BOG Sweet and Sour Cindy preservation co-op run

great work man @CADMAN the cards are looking amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya know, I bet OG could raise some money selling a poster of those cards! It would grace the wall of any grow room. The cards are a genuine work of art @CADMAN :+1: :+1:

Say Doug, and @Pigeonman, if you’re listening,
Could you guys take a few minutes to describe your method for drying and curing seeds?

You guys are both getting close to completing truly epic seed runs and I bet I’m not the only one interested in how you process them after the harvest.

-Grouchy

17 Likes

Those look sweeeet. Great job ! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hey @GrouchyOldMan here’s my breakdown:

1 - trim all fan leaves and then hang/rack the flowers in my drying tent.

2 - flowers stay in drying tent with sensor controlled humidifier OFF, interior circulation fan ON and exhaust fan ON.

3 - Everything is allowed to over-dry, we’re talking taking a nug in your hand and when you apply pressure it crumbles into dust. This usually takes over a week in the drying tent in winter with the low RH%.

4 - In a large metal bowl go all the flowers from the tent, and then with gorilla gloves (car shop nitrile work gloves, aka: heavy duty) I crush all the flowers in my hands, using my fingers to work through the mass breaking up everything which separates flower from seed, and the calyx outer coating of the seeds themselves.

5 - Once the mess looks even, I lift up the bowl and swirl it around which makes the seeds go to the bottom of the bowl with the plant matter staying above. Yes, this is basically just gold panning tech.

6 - Now I pull out the **Pigeonman’s Overbuilt Cyclone Seed Separator" and go to town. This is too complicated to explain so here’s a link to where I already did! And with pictures!

But here’s a video of the thing in action which uses vacuum pressure to pull off the light-weight plant material into a DIY dust collector" which stops all the trimmings from ending up in my shop-vac so I can reclaim the goodness via bubble bags.

The “trimmings” saved to make bubble:

Once this is all done I take the seeds and put them on a lunch tray. Under bright lights I move all the seeds to one end of the tray and with a slight angle applied I vibrate the tray which causes all the heavy (and viable) seeds to wriggle down to the bottom with any white/dead seeds not moving much at all.

I blow lightly as well so those nonviable seeds float away from the goods. This goes back and forth for a while until all the colour looks uniform. I even have a black lunch tray to dump after to triple check for colour matching.

A pic of the final seed batch after sorting:

This was just a small seed run but my buddy who grows big for his commercial business now comes by to sort HIS seeds here because to quote him:

“This thing is brilliant and just works, I want to build one but I need my kids to grow up so I can have more space to store it… but I also can’t be bothered.”

:rofl:

42 Likes

That is one hell of a rig you got their @Pigeonman what an invention! :+1::wink::facepunch::tophat::blush::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

IMG_4607 IMG_4239

:joy::joy::joy::face_with_monocle::thinking:

5 Likes

I don’t have kosher daddy yet or Jews gold. :grinning:

8 Likes

I got those card and have been giving them out as part of give-aways! :smiley:

@ShiskaberrySavior later in the month I do another random number give-away. :ok_hand:

13 Likes

I bookmarked your post immediately once I saw that separator!

Awesome stuff just like your grows are @Pigeonman

:raised_hands:

7 Likes

Awsome write up bud. I love it!
This is actually exactly what I do(minus the seed separator, lol).
Come to think of it…I’ve had that like bookmarked since last year. I should probably use it. :joy:

5 Likes

@Weednerd.Anthony & @blowdout2269 , here’s the video I referenced to make the cyclone collector. I had plans made up but in my research this guy litterally nailed it so no need to make any adjustments :ok_hand:

17 Likes

Hey there, just a quick update. Plants are still kicking and seeds still maturing. I have shucked over 1000 so far just because, lol. They are still leaning pretty good.

I will try to put up a signup this weekend for them. Have a great day OG. :v:

64 Likes

I do much the same as @Pigeonman. Once I shuck the seeds from the dried out plants I just put them in a big bowl and stir them daily for a couple weeks as they dry.

21 Likes

I’m outa likes: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

@GrouchyOldMan

If enough people are interest in posters, or other items, I can definitely make that happen for OG’ERS anytime anyone shows interest :wink: as I like this idea :bulb: @GrouchyOldMan

Otherwise I’d highly discurage reproduction of anything belonging to Club Quadrant, the brand of @CADMAN without prior written consent!

18 Likes

Of course. Understood. You do beautiful work and deserve the full credit for it. OG is very lucky to have you and our other creative artists.

It’s a pleasure Overgrowing with you, (and Doug and Pige and rest of y’all rascals!)
-Grouchy

12 Likes

Need that Sour Grape :grapes:
Happy belated New Year.

3 Likes

Do you need the card or both card and seeds for the Jews Gold?

2 Likes

Both if available that would be cool. Thanks

1 Like

Say Less, Bro

5 Likes

Less? Okay

4 Likes