Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

Just in case you can’t find smaller quantities, I found an ebay seller that sells by 2oz, 4oz, etc… so you don’t have to buy a huge bucket or anything. They didn’t take too long to ship and product as described :+1:

7 Likes

still has 38% bacillus thuringiensis in it which makes me a bit nervous. but im always a bit nervous :smiley:

small fish tank gravel is the best thing i have ever found for your problem in a small grow @LegsMahoney and you can scrape it right off when you transplant.

Edit: and looking good! cant wait to watch them grow big and strong!

9 Likes

Nice. Thank you, that’s probably more the size I need

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, might have to try that sometime, I’ve had pretty good luck using the rice hulls up to this point, and I like the added silica they can bring too, but always trying to learn other techniques.

5 Likes

ya i got to stop telling ppl about aquarium rocks for gnats… no one ever believes me. meh

its reusable and easy cleanup!! …there i go again

8 Likes

Hit me with it, in soil? I only do dirty.
Just decided to go with volcanic dust instead of DTE, what does the aquarium rocks do ( What Type) @cornbreadjunior Is it aggregate?

3 Likes

I believe it for sure, I’ve heard play sand too, makes a lot of sense, probably anything that acts as a barrier to the moist soil right?

3 Likes

correct! i dont like play sand cuz it mixes into my soil and i reuse my soils. this scrapes right off & you can get them in fancy colors :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve used play sand as part of my mix for years, never actually thought to ask why. I guess now I know, neat. :stuck_out_tongue: Learn something new every day here!

4 Likes

first time i used it it was just crap from one of my empty tanks. i had to reup about 8 months ago when i had a breakout and got the natural crushed river stone. no fake crap or paint just polished crushed clean river rock and it looks peerty too.

4 Likes

You gotta buy some of the little scuba divers and shit and build out a little diorama around the stalk! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

On bottom of vessel or mixed in?

3 Likes

dude im telling you, the possibilities are endless :smiley:

3 Likes

i run the fabric pots so just on top .5-.75 inch top dressing. i havnt run plastic in years but when i did i always crushed terracotta pots for the bottom

let me edit this so someone doesnt call me out. i run plastic up to .5 gallons and then i switch to fabric. havent had an issue with gnats coming in from the bottom but i leave them flat on plastic.

5 Likes

Outdoors we do railroad granite 6" in bottom of Jorge Size holes.

4 Likes

ha - ya man - ive seen your truck size holes. that looks like fun. i envy you outside peeps for how big they get and how amazong they look but the struggles you guys go through!! that gets serious out there. i like my clean little world

i swear i feel like im always out of likes so… :heart:

5 Likes

Why does that make you nervous? Just curious. I ask a lot of questions haha.

You say that now… haha. Seriously, I bought a pound bag in like June ‘20 and thought it’d last me forever. Probably have about a third of a pound left. I use it as a preventative when I transplant into my flowering pots (that’s the only time the gnats ever show up, I dunno why) and haven’t gotten gnats in the last few grows. Just a teaspoon per gallon of water, once about a week after transplant, works great.

5 Likes

no need to explain why ur asking, i got no issues with that. thats what this place is for right?

my personal reason is i dont like to use it because it is a manufactured pesticide even though it is found naturally in soil and deemed safe at levels recommended. its still labeled a pesticide and picking between an OMRI labeled pesticide or just using river rock to solve my problem, i personally pick river rock. Also, I only have to pay for the rock once instead of having to purchase it repeatedly to solve my problem when i ran out of the pesticide.

But this is also a reason for me because i have family that does Bee Apiaries:
Bt does not seem to hurt earthworms. However, the aizawai strain is highly toxic to honeybees.
and since i dont know what strains are in the bottle i just prefer to steer clear altogether.

also there is this from the national pesticide information center about it:
Scientists also evaluated whether Bt can cause allergic reactions. Researchers found that farmworkers exposed for one to four months did not experience any problems related to their airways, nose, or skin. However, further exposure showed evidence of an immune response and the potential for skin allergies to develop.

i mean it is OMRI labeled so we can trust it right?

7 Likes

Damn, that’s a lot to chew on there. I would probably assume that the levels at which were applying in small tent grows would be negligible compared to average applications right? Still the toxicity to bees is something to consider for sure.

To keep this convo going cause I’m loving it, anybody fuck with beneficial nematodes for gnat control? Saw it mentioned on another thread somewhere or other and I was able to find a bunch of different options online, all pretty reasonably priced from what I could see

4 Likes

Honestly, I just use yellow sticky traps. I’ve had really good results with those. I hang a few on the branches and stick a few in the soil. Typically within 24-48 hrs the population is gone and stuck to the traps.

7 Likes