Old Smuggler (x3) and Good Medicine

What’s up OG family, starting off a new thread here for my most recent flower run that’s starting as of today I guess. On deck for be got 3 phenos of Old Smuggler from Mass Medical Strains. Here’s the pedigree on the Old Smuggler from seedfinder:

These seeds were a gift from a friend of mine on IG, and I’ve been sitting on them for a while. Besides the old school lineage I was really caught by the name, I live right next to a mountain with essentially the same name, so I really wanted to check these out for that purpose, my buddy was kind enough to send me an unopened breeder pack to check out and I’m stoked to see what they’re like, all controversy and opinions about the breeder aside.

Rounding out the four pots in my flower tent I’m going to be running another cutting of my favorite pheno of Good Medicine, the #5 for some additional headstash. This has been my favorite so far of what I’ve seen in these genetics both on flavor, and effect, so I’m hyped to get more of this in the jar, hoping I can do a better job with her this round.

Setup is the same as it was for my other runs in the flower tent: HLG 225 bringing the light, ac infinity 6” exhaust and so on and so on. Only thing different here is that I’ve decided to try a no-tilled second round in these 5 gallon pots. In between runs I grew a cover crop of red clover, and chopped and dropped while top dressing with crustacean meal, kelp, alfalfa, and gypsum. Gonna just conduct this little experiment to see how it goes for fun. Here’s some photos of the tent from yesterday before the transplant. I had watered the empty pots pretty heavily a couple days ago to get the soil evenly moist and I wanted to give them a little time to dry out before transplanting:

Lost track of how long these gals begged for but the GM5 clone was older than the OS seedlings so she got topped quite a few times. The OS plants seem to want to grow as single colas, but I ended up topping them each once admittedly late in the game as they started to outpace the other veg plants in height in my 2x4, so I’ve been starting to pinch and bend them to help the lateral branches hopefully catch up a bit, we’ll see what the end result is in due time.

That’s the rub folks, I’m calling this one a “fun run” with no breeding or anything in mind, just trying to fill some jars for the head. Come hang out and see what happens with me.

:heart::heart::v:t2::heart::heart:

38 Likes

@minitiger i promised you a tag when I fired this beast up so here we go, bring your friends, let’s party :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

9 Likes

Judging by my shit phone photos this is not going to be the run where I get my act together on the visuals :joy::joy:

9 Likes

I just NEVER get onboard from the first day! :laughing:

howdy @LegsMahoney!

4 Likes

What’s up @GREANDAL welcome to the thing here!

3 Likes

Sorry about the confusing quote business, errant thumbs. I didn’t realize I did that. I think it’s fixed now.

1 Like

No sweat! I’m known to fat finger it on my phone quite a bit, evidenced by my many misspellings haha

3 Likes

Looking great @LegsMahoney !! Pulling up a chair… got a bong and a some beers to share!
~Subscribed :v::sunglasses::green_heart::seedling:

☆DJSF

5 Likes

Sure, I 'll hang out and see what happens!

Old Smuggler and that Good Medicine with and average THC: 15% and CBD: 15% sound fantastic!

Hope you don’t mind me in the corner 48 .
I may get the munchies and have to make an occasional trip to the fridge.

Can’t wait to see your run @LegsMahoney :call_me_hand:

Edit: When I am off my 19 min “like time out” I will be back to lay down some likes…

6 Likes

I’m along for this ride, off to a good start looks like! ill spark up the StrawberryTemple leg

7 Likes

Getting crewed up in here! Let’s get that bong and that ST spliff going and get this sesh going proper :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

@Maddawg that GM5 has for sure been my happy place herb, any time of day she’s a friend indeed!

8 Likes

Sparked a SS4 :lemon: pheno for my second breakfast in your honor. Following along and sending positive vibrations up your way!

12 Likes

Sweet! That Old Smuggler sounds interesting. I’ve got a few packs of some Mountain Organics gear, one of which is a The One hybrid, can’t remember which one offhand, but I haven’t grown any yet.

What’s the controversy? I’m so outta the loop haha.

6 Likes

Got room for an old hillbilly goat herder?
That Old Smuggler sounds just perfect for pain.
I’m locked in to the show.
:v:

8 Likes

so i guess theres a bunch of hate online for MMS, a buddy of mine said that he lifted his Star Pupil from another breeder, which seems to be all too common in the community. add to that theres a bunch f people ripping on him because he used to be into finger boarding, apparently he ran some kind of shop when he was younger, plus a bunch of people just saying hes some kid who doesnt know what hes doing when it comes to growing etc. putting on a big show acting like hes some hot shit breeder, but when folks hit him up to ask questions he has toruble providing answers. i don’t know the guy, and dont really care about much beyond the flower that comes from his plants so i’m trying to ignore all that noise and see what the plants have to say. i know on the other side of the issue theres a lot of folks that run his gear and find great stuff so im just gonna see whats up for myself.

19 Likes

yer always welcome in my threads @MoBilly good to see you brother!

5 Likes

Seems any breeder with any longevity has at least one historical f*ck up story. lol

5 Likes

aint that the truth, fanboys and haters for everyone out there

4 Likes

Ah, okay, so just the usual online drama then? Haha.

Good idea. I read all kinds of shit about Rare Dankness years ago, people hating on them etc, decided to ignore that and bought a bunch of their gear a couple years ago and the few things I’ve run so far have all been good/excellent. You know how the internet is. People love to hate on shit, I dunno why, but I think it’s pretty fucking weird haha…

What’s finger boarding?

6 Likes

this: How This Guy Mastered Fingerboarding | Obsessed | WIRED - YouTube

i gotta admit it does make me chuckle and seems an easy target to rip on people for, but id like to think im above mocking someone for their preferences at my age, at least not seriously. hahaha.

7 Likes