Bodhi Sun Ra F2 Tester Thread

They’re still fattening up, but we’re definitely on the home stretch.
More pics this weekend, but I’m really happy with the look of them! They’re still drinking full doses of water, so probably another 2 weeks before I call it.

4 Likes

I do have a question for the group about what I should do with my Sun Ra f2’s. When I made these Bodhi had said that the Wookie male has been retired, so f2 away, but I do see that Sun Ra F1’s are still available for purchase. Do we think I should just sit on these and pass out to a few friends, or is it open season to distribute them? I think either way anyone following along in this thread should get some, but should I try and release them on a larger scale?

7 Likes

I have no idea, if you want to err on the side of caution you could always do another public option to test them. Given the fact that you aren’t selling the seeds it doesn’t seem as big of a deal to me, maybe require that the seeds be actually germinated in a larger distribution? Seems like another tester run would cover you there and you really can never have too much testing. That or do one of those RNG giveaways in @minitiger 's thread. That’s probably what I’d do!

It appears like GLG only has 14~ SunRa left in stock, no clue how much if any that B has in storage. Both JBC & HeadieGardens are out of SunRa.

There was also that email posted in the B thread last year about how Bodhi appears to not care what people do - including with current lines. Still would want to be respectful but given that you created these with the intent to share them and not profit from them it seems fine to me if you go ahead… Interested to read what others think.

5 Likes

Got a couple My Own Sun Ra F2s at 18d 12/12 wanting to make buds. Will pull some leaves soon, topped and LST.
Vaping My Own SoulMate x Cherry Queen in my ancient Aluminum Vapor Genie. Powerful but gotta be careful with the VG.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure those Sun Ra seeds that’re still available are just from Bodhi’s freezer, but I guess if they are still available, yeah, maybe not for the time being.

Are you talking about a wiki? Don’t do it… Fuck those vultures! Haha.

How could you even guarantee that?

I dunno what an RNG giveaway is, but fuck yeah, do it on my thread haha… I actually really am totally down for that. Do it, @Greasy haha. You have my blessing, I’m not even kidding.

3 Likes

If the dad’s dead, it’s a discontinued line; doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t be selling it, Black Triangle recently made an appearance in seed banks again when he broke it out of the vault. When the first co-ops were getting started this question came up, and he didn’t seem to mind a DBHP co-op even while seeds were still being sold because the dad was dead.

Given that, I’d say you’re clear to do whatever you want with them. If you want to only give them away to people who are gonna grow them immediately, IMO you’re probably best off continuing with the expectation that people run them as testers and report back. Even then you’re gonna get burned occasionally, but that’s the best way to make sure they’re actually grown soon. Most of the regulars on the forum simply don’t have the room to grow anywhere near all the seeds we’re all making, so if you pass them out freely, most of the people who take them aren’t gonna grow them any time soon. I know I wouldn’t say no if you’re trying to get them out there, and I know just as well that they’d end up sitting in my fridge for a while… who knows how long. :man_shrugging:

Anyway, looks like as long as you’re not selling them, it’s all good; you could ask the co-op to distribute them, do a single mass distribution yourself, or set up camp in @minitiger’s thread and run a wiki giveaway every hour for maximum possible spam opportunities. I’d be a little amused to see that, personally. :stuck_out_tongue: Though somehow I think we might see one or two fights starting…

3 Likes

Yeah, that is another option. I feel like if anybody really wants to grow these seeds, they can just message me with their intention to grow them and I’ll be happy to share.

Haha! Start all the wiki’s on his thread!

Thanks for sharing that.

Yeah, I guess the question becomes what do I feel comfortable with, rather than what am I allowed to do. I gave away tons of AKBB’s Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry F2’s I made after emailing him asking for permission, and I liked his take, they are your seeds, do what you want! At the time I couldn’t find that he had them listed anywhere, but after I had distributed them he did another big release. My hope from giving away those seeds is that somebody who grew them might be like wow, these are great, I should buy something from AKBB, which everyone should. Dude has some really cool stuff like Bodhi, and seems to be in it for the passion. Guy has a regular job and all and just does seeds for the fun and extra income it appears.

That’s kind of my feeling. No harm having them sit in the fridge for a while…

I am not talking about a Wiki. I want to be kind to everyone on Overgrow that makes an effort to have the giving spirit, but the current co-op scene really doesn’t do it for me. Feels like an administrative bureaucracy with those in charge having some strange behavior. I understand that people share their time and money to get seeds to others, but I don’t really think it’s fully altruistic. People seem to deify certain members on Overgrow and it baffles me, but that’s OK, we are all here to have a good time, and there is plenty of room for all of us in our little spheres of influence to do as we see fit. I just avoid most public spaces here and stick to the grow logs and I am a lot less frustrated. Every now and again somebody messages me out of nowhere asking for free stuff, but it’s easy enough to just hit the ignore button there. That being said, finding ways to get seeds to newer growers is a great way to help encourage the hobby, and I showed up here years back for the sole intention of getting nube’s Pura Vida F2’s, which I then grew out and documented. It was a great way to make some friends, so I have mixed feelings on no longer participating in those seed give aways, but not enough to actually do one myself.

