Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: I see that very expensive pack friend!

4 Likes

Haha, nahhhh, I don’t have that one. And if I did, I probably wouldn’t give it up.

Plus, I was asking nefrella haha…

Yeah, I don’t think I ever heard about that one, either, but it sounds like a fucking flavor explosion haha. I grew one Blueberry x Silver Lotus that was made by somebody here last grow, smells and tastes unreal. Great high, too. And Bodhi’s Apollo 11 f4 was for sure some of the tastier weed I’ve ever grown. That cross sounds super-interesting. Are you gonna plant those any time soon?

I’ve still got a pack of the A11 f4’s, thought I’d lost it, but I finally found it whilst digging through the the fridge a month or two ago. Probably oughta plant some of those pretty soon…

21 Likes

Uhh AFAIK @Craigson15 had a pack but he’s been AWOL from the site for months, @50State ran some back in 2018 IDK if it was the whole pack then or since, and it seemed like @Jamescoldflame might have some? Or just be looking too? I wasn’t clear.

8 Likes

Dude you found it! :tada:

11 Likes

What’s A 11?

6 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior it’s Brothers Grimm Apollo 11 Genius, Bodhi worked with both that and the Apollo 13 Gorilla Arm in crosses and the two together as a preservation. @SCJedi did a co-op run of the A11/A13 but most of it disappeared with MotR, leaving it safe for now until those remaining F2s get reproduced again but still rare as heck out in the world, and the crosses are hen’s teeth, seem to have been small numbers in the first place or at least lots grown and few saved. Apollos were the other line besides Princess/Cinderella that came from the seeds Mr Soul supposedly found in the Jack Herer bud. Princess is the parent of Cinderella, Genius is the parent of Apollo, and Cafe Girl is largely a mystery for the ages.

@MonsterDrank check this out:

The people were already saying it in 2015, so:

759tym (1)

19 Likes

IDK, for recent ones there’s the 2019 Kandahar Black/Petrolia Headstash fundraiser for the Afghan family he was trying to help, DBJ said vendors got six each, one time. That’s probably fifty packs?

And at the same time there was a freebie of Ortega Durian x Snow Lotus so fuck me, because that’s my white whale now. I’d love to see an Ortega dad or that Durian pheno mom come back into his offerings in the future. Baudelaire just released an FDM Ortega preservation recently, but that’s the only work I’ve seen in years with it, never knew Bodhi was hunting seeds of it.

13 Likes

I grew out a pack of these too. Unfortunately I didn’t find anything I liked. From what I remember, they grew a little larfy and were fussy. They were grown with a few other strains and typically I keep the ones the grow best in my system. There’s a chance I got a bad pack and/or didn’t grow them to their liking.
Good luck though, hope you find something good in there.

22 Likes

When discussing rarity, one must account for the crux between quality and scarcity.

Tranquil Elephantizer Remix V1

9 Likes

As always, thanks Cannavore:

@ShiskaberrySavior @MonsterDrank

From 2014

"• Apollo 11g F3

brothers grimm cindy and apollo family releases have always been a treasure trove for quick finishing indoor sativa dominant plants, some people even say the closest they have ever gotten to the holy grail. it seems like c99 has gotten alot of attention recently… and dont get me wrong, i love c99 for its big yeilds of zippy melony buds, but my real love is for the genius clone and her children a11 and a13. apollo 11 for me is much deeper, psychedelic, feminine, motivating mind fire… with beautiful frosty extraterrestrial buds, peach hairs, and the aroma of pineapple cheetos. this release is my selection twords the genius pheno, from fet of spice brothers selection twords the g pheno, from a large population of original brothers grimm a11 stock. i made these originally for myself to cross into the genius and a13 clones, but its such an amazing plant ive decided to get these out asap, share the love, and hope you get as much enjoyment as i have from her. look for the more bushy g phenos, some with atypical branching, great for scrog, nice yeilds, extreme bag appeal, extreme mind appeal… beautiful stuff!!!

• Apollo 13 Gorilla Arm x Apollo 11 Genius

the powerful massive monster a13 (gorilla arm cut) has a family reunion with the big bushy pineapple a11 genius pheno. this is a special apollo family reunion, the a13 is powerful and big but lacks flavor and aroma and is a little on the stretchy side, the a11 g has the flavor and aroma with a bushy shorter framework, this hybrid’s goal is to create the perfect apollo combination for flavor, aroma, yeild, structure and effect. pre release strains have limited testing or are currently in testing to be new lines."

