Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I saw Mountain Temple seeds available somewhere pretty recently. Might’ve been JBC or maybe Midweek Song? GLG? Haha, I’m not sure, but I know I saw them because I considered grabbing another pack, too.

2 Likes

GLG has 5 packs of Mountain Temple at the moment

3 Likes

Did you find something that smells kind of like citrus hand moisturizer or something with a funk underneath? I don’t know the smell…maybe citrus sunscreen. It was the greasiest of the 10. It is really a soaring sativa high. I’m speaking of MT.

Oh and this was the one in 10 that was different than the rest.

11 Likes

@Tommy_McCain Nah, I didn’t find anything like that. But I only got three females out of the five or six seeds I planted. I grew the Mountain Temples like four years ago, I’d have to go back to my smoke reports. I remember one of them, I think it was the Appalachia leaner, smelled kind of cheesy. That was the one that had more body to it. The other two, if I remember correctly, kinda reminded me of Blue Dream. Fruity and spicy, but not citrus. Not as sharp. A softer fruity smell. And a really great, euphoric, smile-y, “life is great” type of high. Good shit. If I hadn’t just ordered soooooo many new seeds, I’d probably revisit both the Mountain Temple and the Tree of Life next grow.

8 Likes

If I get this stuff on my fingers I can smell it all day. It makes everything I touch smell. If I put a bag of it in a drawer everything in the drawer smells like it. It is not a weed smell at all so no one is the wiser.

I got about three out of the seven females were cheese smells and the other three smelled of garbage and skunk. Then the weird one.

7 Likes

My favorite bodhi pack so far

just popped the last 2 seeds, and they were both odd ducks. One was small and perfectly spherical.
The other was large with 3 lobes. instead of a normal seed with 2 symmetrical sides, this one has 3 ridges and 3 sides.
They both germed perfectly, especially the 3 lobed seed which split along all 3 sides. I was excited to see that because I got a lot of 3 lobed seeds that look like this in my f2’s.

25 Likes

Nice! I have @paintedfire420 guava hashplant x C99 finishing up in the next couple weeks. How old is that pack and what about it did you like so much?

9 Likes

I think these were originally released in 2014, and I picked them up on the only brief restock in early 2016. There were no grow reports at that time, so demand was low.

I love these because they are just a really special medical line for musculoskeletal medical conditions. It’s very effective for immediate pain relief and migraine prevention and relief. It prevents and relieves spasms and cramps, and can even help dislocated joints to reset and heal.
Most importantly, this strain definitely modulates the immune system and keeps it from over-reacting and attacking itself. This makes it helpful for immune conditions and even helps with environmental allergies and asthma by reducing the severity of the body’s reaction when I get an attack. In my case it also helps to prevent my body from attacking my joint and muscle injuries with severe inflammatory responses. It is an amazing anti-inflammatory.

The plants have great resin production on the flowers and are very easy to trim with almost no leaves in the buds. They are quick flowering if you are growing sinsemilla, and easy to grow in veg and flower. One pheno has decent yields, the other is a low yielder but both are amazing quality.

My higher yielding pheno genuinely smells like guava, although a real guava is actually a much funkier and edgier smell than this. this smells exactly like the sweetness and perfume aspects of guava, but not the deeper pervasive guava funk you get with the real thing. There are also hints of 90’s hair spray, like an old school chem I used to get. This pheno gets a nice purple fade as it ripens.
Based on my familiarity with bodhi’s other g13hp lines, (and my high school weed smoking experiences with chemdawg / stardawg,) I can be pretty much certain this one is dominant toward the guava.

The low yielding pheno grows like a true og with small ultra dense nug berries all over. It has a mild smell like toast, black pepper, a hint of sugary sweetness, and kush. This basically comes across as a g13hashplant dom pheno with a few major influences from the stardawg side.

The high is a fun indica experience, and the potency is pretty high. The nugs also look great.
The low yielding pheno has small rock hard buds which are absolutely caked in powdery keef.
The high yielding pheno is very frosty and sticky, and after curing it actually appears as a dark silver instead of green. The color of the buds appears as a perfect match to the dark silver color of my magnesium laptop.

There are a few quirks with this line though. it’s kind of hard to make seeds with the stardawg guava dom pheno. It requires a ton of pollen, and a few rounds of pollination to get it fully seeded.

other than that this line is pretty much perfect as far as I’m concerned.
I have the stardawg-ish pheno outdoor in a raised bed and it is growing like crazy and loving it out there. super densely stacked nodes with about 5-6 tops. this will be a beast, if it isn’t too dense to survive in my rainy harvest season.

24 Likes

Dude amazing description! I was stoked to try this cross, now even more so by like 10x!

4 Likes

Hey @minitiger nice to see you here. Followed a lot of your posts in the bodhi thread over at the Farm… great pics

3 Likes

Sooo if someone was on the hunt for more Goji’s. what would you get?
I see these still around:

Dazzleberry with Goji Razz x Strawberry Milk
TwinFlames V2 with Goji Purple Cut x Wookie 15
Strawberry Goji with Goji B(Bodhi?) Cut x Strawberry Milk
Raspberry HP with Goji razz x 88G13HP

I do have 5 seeds of Orange Goji I’m plannin on running at the start of the new year, but worried I might not get a good girl out of them so yeah… Looking for some possible extra’s I could run for something similar. Or should I just wait on getting extra’s and maybe hope for a (finally) successful preservation run?