Your thread would probably get more traffic. Ultimately, I got these seeds from syzygy with the understanding that I was going to do a preservation project with them, and at some point I plan on unleashing them here. Appreciate the input, and curious to hear if anyone else has any thoughts.

5 Likes

You can always use my thread to spam anything as well to maximize traffic (if you want), doesn’t bother me. I assume all 3 of us have a lot of overlap in who’s viewing but wouldn’t hurt either way.

For sure. In my eyes the fact that you’re conflicted about it and that you started this tester thread almost a year ago demonstrates the good intent.

Where you have a whole bunch of people guess a number and then you use a Random Number Generator to decide who wins the highly valuable pack of seeds. It’s a great way to generate engagement on threads where they don’t seem to be into growing Cannabis. Just kidding but not entirely.

4 Likes

Some assorted bud shots from the various plants, and a little overview:

12 Likes

Great work man! They are finishing strong!!! Looking like some real nice chunky buds you’ve got there. Thrips didn’t slow em down at all.

5 Likes

What’s been the average flower time on these maybe 11 weeks? Looks like yours is going to yield real good. Those are big ass buds

2 Likes

Thanks brother! I’m really really pleased.

Something like that. I think these still have about 2 weeks and I believe that would be exactly 11

4 Likes

Good guess, most plants take the full 11 weeks from seed. I like stuff ripe…thanks for the heads up. I’m just trying to plan how long to expect.

Better look at this one, it’s very unique and doesn’t resemble any on this thread. The leaves have a very velvet/corduroy type feel to em. Color is neon green. Possibly a wookie pheno I’m thinking.

Not sure why her leaves are curly all the time. I assumed roots were too wet. I let her dry out real good, and she still look the same. Healthy though

8 Likes

Sorry for lack of updates everyone. Especially you @Greasy

I have been dealing with a loved one that has health issues the last couple weeks. It has kept me away from the garden more than I would like.

I left everything to the care of my wife, which is a lot to deal with by yourself. Unfortunately through some misunderstanding, the plants have been harvested at the 8.5 week mark. A little earlier than I would have preferred. And even more disappointing is there are no update pictures. :-1:

On a positive note, there where no signs of herms. I will give a review, with pics, when everything is dry enough to sample.

Again, sorry @Greasy for not following through with proper updates. It’s been like a month since my last update. That’s pretty bad.

5 Likes

Hey @Uprangewilly , no issues at all on the updates. I’m sorry you have a loved one with health issues. There is nothing more stressful in life than that. Absolutely no disappointment or hard feelings on my end. Just hope things turn around for you and yours, and that everything turns out OK. Thank you so much for your time to run these plants, and appreciate all your effort.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and understanding @Greasy

I have rooted clones of all nine, and I plan on running them again asap to see their full potential.

2 Likes

There all looking good still. No issues at all with intersex, growth, etc. Very easy. The colorful plant I plan on using a male sibling to pollinate the sun ra clone I got later down the line. It needs more vigor and bigger frame. Sun ra is perfect for that

8 Likes

Mine are all clawed; I think it’s soil that’s too hot.

3 Likes

So these nine Sun Ra f2s my wife harvested last week are dry enough to sample. In fact I’m smoking some right now.

Im sure we all understand that a smoke report is very subjective. We all have different tolerances, tastes, and overall opinions on what is good. I have been growing full time for over a decade. Grown dozens of strains from various breeders.

Having said that, I feel these Sun Ra f2s are some of the most potent plants to come out of my garden. I am really enjoying the balanced effects. It does lean a little Sativa, but I definitely get a mellow, relaxed feeling in the body as well. I also get a little pressure in the forehead. If I over indulge, it feels kind of like a mild trip. Things look a little more vivid and vibrant. I find myself laughing at the stupidest shit on tv.

For taste, I’m getting an earthy, dirt, and skunky kind of taste. Leaves a skunky taste in the mouth for several minutes after a hit. Buds smell a little citrusy when broken up.

No real cure yet obviously, so hopefully I can compare each plant in the coming weeks. To be honest, I don’t know if these bags will last that long. I’m finding myself reaching for them over the other strains available.

Well done @Greasy for making these! And thanks for the opportunity.

I’m definitely going to pick up a pack for my next order.

14 Likes

Smelling strong already it’s a deep herbal funk… lights out it smells all the way to my garage. Other pheno is crap, but one is outstanding!

Here’s the not good one haha…alot of mutations, variegated foliage etc.

Good one is a beast though. It’s 3x as big and super healthy.

10 Likes