Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

For sure dude, these are strictly an indoor garment, like the weird drop crotch pajama pants I’ve bought. Haha

7 Likes

Little update, still got start that other thread, but the PK x UHP is really turning into a beast. Got some shots of the fans and me next to it for reference:

And the Stop Lights is stretching out:

Doing battle with some inch worms and caterpillars munching leaves that I gotta take care of before flower but things are looking good otherwise :v:t2::heart::v:t2:

23 Likes

Looking excellent over there! Stop lights :joy: I love that name.

I can’t wait to see that hashplant flower out!!!

2 Likes

thats would save me from thinking im mislabeling shit, or when a marker falls off or when youre checking the roots and dont remember what square you took the clone from, what a great idea, i really dont like my domes and this is the best thing ive seen, ive tried cloning in water bottles, to make it simpler, and no good, this tho…

16 Likes

Yea dude, I was skeptical when I heard about this, and it does take an adjustment to get dialed in from the domes, but it’s pretty sweet, you could definitely pack a lot of cuts into a small space. I’ve been having really good luck with my dome though, almost ready to think about selling my bubble cloner at this point

8 Likes

yeah i’ve been a clone master lately in my domes but i just find 'em bulky, i really don’t have a lot of space especially when pheno hunting and taking backups of everything, fucking domes… and the covers don’t really always seal, they totally work tho haha

the plastic bags would make it easier to organize, i love simplifying

5 Likes

Hear you on all that brother. Till I get that warehouse space all my tents stay packed :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Love it when the backyard gets some shade during these hot days. GM5 in the bowl, cold miller in the can, and “Viola Lee Blues” on the speaker. Doesn’t get much better than this IMO. :heart::v:t2:

17 Likes

Here’s another reason I love the GM5:

That’s after like 3 weeks rooting, second cut taken at the same time is doing the same thing. Time for some new shoes :joy:

24 Likes

@LegsMahoney living up to his name up there, in the post above last…:point_up_2::joy::rofl:

Good stuff brother!! The roots in those peat pucks are looking killer!

4 Likes

Gotta show em what the names all about brother :joy: that GM5 has been my favorite so far, handled my ineptitude best out of all the others, fast rooting compared to her sisters and really nice smoke/flavor. The #2 is pretty similar in smell/flavor/effect but wasn’t as robust handling minor stresses in the garden. After reading @Budderton thread about developing an affie P1, I might try to line breed or back cross both of them independently for a while and combine the two in later generations to re-introduce some vigor. Not sure if I’ll go that route or just work the prized cut. Feeling real indecisive about the matter lately. :v:t2::v:t2::heart:

13 Likes

A bit of a head scratcher. If the #2 is just a lesser version of the #5, why bother putting work in on it but it’s easy to lose vigour through inbreeding the #5, so when it’s time to interject new genetic material, it’s nice if it’s closely related, so you don’t get knocked off course too much.:thinking:
I think I just confused myself.:joy:
Excuse my ignorance, but do you have males of the GM @LegsMahoney ?

10 Likes

I do! I kept a cut of the #4 I used to make the F3s. And you pretty perfectly walked through my same thought process after reading through your thread hahaha. It really just comes down to me not being able to make a decision and lose some of the other cuts I think

12 Likes

I assume your goal to limit pheno expression and try and have every seed be like the #5 or close to it.
I’d do the #5 to the #4 male, then select a male from that batch that closest resembles the #5 in veg and do a backcross back to the #5. From the same batch you can select phenos for another filial generation. You can progress with filial and bx gens at the same time and put them together down the road road if inbred depression sets in.

13 Likes

yes, @Budderton thats my ultimate goal is to have a good expression of my favorite pheno in seed form. im planning on popping the F3s from the #5 cut and growing them out, and initially was thinking that i would back cross them, but i started thinking (probably too much) about that and got confused as to whether or not i would bring a male back to the original #5 female, or find a new female out of those seeds and bring it back to the #4 male. but now im thinking that i should do some fillial breeding from that stock first, and then find a good pheno to bring back to the original cut maybe? this is the spiral i keep finding myself finding into when i try to think about the nitty gritty of the process, im easily confused haha.

11 Likes

Is it important to you that they be regular seeds at the end? The fastest way to get to every seed being copy of the #5 is to reverse it onto itself. Grow as many of those s1 seed as you can hold cuts of. After smoke testing the progeny, take the s1 that closest resembles the #5 and reverse it and put it on the #5, like a fem back cross. Repeat. After a couple fem bxs, with careful selection, you should have fem seed that closely resemble the #5, as you’ve not introduced new genetic material from a male. Easy to end up a big mess, reinforcing all the bad traits as well though, you’d have to test the shit out of all your selections.
The main thing to remember is that your the captain of the ship. It’s your call and you can do whatever you feel like doing, damned the torpedoes! :grin::peace_symbol:

16 Likes

I guess I’d like to end up with regular seeds, but I’m not opposed to fems, I should probably do both if for no other reason than a learning opportunity right?

11 Likes

Succeed or fail, either way your gonna pick up something new everytime you make seed. Learn by doing. I think it’s an excellent idea to do both, if you have the space.:peace_symbol:

11 Likes

Definitely no space to do em both at the same time, but concurrently for sure, I really wanna know this variety backwards and forwards as best I can

10 Likes

Learned a lot from this convo, thanks guys! Seems like you have some options Legs. Looking forward to seeing it play out as I’ve been thinking of doing something similar with my Goji lines.

6 Likes