Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

Great minds think alike my friend, the system that Jeremy outlines in that video is exactly what I’m planning to build, seems easy to source from Home Depot/Lowe’s. Just don’t want to shell out for that niwa that he uses since I’ll only use the drippers when I’m planning to be out of town. Back to hand watering when I’m around. Thanks for sharing that timer suggestion too, looks very similar to one that I found while cruising amazon looking for solutions, I’ll keep this model in mind. I appreciate the help! :v:t2:

3 Likes

Any time!

Ya it’s a pretty great explanation for drip. I’m using my Blumats indoor with pretty good results so far but I think for my Gogi run I’m going to set up something like this for the 9 plants. We’ll see! Anyway, hope it works out for you.

2 Likes

Using that exact one to run my water system. Works like a charm so far.

4 Likes

UPDATE: been kinda busy around here lately, I had taken shots for an earlier update and just never got around to posting. Since we last spoke the gnat population took a major jump up so I got real serious about things. I’m coming off a 3 day spray regimen of Dr. Zymes and on week two of a gnatrol drench to help smack them down a little bit. I’ll probably continue the zymes treatment at every other day until I’m past the recommended 3 week dosage period of the gnatrol just to make sure I’m really hitting the adults and the larvae as hard as possible. The plants have weathered the treatments pretty well, although they’re looking a little sulky as a result of it, hoping I can get things balanced out and get them back to ideal health. This morning I transplanted them into thier 3 gal pots which they’ll finish out the run in, here’s how everything is looking at the moment:

The individual photos might get a little more difficult moving forward just because of the time it’ll take to pull each one out and photograph, but I’ll try to still get some shots when they’re starting to look interesting. Let’s see, what else is there I can talk about? I’ve got all the parts and pieces for the dripper system coming from various places. Should have everything in hand by Monday to be able to get things set up for a week or so before I have to bail out of town for thanksgiving. I took the advice of the folks here and went with the smart plug and wifi camera so that I can watch things while I’m away and adjust the watering if I need to, pretty hyped on that, if it works well I might keep the drip system around at a light daily watering to keep things manageable but still allow me to hand water when I’d like to, just like Jeremy from BAS. We’ll see how I like it, I’m at least real excited to have a system on hand that I can control 100% from wherever I’m at, making travel easier, not like I’m really going anywhere that often but it’s nice to have options. I think that’s everything for now, hoping to give them a week or two of veg in these new pots and then hit the flip. Sorry for the giant run on sentence, trying to hammer out this update after all this mornings garden chores and get back to work before anyone realizes I’m MIA. Hope everyone out there is doin g well! All love! :v:t2:

Oh also, I’m pretty sure #4 is a male, it’s one of three that really jumped up in the solo cups and the other day I scoped it and saw what I’m pretty sure were male preflowers. I’ll keep an eye on that but if it is male and the other two that seem pheno typically similar in terms of size and structure follow suit i would have 3 males and 3 females as it stands now (not counting the seedlings which may just get culled) I know that’s wishful thinking and it’s too early to know for sure but that’s where I’m at and what I’m hoping for. We’ll have the sex conversation when it’s appropriate to do so :joy::joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

UPDATE: things have been kinda cruising around here lately. I’m happy to say that the fungus gnat population seems to be getting under control. I admittedly went after things pretty hard, and the plants I think are showing some signs of the struggle, but overall the new growth is looking healthy. The end of this week they’ll get their third dose of gnatrol, and they got hit three days in a row with full strength Dr. Zymes. And since then have been getting sprayed thoroughly every other day. This will continue through the end of this week when give them the gnatrol, and from that point I’ll fall back to a weekly spray. I’m heading out of town for the holidays beginning of next week so in the background I’ve been getting things dialed in for my trip. I purchased a Wyze WiFi camera and a smart plug that I have hooked up to a dripper system, so essentially I should be able to look in on the garden and water at the push of a button. Pretty tricky stuff! Im really stoked on the whole system as it will allow me to not ah e to rely on friends to water for me if I have to go out of town. If anyone is interested in the system it’s literally the same one tha Jeremy outlines in this build a soil video:

Admittedly this is way overbuilt for my tiny garden but I hope that means that it will remain in servicable working order for a good long time. Here are the links to the WiFi plug and camera as well in case folks are interested:

WYZE Cam v3 with Color Night Vision, Wired 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Video Camera, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R59YH7W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FKYF4XN2D91G3T0TZ6BF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Wyze Plug, 2.4GHz WiFi Smart Plug, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, No Hub Required, Two-Pack, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZT24B8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_B94K7VS6BV0479ADABC3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think that brings everything up to speed. The plan is to flip these to flower as soon as I return from my trip next week, so they’ll have basically an additional week to veg before going to the show. Now here’s some shots:

This is the pheno that basically had the meristem stall out, essentially topping itself, so glad I let it go and didn’t cull it when I saw that go down it’s doing great so far

Poor number 4 has been having the roughest time out of anyone in the tent. It’s parked right in front of the fan and is showing the wear from it, I try to spin her around every day so she’s not getting beat in only one side, but it’s doing okay all things considered. I’m taking another look at the fan situation in this tent after this run, once flipped to flower it’ll move to my 2x2.5 that has a much more gentle airflow situation going on.