It’s tough talking about “rarest” or most limited packs since it’s hard to tell exactly what Bodhi’s put out, there’s no current complete master list so we put it together from collective knowledge. There’s packs that were limited numbers in in the first place as official releases, but there’s also so many random testers from over the years that keep popping up.

These were just hella limited and from 2014 or earlier so I think they’re probably up there:

But then there’s also testers and other limited stuff back then I’ve never heard of:

From: Bodhi Seeds Strain Companion Guide | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

22 Likes

If you can find it, Mota Rebel had some Apollo 11 F4 that has the gorilla arm and genius phenos in it too

13 Likes

Thanks was pretty sure that was the strain you were talking about .

Just trying to remember who was working that strain when I received a pack.
Sort of think it was sinister seeds possibly?
Or maybe @50State its on the list with some strains I’d received from him ?
Looks like I’ve got some Apollo ape seed also.

10 Likes

Those would both have been from @anonymous4289 via @DougDawson

9 Likes

Thanks that’s where mine originated from .

9 Likes

Haha, yeah, finally. I tend to get tunnel vision when I start digging through the fridge, musta just missed that pack during the last few years-worth of grows haha! But yeah, I found them a while back. I really oughta plant them here pretty soon, while they’re still viable, think I got those like seven years ago…

16 Likes

Ya know what’s rare in the world? Kindness. In more ways than one.

Bodhi Seeds Kindness is Afwreck (Trainwreck x Afghani) X Snow Lotus.

*Since Kindness is not for sale anymore, i highly recommend getting Bodhi’s Trainwreck x Hashplant that’s still in stock at my favorite US seedbank. DM me if you want to know where.

From an old Attitude seedbank listing:
“Kindness brings together the many positive qualities of both its parents. Afwreck is one strain that has everything, an amazing fragrance, small in stature, bulging buds and a quick finish while the Trainwreck is extremely strong, Frosty-frosty, alert, good yields and positive vibes on this beauty. “

Here’s a 2015 Kindness grow w photos i found:

22 Likes

I glad I have f2s of train wreck ×ghash from when it was in testing. I peeked at the chem d/pu×WOOKIE ALL 5 popped. Now I thinking should I pop a few appy f2 hybrids, some f1 pu hybrids or what. Lol…something I can pair with a male and work later maybe

11 Likes

Or shit… maybe put some csi freebies to work like ptk, or purple paki kush…and that should be a big ass window of variety to look thru :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Last time I’ll be posting pictures of these plants here before harvest. May keep posting updates in my thread depending on how long these go. Will follow up with a report here after cure… Next up will likely be Field Trip (GSC x SSDD).

Week 8

Redeye Jedi - amazing strong unique smells on this one. If effects are good this pheno seems very appealing to me.

SSDD - Getting very frosty. Going to try to take one earlier to see what the effects are like.

Blueberry Hasphlant - Leafy and pretty normal smelling flower to me. Will reserve judgement for testing effects.

You guys are posting some great info, thanks! @BudWhisperer @Dirt_Wizard

Good point. Some of my favorite plants from Bodhi have been widely distributed freebies. What’s commonly available today could be rare and highly desired a year from now but the genetics and quality stay the same.

44 Likes

Agreed. There are crosses that were 1-offs simply because they didn’t turn out very good, so keep that in mind. I would caution people against getting caught up in FOMO just because something’s rare. Many of us talked about this back when the @mia dump happened. While lots of those seeds were rare, many of the packs had germ issues (unfortunately, I know firsthand)…and an investigation into some of the rarer crosses revealed that they just hadn’t been very good, or had tendency to herm, etc. “They can’t all be winners.”

One observation from growing and/or smoking stuff from a few older “legendary” packs is that it seems people often exaggerated their reviews back in the day. Maybe it’s no different now, but back then, there were some people on the RIU bodhi thread who never met a cross they didn’t 100000% love, and as a result, I ended up taking their reviews with a grain of salt.

You also may have noticed that people have a tendency to tell big fish stories in cannabis culture, and I think some of the difference is attributable to our different endocannabinoid systems. But then there’s the people who talk about the crazy terps on strains/cuts but never mention the smoke report, effects or how they grow…and you figure it out when you run 10 plants from seed and they turn out all style, no substance.

Just saying, caveat emptor (buyer beware) on those rare packs. No doubt some are good and legendary for a reason, but be careful.

:sun_with_face: :peace_symbol:

36 Likes