Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

8/1/2023

Pop them seeds Minnesota!

37 Likes

Hell yea, there’s bound to be something special in those, big fan of the snow lotus cross I’ve got jarred up right now, somewhat similar parentage to that one

14 Likes

Blockquote Also, anyone with experience with Bodhis Kashmir in general as a male,

I’ve made 20 outcrosses using a Kashmir Azad male from Bodhi, but have only grown out 2 personally. Looks like I need to grow more of these out!

In my limited experience with the Kashmir male, it’s fantastic bc it doesn’t seem to dominate the cross like most Heirlooms seem to do.

The 2 outcrosses grown were:

• Strawberries & Cream f2 (Exotic Genetix) x Kashmir Azad
  • Runtz (Exotic Genetix) x Kashmir Azad

Both crosses seemed to be improved on from the mom. The S&C mom was improved on by adding more strength, yield, and some creamy/greasiness. Not much of the S&C taste/flavor profile was lost, but added in a small amount more of the creamy profile. The Runtz outcross had more strength to it, while allowing the flavor/taste profile to come through about 80%, with a more “fluffy” taste profile.

Vigor and yield were also improved on both. If the moms were a 4/10 on yield, the outcrosses are about a 6.5.

In other words, the Kashmir Azad male has some magic to it.

18 Likes

Interesting… if I remember correctly the description for Artifact 1 x Kashmir said something about both parents being dominant.

:man_shrugging:

11 Likes

That’s true, but we don’t really know what that Artifact is bringing to the table because it’s a selected f2, not the stinky F1 in DLA5. Bodhi mentioned three phenos of Artifact1 and one is an incense smelling one.

The one Artifact x Kashmir I grew out was probably Kashmir leaning because it was big fat nugs, and ZERO of the burnt rubber stank that I’m used to from the Artifact1.

20 Likes

I believe it was the V1, the lemon diesel version. but ironically the really lavendar dom pheno ive had only popped up once in 2 packs. most were gassy lemon leaning. Still really nice tho. Im sure I’d do great with SSDD. I havent ran many, but I did find a cut of Field Trip when I was growing large scale that was clearing 30% cannabinoids way back in 2018. And thats from a buddy running the machine, paying off labs wasnt really even an option back for us dirtgrub farm kids then lol. I wish I could link to my old SC Labs acct to show more, but after prop 64 they deleted 1000s of dollars worth of testing we got. But that’s a whole different story lol

23 Likes

Out of the LW tester pack, I got 2x lightly lavenderish girls. I did find a few more in the F2’s. I didn’t find any lavender in the SSDD x W testers, or the F2’s. [quote=“BackyardBoogie420, post:2069, topic:100288”]
Im sure I’d do great with SSDD.
[/quote]
If you’d like to check her out, hit me up.

13 Likes

Any pictures or thoughts on that one you could share? Even if just from memory would be interesting to hear more.

10 Likes

That should be really good. Stardawg Guava is a top clone in cali still.

7 Likes

sadly it ended up as another casualty of the war on drugs, and i lost it. the raids in santa cruz were coming down insane at that time and i barely got away by the seat of my pants, so keeping my collection of clones went from my whole life to a giant burden almost overnight. i wasnt even taking any pics of anything at that point.

but we described it as the kinda final boss of cookies lol. i had the berner and thin mint cuts i was running, and the growth/yield left a lot to be desired. the field trip had not only the really high testing, but also yielded something around triple and vegged a ton faster while still having the great colors cookies gives. def still had that baked-goods smell and flavor, but not exact.

16 Likes

Hola Gang

I can vouch for Kashmir Azad
that it does not have any rubber
taste in it.

Bare

28 Likes

Good Med F3
18 and 23 days from seed
Gonna prune all again today

22 Likes

Anyone know any info on “Everything”?

13 Likes

Everything is all his cuts… it’s one of those. Someone does have the list posted above somewhere I think.

9 Likes

Secret Chief is a heavy, strong body slam

16 Likes

Here it is

20 Likes

Thank you, this is music to my ears.

I got Jager HP for the mother Purple Kush’s body effects. Now i’m finding (dispensary) Purple Kush (mostly) makes me sleepy. Less heavy body effects than i remembered from 15 yrs ago.

8 Likes

Keep in mind jager is a very specific clone purple hindu kush. so if what you got was labeled as purple kush, the effect will be different.

a lot of Jager is grown commercially here for quick finishing outdoor crops.

As a side note, in oregon a lot of the cheap flavored vape cartridges in dispensaries are made from jager processed into c02 or thc isolate. Just because it’s a reliable quick producer and easy to grow in large quantities.

13 Likes

should have been named kali mist x feeling lucky?

wait wait wait… does that mean aruba, a11g etc are possible new dad? when was that post from @zephyr ?

if i recall correctly, the aruba was a trade he made in aruba, and he thought it was really a hybrid from colombia or jamaica.

8 Likes

So seeds from then could be from A11 or Aruba dads but not used in newer current crosses. And unlikely (but possible) any of those males are still around, or their pollen is still in the fridge.
I know he lost his pollen fridge around 2009 (i think) while he was collecting seeds in Nepal.

6 Likes