Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

I’m ready to come for a visit and tend a fire!!! Sounds heavenly :drooling_face:

I bet we could finagle another barrel for some offset BBQ action at the same time your cooking sugar.
Take a little of that boil and baste the meats at the very end… ok, I need to stop thinking about this.MUNCHIES

4 Likes

Amazing work mate! I wish I hadseen this seed run
It seems bohdi offers a great range of therapeutic strains! He’s healing people 1 plant at a time, I love that.
Keep up the amazing work mate :pray:

2 Likes

My wheelhouse too man! Haha, feels like half of my life is hacking shit together cause I can’t afford the nice version of whatever the thing is

Totally hear this @HeadyBearAdventures but damned if those dandelion roots aren’t stubborn as hell to try to remove. I tried pulling a couple and quickly gave up for the path of less resistance just clipping them with a pair of shears

Me too brother! We’ll see how this works out, if nothing else the front yard is clear of dandelions for a couple days haha!

@BeagleZ your head went right to where mine was man, get the BBQ rolling, get the boiler going, absolute heaven. There are folks around here that will pour off some of the sap into a turkey fryer and boil sausages in it, that’s one I really wanna try next year, open invite to come tend the fire up here

@Cranio appreciate your kind words my friend, Bodhi’s the man, only got pop one pack of his gear to understand why people are so obsessed. If you’ve ever heard any of his interviews on the Adam Dunn Show or the Potcast, you can tell he’s this super positive, happy, loving dude and it shows in his seeds I think

8 Likes

100% man, yes I listened to the interviews with him on the potcast, I love that podcast, not only because a fellow Aussie is the creator but he asks really well thought out questions as well as good insights.
Bohdi is definitely a humble super positive dude that enjoys his work and is passionate about utilising land races as well as therapeutic strains.
I’ll have to listen to the other interviews on the Adam Dunn show :+1:

6 Likes

Hey @LegsMahoney real nice work in here! I hadn’t been through in a while, just getting caught up. A fellow sapper, I dig it!

Speaking of digging and dandelions, I just recently dug up a five gallon buckets worth of dandelions and violets from my yard and made my first dandy tea for the season. After about 4 days it started smelling a little sour and I filtered it off, it had become a deep dark brown. Checked the pH and it was real low (hot) so I cut it at 1:4 with fresh water and a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, which put it back around 6/6.5. I fed plants yesterday w it and today they all look thrilled. So hell yea, use them dandies, they everywhere!!

6 Likes

i love it! wouldnt have thought to check PH like that but ill keep it in mind when the time comes. right now im just watching the airlock on that bucket to see it come to life!

4 Likes

Yeah I never bothered w it for years, but now that I check more, I find I have less issues pop up. I often run in small pots and I think soil has less of a “buffering” ability w less than 10 ga pots.

3 Likes

definitely finding this to be the case too, still dialing in the right processes there with the smaller pots.

3 Likes

If you can manage the flood risk and don’t mind tweaking things here and there, I found Blumat drippers to be a game changer for small pots of soil.

2 Likes

you know i bought some on a whim and then looked into the setup of them and never even gave it a shot. i did put together a pump drip system just like the one Jeremy from Build-a-Soil outlined in last years series, that thing it the shit for sure, much easier to manage/mitigate potential flood hazards like you mentioned.

3 Likes

Blumats are decent. The main thing is to never ever let the reservoir for them go dry. In fact, the more you can keep it at the same level, the better the blumats will work for you. Like a float valve with auto top-off on your res, or something. If the res goes empty for the blumats then you have to re-bleed all the carrots and that’s a major pain. And really, if the res gets low its not uncommon for the carrots to just let all the remaining water out(flood) as the pressure differential isn’t the same anymore.

4 Likes

@HolyAngel that’s good advice! What do you prefer using instead though?

A flood and drain table :joy:
For this though specifically, I haven’t really found anything better than the blumats that is also as lazy while being unpowered. If you know you can maintain power at all times, then I’d sooner look at doing a drip setup with a small pond pump.

7 Likes

Nice fat J of the #5 after the chores are done and the kids in bed. She’s pretty nice during the day but hits the night time transition just right as well.

10 Likes

Been a while since I’ve updated here, Memorial Day holiday had me out of service and offline for a while. Plants got dried and two of em, the number 5 and the number 1 got trimmed and jarred up. In total it was a 10 day dry, shorter than I’d have liked but the temp and humidity in the final jars is holding right at the numbers that I want, and the flavor and smells on the smoke is right on with what I’d expect so all’s we’ll that ends well. Yields were predictably bad given the looks of the plants when they came down, but I’ve been puffing away on the number 5 and it’s super tasty and super pleasant. Same effects as the seeded shuck, maybe just a little bit more flavorful and pronounced on the high. I find that I can titration really nicely with this variety, one bowl or one bong hit gets me in that nice happy place but I can roll a full joint or smoke multiple bowls/bongs and really get going. I’ve been doing some freelance work on the side at nights and been smoking this stuff and I find that I’m really functional, really happy and really relaxed while working, very very happy to have this in my jars. Here’s a shot of one of the dried nugs from the number 5:

I’ll eventually pull out my tabletop lightbox and take some proper photos to show these off, but again, for how they looked when they came down the nugs are gorgeous, covered in this sticky super glue type resin that reeks of Hawaiian Punch. I went into the veg tent the other day after getting back from vacation and needed to do some defoliating on the GM moms so I took it as an opportunity to take a bunch of cuttings to try out the sandwich bag method of cloning:

I’ll report back in the effectiveness, but right off it’s a space saver!

Beyond that I’m still trying to sex the NL5xPPP and the PKxUHP to go outside for the season. The cuttings I took have been in cups of water under 12/12 lighting for like 11 or so days now and are mostly showing me nothing, only a few of the NLs are starting to show sex, so I’m hoping those will start giving it up soon cause the veg tent is severely overrun right now. I think that brings us mostly up to date so far. Nothing major that’ll pull me away from the garden until the week of the 4th of July, so I’ll be around more consistently till the . Love you all! :v:t2::v:t2::heart:

19 Likes

Great read! The nugs look great. I can’t believe I missed the seed and syrup contest. That was awesome

6 Likes

might make it a regular seasonal thing with whatever seeds ive made through the winter, so hang out! lots of seed runs on the planner currently.

12 Likes

You have my sweet tooth’s full attention :joy:
I’ll be hanging around

5 Likes

Hell ya bud! Nug looks tasty indeed! I cant wait to pop some of these and check them out, I will have to pick your brain on the affects of each you sent me when it comes down to it :+1:

5 Likes

you know it dude, hit me up whenever

6 Likes