That’s about I I think, there will probably be a lag between this post and the next, but next up will be taking cuts and flipping. Hope you all have a killer weekend out there! :v:t2::v:t2:

16 Likes

i also gotta thank all the homies over on the other thread i started for the recommendations on the timer and camera etc.

too many of them to list but they definitely helped set me up with this whole thing, didn’t figure it out on my own. thanks a lot to all of them!

5 Likes

Despite #4 having some issues they all look healthy overall :green_heart:

4 Likes

Can’t you just move the pot? And put a different pot in front of the fan? That’d at least give her some relief. When I water, I move every pot, kind of like in a snake (kind of haha). So it’ll be like 1 2 3 4 5 6, then 2 3 4 5 6 1, 3 4 5 6 1 2 etc etc.

Anyway, I agree with Vagabond, they’re looking really good. A week from flipping, that’s always exciting!

4 Likes

I’m embarrassed to admit i didn’t even think about that. every time i crack the tent i look at #4 and am like “oh man, that sucks. . . . . oh well!” at this point though #4 is handling the abuse fairly well i think its almost the sacrificial lamb of the group. once everything is rigged up to drippers it won’t be easy to move, plus ill be out of town for the week before they all move around anyway when we go into flower, so ill likely just leave it there to take its lumps for an additional week, but moving forward i should use that shuffle dance you mentioned. I actually bought one of the Growbuds oscillating clip fans and have been waiting for their supply chain issues to get worked out to get my hands on it, hoping that they’ll ship by November like they’re saying, but not holding out high hopes. one of those smaller fans id be able to get up on the pole and just reduce the hotspot in the tent being right up against a wall of blowing air.

5 Likes

Looking good in there bud! I had a meristem on a Northern Lights auto stall out on me this summer and it turned out great!

I do that rotation thing too but it can be a real PITA when they start getting too big. Keep up the good work!! Your wife will appreciate the auto watering system, trust me lol

2 Likes

Dude, I do shit like that all the time haha. A totally obvious solution will be staring me in the face and I’ll be all frustrated, ask my girl for help with something and she’ll be like,”Just do blahblahblah,” and I’m like,”Oh. Right.”

I’ve found that those clip-on fans always slide down the tent pole. I just use those oscillating tower fans, kinda like what you have in the corner of your tent (does that one oscillate?), put them in the front of the tent, works fine. They kind of take up more floor space than I’d like, but I haven’t found a better solution yet. Maybe I should ask my girl… haha.

Yeah, it’s definitely not my favorite thing in the world to be moving seven-gallon pots out of and back into the tent every time I water, but I like watering by hand and I like being able to get a close look at everything every-other day. Somebody should invent, like, a conveyor belt system type thing for grow tents. Or a big carousel.

3 Likes

yea its on oscillate and on super low, i just don’t like that the one spot right in front of it is basically in a wind tunnel no matter what, I found with the clip on oscillating fan that i had, while it worked (Vivosun POS) i could angle it so that it was oscillating and aimed at the walls just above the plants so that they’re all moving but no one plant was getting drilled like it is in front of that tower fan. i suppose its fine though i should just be more on the ball about shuffling them so that one poor plant isn’t bearing the full brunt of the torture. on the upside though i have a hunch that plant (#4) is a male, so this could be a good stress test?? :rofl:

2 Likes

UPDATE: sorry for the lag here folks, the holiday threw me off my schedule a bit and getting back into the routine has taken a bit longer than expected. Since we last spoke I took off on a little vacation for thanksgiving (“vacation” is a generous term when your totin a little one around :joy:) and the drip system performed flawlessly keeping the plants happy while I was away. I contemplated leaving it set up, but I love hand watering too much to leave it to the dripper robot. I may reinstall it later in flower since I’m in such small pots to keep up with things better when they’re really chugging water, but for now it’s back to doing things the old fashioned way. Upon returning I immediately I took two cuts from each plant, top dressed with 1tbs each of Roots Organic “Grow” and “Bloom” dry nutes, as well as a cup of EWC, and flipped the tent to 12/12. I made a bit of a last minute decision to flip the whole veg tent, as opposed to cramming all 6 plants into the 2x2.5. I figure that when the plants sex I will isolate the males and females into separate tents and just bring either the whole boys, or just thier tops in to do their things with the girls. This will allow the plants to have a little more room to stretch out, as well as allow me to try my hand at maybe collecting and saving some pollen, just for funsies to see how it goes. All that pretty much brings us up to date I think, here are some shots of how things look currently:

