DIY Seeds Separator

After faffing around for a few months and then getting all the parts together may I present to y’all:

Pigeonman’s OVER-BUILT Cyclone Seed Separator

A motto that always gets me either top of the class OR very fucked:

So I took the original method I use to separate seeds using a vacuum and stepped up my game by building a cyclone dust separator which will catch all the spoils for hash/dry-sift leaving the seeds in the original bowl, and nothing makes it to the vacuum cleaner’s drum!

First off, what I do is this:

But then I built this:

And while the system “should” catch everything I wanted to minimize the suction so I used an extra fan controller i had kicking around to drop the 6amp shop vac from “full tilt on” to “barely running”.

I over dry the flowers, and then wearing gloves I hand crush them to separate the seeds from the “chaff” making it all look like this when I start:

But then when done:

This in addition to an added choke hole to the bottle means I can “pulse” control the level of suction making the cyclone magic happen.

Here’s a video showing the system in action from a pile of crushed dust to nearly clean seeds.

(warning, there’s a high-pitched tone due to the cyclone system, volume DOWN.)

Finally here’s what ends up in the cyclone bucket:

You can see it’s easy to brush into a container to end up dry-sifting later. :+1:

And the beans!

:v:

59 Likes