3 I found 8 seeds in the roughly 1/4lb of bud from my favorite one. I popped 4 of them . I am calling them Spilled Unicorn Milk and that is a bud of SUM #1 that was harvested early at day 55 , in the hopes of a reveg. The other 3 are around week 3 or 4 I think.

20 Likes

I’m in northern VA and there’s an obscene amount of wineries and breweries here

6 Likes

These are much better silver mountain pics than my phones cam.

49 Likes

Space Monkey (@CrunchBerries cut)…

Peach HashPlant…

SuperSilver HashPlant…

51 Likes

It seems off and funny to me that the seed market is both fast, hype chasing FOTM seekers and hoarders.

What’s the rush of getting that hype x hype cross if it is just going to sit in the fridge/freezer for years? You would think hoarders, long term collectors, whatever name you like and find least offensive would want worked lines so they know exactly what they will get when they stash it away.

Pheno hunting is such a weird thing that we do as growers of cannabis that is meant for consumption. I’m my eyes, pheno hunting should be a breeder side activity. Packs that require hunting should just be less expensive than worked lines.

Look at dog breeding- you pay more for “papered” dogs that have good lines to be further worked, and pay less for lower quality dogs that are will just make great pets. Although we are still facing the same f1 hype bs in dogs to right now- a la doodles.

I just hope we reach a happy medium between the hype and worked lines so that everyone gets what they want.

15 Likes

So you can post pics of the packs and make everybody ooh and ahh…

19 Likes

ill say this, after seeing how things come up and then disappear, some of the thoughts behind “hoarding” or “collecting” is just to get your hands on something before you can’t ever find it again. most folks are space limited and dealing with plant counts etc. but know the things they want to have eventually, and its hard to rely on breeders these days to keep something in stock until you’re ready to run it right away. Theres definitely a feeling with a lot of stuff that if it comes in front of you you better grab it because it could be the last time you see it. for me personally this is more in reference to some older stuff thats not in circulation really any more, but the same could be said for that new new hype-y shit that everyones fawning over.

24 Likes

That’s my philosophy also. Life happens and sometimes the most beloved of things are gone in a flash. So get it, while the gettings good.
I had posted this video in another thread on here, but it made such a deep impact on me and the idea of seed preservation for the future. https://youtu.be/fqpqNMxiWY4
Inspiration moves me brightly~ Crunch

21 Likes

Posted a bunch of stuff on IG
@chemical_valley_cannabis2

Thanks all

38 Likes