Here’s the whole team hanging out

And in order (I hope) #1:

#2:

#3 is the one that topped itself, I’m secretly hoping it’s male so I can start calling it the “two headed boy” pheno, any neutral milk hotel fans out there?:

#4 still a little battered from its spot in front of the fan but not necessarily looking much worse for the wear:

#5:

#6 this one has me scratching my head a little bit as there are some leaves growing with these little cuts out of them. I’ve inspected thoroughly for bugs as I’ve seen this outdoors from caterpillars. If you look real close at the cuts thier are no chewed edges indicative of a pest, so they’re literally growing this way. Utopia if it’s a result of the leaves brushing up against the tent walls, or if it’s a reaction to the feed, if you know what’s up here please share:

And last but not least is the cuts in a small 2x2 with a heat mat and a tiny Home Depot LED with the blue spectrum turned on:

I should also mention that I cleaned up the lowers on each plant a little bit when taking cuts and too dressing, just removed little sucker branches and anything blocking new growth, as well as any leaves that were touching the top of the soil and tiny interior stuff, trying to leave these as natural as possible within my small space to see what their natural form will be for future selection work etc.

That’s about it. I hope everyone out there is well, I’m excited to have things starting flower, can’t wait to see how this all goes! :v:t2::v:t2:

20 Likes

Yep, looks pretty similar! Plants looking really healthy. I need a second space for the males but I don’t really have room for a second tent… I think I’m going to have to make room somewhere! I’m really racking my brain on how to proceed. Are you going to put all the males in that 2x2? Where will your cuttings go? Just wondering how I should handle this.

4 Likes

so ive got a 2x2.5 tent thats got a height extender as well as that little 2x2 shorty. cuts will stay in the little guy, i also use that tent for spraying when theres nothing in it. males will go in the full size 2x2.5. my wife comes down and rolls her eyes when she sees our tent city basement

9 Likes

I don’t know what’s up, but it’s happening to one of my plants too. I saw some signs of spider mites on one of the other, smaller plants in the grow 3 weeks ago, but otherwise no sign of any pest problems, and I’ve been spraying them with hydrogen peroxide and neem oil weekly since then with no sign of the spider mites coming back. I do have a ladybug in the tent, but I’m fairly sure she’s not eating the plants… and why would it only be the one? Dunno, but here’s a pic. This is my Valley GHash x Cake Fighter, who probably won’t be with us for much longer anyway since it’s looking a lot like a male or at best a hermie.

Weirdly, just like with yours it only seems to be happening on one side of the plant, and it’s not even the side facing the tent wall… very similar leaves in every way, actually. If there are chewed edges on mine, I’m missing them… but that little notch out of the center finger on the leaf seems exactly the same as yours, and the other damage seems similar at least. Dunno, but it’s got me curious. Maybe it’s a boron deficiency, wouldn’t that be funny? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the leaves; shit like that just happens sometimes, I dunno why. They’re looking alright to me. Hope those clones root for you. I suck at cloning, pretty much have given up trying to clone anything haha. I did buy one of those Aerocloner things a while back, but I haven’t used it yet.

My friend May Ling loves them, she’s tried to get me into them so many times. I don’t like them, though haha.

7 Likes

@minitiger theyre an acquired taste for sure, gotta be in the right mood/mindset. im not a great cloner either, hoping this round goes better, ive tried the root riot plugs, and the aero cloner with middling success at both, basically just stabbing in the dark hoping for positive results.

@Cormoran thats crazy man those do look exactly like mine, your boron comment got me thinking a little, but like @minitiger said im kind of chalking it up to a “dont worry about it” situation overall.

6 Likes

If you think it’s a boron deficiency, you could try watering with this: TM-7 – California – BioAg

It’s just humic acid, but with seven micronutrients added, boron being one of them. I try to water with it once a grow, no later than like four weeks into flower. Sometimes I’ll forget to water with it for like a year haha. I’ve had the same little bag of it for five years or so.

I really wouldn’t worry about it, though.

6 Likes

ill probably go the “don’t worry about it” route :laughing:

5 Likes