Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I’ve grown a few of those and never found a nighttime high in there, just saying :wink:

Looking great!

23 Likes

That’s a helpful tip! I might let it run a little longer then based on that feedback. What kind of highs did you get from your phenos?

16 Likes

Its all been ~anytime to straight-daytime stuff for me. Fantastic for wakenbake. Nothing motivating, but also nothing I’d wanna smoke just before bed. Most ranged around 70 days with a couple that took a little over 80 to finish. I never took them past %25 amber.

26 Likes

Pestilence x Snow Lotus at around 27 days flower, nothing too loud aroma wise just yet, mostly just fairly sweet smelling. Pestilence supposedly develops into sweet, coffee, caramel, vanilla, and earth aromas/flavors so we shall see.

58 Likes

21 Likes

Killing it with that girl(s) those leaves be praying hard :grin:

8 Likes

Haha, I’m beginning to think you are the Dude man, too funny!
@DesertHeartGardens There are 6 females squeezed in there, all topped at the 2nd node. The other morning after I top dressed malted barley powder, I thought I was going to have to defoliate around the top bud sites cause the leaves were damn near wrapped around the flowers :rofl:.

11 Likes

Is that something that you always do? Is that why your pics always look so different? I always thought it was because of the kick-ass background (maybe), but even as I was looking at those last pics, I was like,”Gawddamn, why do elgalloblanco’s canopy shots always look so… thick?” haha.

So you top at the second node and just get that sorta “bushiness” started super-early? Second node… Shit… Okay. ClassicGenetix said he did the same thing and I was like,”Man, that’s just crazy enough to work…” Now I’m really thinking about topping that early. He starts training them pretty much right after that, too. Do you do any training or just top way early and let it ride? I would never have guessed that that was six females in there.

19 Likes

Honestly, I am still trying to figure out what I want to do in general. This is only my second indoor grow ever as all my previous growing was done outdoors so it is a bit of a learning curve in general. My last grow with the SSDD’s had 4 females and I topped above the 4th node and they were flowered in 7 gallon grow bags, that had way too much going on for me.

For this grow I wanted to focus on fewer colas that had more weight, so I figured the “top for 4 main colas” method would work which is topping above the 2nd node once the plants have 5-6 nodes (although I always take off the 1st branches on the 1st node as they seem to be a little slow growing compared to the branching above, essentially it’s topping above the 3rd true node). I am now growing in a 4x4 raised bed as well and I used small bamboo stakes and plant ties here and there to pull taller branches downwards to even the canopy and keep the tops a “safe” distance away from the lights.

EDIT: here is a pic of a plant topped for 4 main colas I grew outdoors in the past and it was more of what I was hoping for, yet indoors, all those lower flowering sites reach for the canopy instead of staying where they were :rofl:.

38 Likes

Dude your slaughtering it for only your second grow, beautiful work, don’t change a thing!

18 Likes

That’s interesting to me. I usually top from 6 nodes back to 4, and then about 50 times more as they veg, lol!

Similar to you, I use sticks and a hoop to pull over the overacheivers, and maybe a side net if things get rowdy.

I’m trying to limit the branches on a SSDD I’ve grown for a while now, just to see if I can get a good enough yield with less plant wildness. I’m a bit lazy, too. The topping back to 2 nodes is intriguing.

Your plants always look great, very pretty work.

11 Likes

Thanks so much, your SSDD plant that I’ve seen looks massive with a ton of fat flowers on top. I did remove a lot of lower flowers that weren’t able to reach high enough or if they looked too small. I have a problem with having more than enough weed than what I need so the more excess fluff I can remove, the better. I just really love growing and seeing what the plants look like, smell like, and feel like.

12 Likes

Big heads up here

Only six packs available at dagga garden

20 Likes

happy Tuesday bodhi fam been a little bit since my last update got the ssdd bx old soul strawberry temple and snow monkey f2s in some 1 gallons was going to top and start training them earlier but had some family health issues arise that needed taken care of but better late then never getting a compost tea for them going and started upping the wattage and gave them all a little ewc should should start exploding in growth soon happy growing everyone :v::seedling:

19 Likes

Pink Lotus F3 This is the #1 and the reason I made the F4’s. The terp is cotton candy. Have gotten some real nice pheno’s in the F4’s but this one is still the Queen. :slight_smile:

51 Likes

Thanks @Moka for the dagga garden seeds info!

(* EDIT: these 2 strains below are now SOLD OUT. But check back in case someone doesn’t send in their payment.)

They also have these 2 cool sounding strains EDEN TRANSMISSION and T.V.:

Eden Transmission (Vietnamese 7 x Angel Wing Afghan)

Heirloom f1 Lemon methane Full spectrum efect 11 -14 weeks 10 regular seeds per pack…

AND:

T.V. (vietnamese 7 x thai (cbg destroyer pearl pheno ix2)

hazy herbal citric. clear focused energetic. quicker manageable south East Asian prototype. 11-14 weeks. 12 regular seeds per pack

15 Likes

Eden Transmission was previously only a limited drop at Inoculate the World, IIRC.

9 Likes

Those sound awesome!

6 Likes

Unfortunately if you click on 'em they say sold out. Or at least they did when I clicked on 'em earlier today!

5 Likes

They dropped over a week ago. Big ups Mr. B and Peter for this. Gotta love a good secret. :grimacing:

9 Likes