Bodhi Soulmate f2 grow & f3 / S1 making

@imstinky I made these f2s myself from my first grow of Soulmate a few years ago.

5 Likes

Whoops sorry, I shoulda read down further before asking. That link would be fantastic. Thanks!

1 Like

I was just wondering. Good luck with your hunt. I have 2 diff phenos of Soul Mates running from my Bodhi pack. They are on day 52 of flower. Canā€™t wait to chop and taste them

2 Likes

@imstinky do you have any pics from your grow? Iā€™d love to see if they were similar phenos to what I had.
I got 2 phenos as well, a quite tall with stretchy internodes, goji leaning pheno. And a more stout pheno closer to the wookie.

2 Likes

Sounds kinda like mine. A shorter and a taller. Iā€™ll get some pics posted soon.

2 Likes

Day 52, Subcool homemade super soil mix and water only. 120watts of Kingbrite LEDs. 1.5x3ā€™ tent

Both

Short
Tall

23 Likes

They look beautiful :heart_eyes:, hope you enjoy them, the smoke was absolutely fantastic.

The taller one definitely looks like the tall pheno I had too, I think the short pheno I had was a bit more compact that what you have there, from what I remember.
My tall pheno had a bit more of a lemon smell to it than the other.

2 Likes

Look around this site. Lots of people here have been making and freely making/sharing/gifting F2 of dead lines and other seeds they make. Thatā€™s part of why this site exists - to promote the free sharing of weed genetics and encourage people to pay it forward. :slight_smile:

Please look around in the breeder category for lots of examples. If you interact with and engage the preservation threads, and encourage folks making seeds, they might just make more. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Not a whole lot to report on so far, but hereā€™s a little update shot from this morning.

The flowering tent is being cropped today, and I have to also hang dry in the same tent, so these little beauties will have another week at least until they go into the tent under the bigger lights.

*The avocado at the front left there is ridiculously vigorous, never grown an avocado before and did not expect it to be this quick haha.

12 Likes

Did you plant a ā€œfeminizedā€ avocado? Or whatever theyā€™re called. I didnā€™t know this until I looked into planting an avocado tree in my backyard, but you need a male and a female in order to produce, kinda like cannabis. Didnā€™t get one, just because I donā€™t really have room for two avocado trees (unless I chopped down whatā€™s already growing there). They do make avocado trees that produce fruit without a male, but you gotta be sure to get that one.

2 Likes

Is it a grafted tree or a diff strain of avacado? Had a grafted apple tree with 5 different varieties growing up, was cool. Dont see why you couldnt graft male branches onto a female tree if the species is graftable.

2 Likes

@SonsOfAvery Just thought Iā€™d pop my nut in and say high! Iā€™m the guy from RUI running a couple of your F2ā€™s. Iā€™ll try to get some pics up once I get the hang of this joint!

7 Likes

Did you used to be on thcfarmer, too? I was just re-reading one of my old grow logs there and noticed one of your comments. I was like,ā€Oh yeah! I remember that guy!ā€ haha.

2 Likes

Welcome @HorseBadorites glad to see you here, my friend! :slight_smile: Lots more old, out of print F2s to be found if you stick around. Weā€™re able to openly make, gift, trade and share them here, unlike RIU. And thatā€™s created a huge community deadicated :wink: to preserving old and out of print strains, much like the old Overgrow!

11 Likes

Righto, Iā€™m the guy with the filthy clone closet, lol! Nice to see you here!

5 Likes

Thanks man, I was hoping this was you! Iā€™m Flakey Foont at RUIā€¦donā€™t ask, lol!

I missed out on the old Overgrow when it was up, only saw what folks on other forums had saved of it.

Itā€™s really nice to see such an active, interesting, and informative Bodhi thread.

Being an SSDD junkie for years, this is right up my ally.

Iā€™ll probably have more questions than contributions, at least for a while.

So, I probably should get right to it, eh?

For starters, whatā€™s the general community consensus on SSDD S1ā€™s?

If yā€™all arenā€™t going to stone me for mentioning it (puns are always intended, lol!), I could use some help.

13 Likes

I personally have an issue with people doing S1ā€™s. But as far as the general community consensus is concerned, people seem fine with it. I wouldnā€™t grow S1ā€™s, but if you wanna make them, have at it. A lot of people are.

If itā€™s the only way youā€™re capable of propagating your beloved SSDD, then hell yeah, do it. You donā€™t owe anybody anything, I donā€™t think. Keep growing that Sunshine Daydream!

Isnā€™t it? I kinda like it here, too. Got banned from thcfarmer the other day, just because I made a stink about the fact that somebody was literally changing the words I wrote in my grow logs without informing me. But OG seems okay, as long as you avoid the weirdos. Thatā€™s everywhere, though haha.

Anyway, good to ā€œseeā€ you. I always liked your comments on my grow logs at the farm.

7 Likes

lol I remember who you are. Youā€™re welcome here! I recall asking about your avatar over at Breedbay in their chat app a few years back. Iā€™m glad to have more bodhi fans and calm friends at Overgrow.

About the SSDD, itā€™s prolly better to ask over in the actual bodhi thread. :wink: I donā€™t know much about that flagship bodhi strain other than Iā€™ve smoked one pheno and it was OK, but it wasnā€™t the butter cut or the blueberry muffin cut or whatever the good one is. Iā€™d be happy to F2 the SSDD to pass out to the community for free some day. I have an F1 pack in the vault. :slight_smile: I bet if you had the really good pheno thatā€™s extra good for nerve pain, you could S1 it and find similar things? Seems like a good idea!

6 Likes

Yeah, I always wondered about that screen name, myself. ā€œDoes he raise horses? What his deal???ā€ haha. Always happy to come across anybody whoā€™s capable of writing a coherent sentence.

I have five or six seeds of the F1 pack in the vault, too. Thatā€™s the pack that I got that insanely stinky ā€œskunkā€ pheno from, too, just FYI. If you wanna actually do that, lemme know and Iā€™ll send them to you. Iā€™m not gonna grow them again, although I probably shouldā€¦

3 Likes

@minitiger @FiveGar
Itā€™s just a regular seed from an avocado that I particularly liked, so I germinated it.
I actually didnā€™t realise that Iā€™d need male and female trees, Iā€™d not really thought about it to be honest lol. Iā€™m just growing it fir fun really.

@HorseBadorites
Hey! Good to have you here! Thanks for coming over and joining the OG.
Definitely checkcout the main Bodhi thread here, Full of great people, as youā€™d expect.

3 Likes