BOG Sour Strawberry Preservation!

At the worst I can get a cheap water pump and do it that way :wink: or a watering can like a caveman hahaa

4 Likes

LOL, yeah, I am still in the Caveman stage brother. I look forward to trying my new system but it will only do my one tent. The other 2 will still have me hand watering. One day I may get it all automated. Heck I have a submersible pump I bought to set this up, just ended up buying a fancier rig on an impulse.

3 Likes

Lmao. That’s how it always goes 🤷
End up with several parts for the same reasons.

2 Likes

Gonna have to keep an eye on this thread for more than just the Sour Strawberry, it seems… I’m in the process of expanding my space and a way to avoid carrying multiple 5-gallon buckets of water down the stairs every week definitely wouldn’t be a bad thing. If you do manage to figure out how to get that fully automated, I’d be interested to see how.

2 Likes

I hooked up an automatic water system using drip irrigation. I got rid of the drip tips as they always clogged and put a timer on it. The next issue I had was that I wasn’t getting equal pressure to all my plants… the one closest to my reservoir/pump got lots while the ones further away got less. This here is what solved my problem. I now have 2 - 7 day digital timers. One to an airpump/stone system to aerate my water for 20 minutes before my water pump kicks in and sends water to this Rain Bird manifold/splitter. It pumps for about 4 minutes every second day, for the 7th day rounding out the weekend it gets 8 minutes of water then no water for 2 days (stupid odd number if days in a week, lol)

7 Likes

Well my friends I’ve been fighting Spider mites for too many months now, I’m tossing in the towel…

Spending my weekend ( the next few days ) and dismantling my grow area & cleaning the hell outta everything. Then clean it again. Then probably one more time to make sure.

Would not wish these on anyone, ever.

It’s time to Reset, clean and start new!

Good news though, I can FINALLY start the BOG grow… AFTER I clean everything with Bleach, Fire and Gasoline…

Photo bomb. Lovely buds & tons of Webbing…
Same plants, same tent, different bud shots.

23 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:
:heart: :fist: :heart:

2 Likes

Try this ?

2 Likes

Sorry for you, i know very good how it’s to deal with mites, i got a lot in my tomatoes :man_facepalming::cry:

But you can’t go wrong with biological control. Have you tried some natural predactor? For sure Koppert does have some.

1 Like

you can always do a bud wash on everything. If I think there are still bugs or PM when I harvest, I wash all limbs by dunking them in the first bucket with Green Cure and then lemon water rinse. You can do a wet trim first and get rid of a lot of the pests before the wash. They sure are pretty plants. Nice work. Nobody expects to get hit but eventually it happens. I got my first exposure to mites this year.

5 Likes

You might want to read/try this.

2 Likes

Thanks my friends

I’m the last 4 months I’ve read tons of things online and on OG about spider mites & how to kill them… I’ve tryed several things and thought I won … to me it makes sense that these little Bastereds went into hiding in the soil & came back when the environment was suitable again…

I know I could was the buds heavily before consuming them, but it litterly grosses me out blah… it’s ok :+1:… I mean yeah, I’m a little bummed… BUT it’s way more exciting to see a new grow started & I’m really not willing to take the chances of keeping my soil, just to fight another 4 months with these mites…

Sometimes I know it’s healthier to just take it on the chin & move on…

Thank you :blush: & everyone els for all your support :heart: :pray: much appreciated and tons of Respect for you all.

Bear with me for a few days as I correct this situation & build up again …

15 Likes

I literally just did the same thing @CADMAN found mites in my veg room and abandoned a little 2 plant pheno hunt I had going on as well as the mother of the indoor plant I just chopped. Bummer to reset but I’d rather just nuke, clean, and start over than keep pushing a boulder uphill

3 Likes

I thought I had spider mites until I found the jumping spider that’s made a home in one of my plants; really made the stress of seeing a web disappear! Still I’m getting predatory insect packs for EVERY PLANT as i’m bringing in all my outdoor plants in the next few weeks so I’m in due diligence mode.

2 Likes

Excatlty my friend

3 Likes

I did this twice. Didn’t work apparently

3 Likes

Photos of the extreme Supercropped elbows on these two plants… EVERYTHING from this tent is GONE. Except the Lights & inline fan, EVERYTHING else was trashed.
6 full garage bags (mostly from 112 liters of soil)
2 full of Cannabis, was definitely around 1 pound tossed.

Last photo is after I moved all the poles, vacuumed every inch possible, I even cut out the two vent screens to get behind the tent. (I’ll be ducktaping them in place permanently so they can’t open, except one of them…

Right now all equipment is unplugged and I’ve got the humidifier to make this tent 100% humidity to KILL anything I’ve missed…

Then I’ll wipe down with a bleach soaked rag, 100% humidity again, wipe down with Hydrogen proxcide and again 100%… let it dry and go tape crazy…

13 Likes

I do my cleanup with peroxide too! Wary of bleach in general but I guess I should use it, never thought of using the humidity blasts too, good stuff!

1 Like

This thread will be closed, please follow this link for future content…

7 Likes