10 Likes

Get off the beaten track there’s all kinds of hybrids made with that plant by boutique breeders just have to pound the bush.

6 Likes

I did find a My Sharona strain over on strainly that’s goji og x tiento de verona or something, some strain that came from subcool’s work… Was in the process of trying to grab that but haven’t heard back from the seller in a couple days now so was looking at some other stuff…

2 Likes

You could grab a pack from Copa genetics at dc seed exchange and there is goji f2 freebie pack included.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Truly Envious man. That is the unicorn I always wanted and missed out on. Spent unheard of hours unsuccessfully trying to hunt down a pack. Dozens of unreturned pm’s… Pretty sure I just gasped when I first glanced at the pic.!! Cant wait to see your pics. Congrats on scoring that pack.

4 Likes

I have coveted Goji and Orange Goji since I joined this site and saw so many glowing reviews. I picked up Twin Flame (V1) and Strawberry Milk but haven’t grown them yet.

10 Likes

Hippy Slayer# 33

Hippy Slayer#33

Mothers Milk 31 is almost done , again, and will post pics soon. Along with Black Triangle, Old Soul, black light fantasy, Afgooey/wookie ++

27 Likes

You ever try Star Flight Guava (Stardawg guava x Snow Lotus)? I’ve got it sitting in my cart…

I would guess more sativa leaning version of the Guava HP. What do you think?

9 Likes

Last summer I grew out a single Lucky Charms (The White x Appalachia) F2 made by a grower on another forum. The plant was gifted to me as a salty teen from a buddy here on the front range. I planted it in my organic recycled dirt in a 4x4 under 400w of old LEDs, then flipped it and gave her straight tap or RO water the whole way.

I’m posting the pics + smoke report here as backup, but my LC F2 grow thread with all the deets can be found at:

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/lucky-charms-f2-the-white-x-appalachia.201366115/

Day 6 from flip:

Day 21F and a little slow to start but good frost for 3wks:

Surprisingly, her pistils started to brown at week 3 but it wasn’t due to any herms or stray pollen, just a trait of this pheno.

By day 35F she started to really fill out. I was shocked she didn’t stretch more or foxtail because she was hitting 95F in the tent since my house doesn’t have cooling.

And at harvest, day 58F, she looked fantastic after getting her fans plucked:

Lucky Charms F2 Evaluation & Smoke Report

• Grow Details: Vegged for 45 days in coco, 10 days in organic soil, and then flowered under 12/12 for 58. No training or defoliation.100% stable but was a little sensitive to the high N and low pH of my soil mix for the first couple weeks after transplant, then figured it out. Grow was always hot during the day and cold during the night thanks to the crazy summer here in Boulder. At harvest, she hung whole for 5 days, then put into paper bags to contain her ripe beans (from my 3chems and MAC F2 chucks) and sat for another 5. Trimmed and jarred up, been in jars for about 3 weeks before sampling and sharing.

• Size & Yield: 75% stretch after flip, so she almost doubled in size. 72g dry and trimmed.

• Bag Appeal: 8/10 Extremely frosty. Sticky as shit. Hard but not rolled, round, dense cookies nugs. Heavier than she seems. Looks stunning. Great mix of white frost and dark green undertones. Prominent calyxes and just the right amount of small rusty pistils.

• Smell: 5/10 Not real loud. Hashy & slight mint, maybe a marshmallow smell that develops a citrusy undertone when ground up.

• Taste: 7/10 Lilac blossoms, caramel and honest to god marshmallow with a hint of mint, not extra strong, but delicious and mouth coating. Keeps its flavor thru the whole bowl. Very thick smoke.

• Effects: 10/10 Dynamite smoke! Exceptional for my endocannabinoid system, she makes my body feel rubbery and 100% pain free, but without any couch lock. Yoga is incredible and it’s easier cuz I feel a lot more limber. Also a very happy and social buzz at the same time. Unique effects that everybody loves.

• Potency: 9/10 Takes a couple minutes and just builds and builds. Lasts for 2-3hrs but doesn’t make you dumb. Functional and feels great!

• Medicinal Value: High Pretty much some of the most unique and great medical effects I’ve ever felt.

• Keeper? 100% yes! Wishing her clones had rooted…but 95F temps kept that from happening.

This pheno’s a late bloomer for sure. I was not impressed with her slow start until around week 5 or 6 when she began filling out. She really started to shine in week 6 as her calyxes developed and kept swelling. Just a gorgeous plant and dynamite smoke. A few people said she was exactly what they remember from the F1 packs.

I sure am glad I hit her with some original 3chems and MAC F2 pollen, and I feel blessed to have a pack of those F2 made by the same person. Maybe I can find her again. In either case, Torontoke ran my Lucky Chems (Lucky Charms F2 x 3chems [original release]) and found two killer keepers, one of which tastes like pancakes with a hammer effect - go figure.

:peace_symbol:

32 Likes