Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

Definitely no space to do em both at the same time, but concurrently for sure, I really wanna know this variety backwards and forwards as best I can

10 Likes

Learned a lot from this convo, thanks guys! Seems like you have some options Legs. Looking forward to seeing it play out as I’ve been thinking of doing something similar with my Goji lines.

6 Likes

All credit to @Budderton for walking me through all that

8 Likes

Can a OG get a picture update? :sunglasses: Please.

3 Likes

You got it @Heliosphear heres a shot of all the bonsai’d moms of the Good Medicine phenos from the run:

I culled the #6 since I was sure after the seed and sensi runs that that one was too finicky for my tastes. The remaining phenos have all been chilling waiting for the next steps, which I’m still not 100% on hahaha. I’m thinking I want to run through all the flower samples and possibly even run each pheno one more time before deciding on which ones to cull. I know for sure that I want to keep the #5, so I have 3 clones of that in the tent currently, thinking I might throw two of them into flower ahead of the others just to have more of that for my headstash. Here’s a shot of one of the nugs from the #5:

She’s kept the fruit punch terps through the cure but has gained this slunkiness that’s just delightful, I brought a nug to a friend of mine last week when we went to his house for his sons birthday party and I was getting sideways looks from all the parents at the party from the gnarly skunk smell coming from my pocket :joy::joy:. Effects are just perfect for me, light, upbeat happy stone that settles into a nice relaxing feeling after a while. Can’t ask for much better, all the samples I’ve given out to friends have gotten the same report, already got people hitting me up for more, which is a good sign in my eyes.

Project wise the plan will be to narrow down keepers based on whatever I decide for next steps, and then pop some of the F3s from those moms to see what they look like, considering bringing them back to the #2 male if they end up being fire, or just line working then forward into F4, or maybe even reversing one to bring back to their mother for fems, doors wide open really, but I plan on working with this gene pool for a while alongside other projects for some time to come.

22 Likes

God that’s a terrible photo of that nug, I’ll break out the tabletop lightbox at some point and take a better one, that does not do it any justice

10 Likes

Really cool to see you diving deep into this line, interested to see what you come up with in time.

9 Likes

9 Likes

So awesome I can’t wait to find a line I really connect with so I can deep dive and learn the ins and outs of a cultivar. I’m sure every line has so much to unpack and explore one big rabbit hole :hole: can’t wait to see what you find along your journey! Much love and good vibes @LegsMahoney :heart::v::seedling:

8 Likes

@LegsMahoney thanks for this “tek”, saved my hide. Bubbler malfunctioning, thank goodness for the two zip locks with clones, Cheers, hapi and joy!

15 Likes

All right @Hapi glad that helped you out, can’t take credit for the tech but it is handy aint it??

@DesertHeartGardens thanks for the love my friend! Feel lucky to have found something I like, definitely not done looking at other stuff though! Haha

11 Likes

Do you have specific traits you are focused on with the line, or are you focusing on what buds speak to you and working from there?

6 Likes

Basically just going off of what buds speak to me, knowing how much I like the #5 now I’ll likely use that as the benchmark looking through future stock

12 Likes

For anybody that wants to watch another questionably competent grow I just fired up a new thread for a little flower run interlude before the winter’s more serious F2/3 work:

Come hang out :call_me_hand:t2::heart::v:t2:

14 Likes

Has anyone done F3s of Good Medicine ?
(Or has a spare flip)

I’m starting to swindle to anxiety yet again, I hate that my medication works most of the time but I do have really bad weeks. I’m afraid of becoming a potato again.

@BudWhisperer is sending me 5 ! If anyone has 2-3 more do I can do a proper repro while I’m at it this year ! Let me know :slight_smile: goodnight overgrow

4 Likes

DM me your address. I’m also in CA and will send you the 5 seeds i have of Good Medicine F2 that were made here on OG a few years ago.
Hopefully someone else has some more they can send you.

6 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of F3s I made from nube’s original F2 repro, would be happy to send you a flip if you’d like. Shoot me a PM.

6 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

hey Legs, was searching around on here for anyone who might have some extra Good Medicines to share or trade… any chance there’s some of these F3 still kickin around?

1 Like

PLENTY, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes